What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Had the PLAAF and the Chinese inducted the JF-17 in their own air force, the chances of a Chinese engine would have been that much higher. But since they have not done so yet, why should PAF go for their untested engines for our main fighter aircraft?
According to stats, WS-13E is lighter and more powerful then RD-93. Even if life span of both engine is same, its a win win situation.
Do you know how many RD-93s we have bought???

Had the PLAAF and the Chinese inducted the JF-17 in their own air force
No,JF-17 is especially designed for PAF/PAkistan
why should PAF go for their untested engines for our main fighter aircraft?
there were a rumors that we tested Chinese WS-13 back in 2010-2015 time frame but not satisfied it performance

View attachment 615208 So block 3 will have similar hp on the chin plus canted radar aesa which like gripen extends azmith coverage beyond 180 to xxx degrees and after launch of Bvr firer can go 90 degrees perpendicular making hard for opponent to lock and still guide the bvr due to radar coverage

I was expecting two hp on chins like j-10 one for Ldp and another for jammer but I think block 3 carries internal jammer like block 52s and will not need

View attachment 615210 View attachment 615211

The Selex Raven ES-05A on the Gripen E/F has a repositioner that basically allows the radar face to be moved. the JF-17 Block 3's KLJ-7A AESA DOES NOT have the repositioner. So it won't have the capability that is being shown for the Gripen E/F.

Canted radar doesn't mean anything other than the radar face being 'canted' or positioned in a way that it faces upwards. That reduces it's forward signature, that's all.

Had the PLAAF and the Chinese inducted the JF-17 in their own air force, the chances of a Chinese engine would have been that much higher. But since they have not done so yet, why should PAF go for their untested engines for our main fighter aircraft?
You hit it on the head. Unlesswe have concrete evidence of a fully matured and used Chinese engine which has seen activeservice in PLAAF we arenotgoing to annoy the Red bear by taking business away from it. I suspect if the Chinese are impriving their engines with Russian help then so are the Russians. If push comes to shove I can bet that the Russians will offer you an equivalent engine.
Lastly PAF has set upoverhaul unit for RD93. Why would they do so without continuing on with it.
A

Are there are major delays to the JF-17 Block III due to the Coronavirus ?
Sheikh Saheb.
The inlet swabs for the JFT have been negative so it is highly unlikely that the plane has Covid 19 infection. Sorryvould not resist.
On a serious note inless there is a market collapse in Pakistan it is unlikely to be affected .

You hit it on the head. Unlesswe have concrete evidence of a fully matured and used Chinese engine which has seen activeservice in PLAAF we arenotgoing to annoy the Red bear by taking business away from it. I suspect if the Chinese are impriving their engines with Russian help then so are the Russians. If push comes to shove I can bet that the Russians will offer you an equivalent engine.
Lastly PAF has set upoverhaul unit for RD93. Why would they do so without continuing on with it.
A
They have started installing WS-10 on J-10s. So it shows that they are catching up. Russians will demand money upfront due to dire situation of their economy.

According to stats, WS-13E is lighter and more powerful then RD-93. Even if life span of both engine is same, its a win win situation.
Do you know how many RD-93s we have bought???
I dont think it is as simple as that. A new engine poses risk to the whole project and kiĺls any chances of reverting back to the Red bear as you would have annoyed and insulted it royally. Now if you had just one crash on a new engine what do you think would happen to the reputation of the JFT.
ALSO look at the cost of setting up infrastructure for the new engine and ?? replacing the older RD93 Eengines. So does not look like it is going to happen to me at least.
You can indulge in this fantasy but I am out.
A

Does anyone knows how many RD-93s we bought???
@Signalian @Dazzler @airomerix @Quwa

"Russian President Vladimir Putin recently signed a permit to re-export Russian RD-93 engines to Pakistan (Kommersant wrote about this possibility on April 26). RD-93 is installed on Chinese JF-17 fighters (also known as FC-1). Islamabad and Beijing signed a contract for 150 of these machines. In general, China plans to purchase about 1 thousand RD-93 in Russia in the amount of $ 6-7 billion. ..."

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/792862

"Russian President Vladimir Putin recently signed a permit to re-export Russian RD-93 engines to Pakistan (Kommersant wrote about this possibility on April 26). RD-93 is installed on Chinese JF-17 fighters (also known as FC-1). Islamabad and Beijing signed a contract for 150 of these machines. In general, China plans to purchase about 1 thousand RD-93 in Russia in the amount of $ 6-7 billion. ..."

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/792862

If number of 150 is correct it means we are almost out of RD-93s.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom