What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

1610049145272.png

I knew I would be disappointed after all the years of wetdreaming

I was hoping for the next generation Gripen like fighter Jet. It seems most of the upgrade is Internal. I still applaud Paf for the block 3 however we do need more f16s or J10C as we won't be inducting the 5th generation Jet till after 2030s.

agreed doesnt have the wing loading (f-15) nor body lift (f-16) to sustain something like that. Also the Rd-93ma isnt going to be as serious a power up as the evolution of the F100s and F110s.
Rd93ma is enough power
Its 20% up from baseline

Deino gets angry when people make claims without substance
Well its true for you too..

Plans smaller then jf17 have flown with CFTs
Whether PAF things it will fit in its doctorine is when the decision on CFTs be made
With f16 taking front load and rd93 base engine its unlikly
But we arent sure abt new block3

I was hoping for the next generation Gripen like fighter Jet. It seems most of the upgrade is Internal. I still applaud Paf for the block 3 however we do need more f16s or J10C as we won't be inducting the 5th generation Jet till after 2030s.
Why?

The fact that the Block-III would be just the next step was reiterated ad-nauseum by more experienced and/or professional members here for the past 5 years. Yet, we had so many here and those p—-dus posting YouTube videos proclaiming that Block-III was the Ibn-Raptor al Bakistan?

The F-16 Block-20 is barely different from the block-30 to the casual observer -only when the EW spine on the family model was added for the Israelis did some change get noticed. Infact the block aspect of F-16 gave it a huge advantage when it came to upgrades and capabilities. Also why our block-15MLU’s can go toe to toe with Raptors of the east in terms of avionics.

The block-III isn’t just a JF-17 step, it is a AZM step as well. Everything from the systems integration for AESA,EW and cockpit changed has added knowledge to PAC. The Block-I’s are nearing their mid-life to twilight stage - not sure how much but a lot could be recycled from there.

More importantly,while the Chinese have been holding us back purely for their own financial interests - today with a bit more effort you can at the least roll out a complete fuselage of a high performance fighter, add components from suppliers you are not afraid of sanctions or restrictions, and use any weapon you want so long as it is compatible and restriction free - and fly it to your hearts content without worrying about spares stock or approval from some foreign power.

From the year 2001 where you were rationing your only high end aircraft and cannibalizing them , praying and hoping that your mig-21 facsimiles would be able to defend using meagre GCI against an adversary having 140 high tech jets and fairly potent strike assets while you could only hope to provide CAS with some degree of success; to being able to paralyze your enemy , gain air superiority in their airspace to carry out offensive operations at will - while knowing that one of your top two assets has enough spares to keep it going at full wartime tempo at high double digit serviceability while the other you make the jet, service and fly to your hearts content.

Did I mention that from 2001 with ZERO high performance interception assets with BVR and potent ECM to having about 180+ of those?(About 60% of your interception/air superiority assets)

All the while you went into essentially a country ravaged by extremism, corruption and social unrest for the better part of the last 20 years..

Why were people expecting anything different? Does everyone in Pakistan have Bani-Israel heritage? No, tell your god to make us an idol - we don’t want to work, pray or get mon and salwa.

IF we see the picture closely, few things will be clear
1st about radar.
2nd Height of the aircraft is taller than bk-01 & bk-02, which Ra'ad ALCM can be integrated in the future.
3rd Pl-15 will be too bigger for wings of bk-03, which will look weird.
4th no Irst will be integrated.
5th still no sign of RD-93MA most probably.
View attachment 704505
View attachment 704507
So there will be more than one additional hard point as the poster states?.

Back
Top Bottom