What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I hate talking about the Rafale in a JF17 thread.. but, here goes.....

France has done a good piece of PR with the Rafale EW system by giving it a unique name and identity called Spectra thereby seeming to give it mythical capabilities. Libya was/is not a good example of how Rafale will fair in any PAF/IAF environment, so lets put that one to bed. Think of Spectra as an integrated DFRM/EW Sensor suite/receiver setup and you can see that most people by now have replicated its functionality. "Spectra" has been around for a while and its secrets are fairly well understood in the defence community... I firmly believe that the JF17 Block III will have EW capabilities on par with the Rafales Spectra......

At this time, China is throwing alot lot more money and a lot lot more scientists at EW than France is, and i can actually see China having already surpassed French EW capabilities and are now almost reaching parity with the USA. The problem France has, she is thinly spread as she is trying to do everything and she does not have the customer anymore to support her industries and therefore can spend less and less on R&D. Its a cyclical thing, and the IAF order was the last magical roll of the dice for the Rafale/France. Their stealth lead platform is on a road to no where when the Germans pullout ...

Don't forget, the king of the hill for military EW capabilities is the USA given its technical depth. China is second. The rest is up for grabs ...

China's aviation military technology has suprassed Frances. Be under no illusion about that, and China is now sharing some of her secrets with Pakistan, which of course is good for PAF and bad for IAF.

The real question is, can Indian industries reach Chinas level of scientific progress that will be reflected in her military capabilities, we all know the answer.. Spoiler alert.. the answer is NO !!!
While not disagreeing with you I think we need to have a demonstration of the Chinese EW abilities to really establish its place in the avionics world. The problem remains one of authenticating what they are producing. Till they do the doubts will remain.
As to EU I think their production costs are too high and they are fast becoming noncompetetive in the world. The US due to its sheer resources and product range will continue to be a force to reckon with.
A

While not disagreeing with you I think we need to have a demonstration of the Chinese EW abilities to really establish its place in the avionics world. The problem remains one of authenticating what they are producing. Till they do the doubts will remain.
As to EU I think their production costs are too high and they are fast becoming noncompetetive in the world. The US due to its sheer resources and product range will continue to be a force to reckon with.
A
Well? Given that 6 to 8 JF17s under the cover of the Chinese AWAEC aircrafts just cruised into iok and bombed 6 different bases with the indians not being able to fire off a single shot in their defense, sounds like a pretty strong testimony to Chinese EW capabilities to me.

Comparison banta nahein ....different class of ACs. anyway, B3 should be pitched against M2K or SAMOOSA.
Not so sure. By the looks of the B3's sensory layout, looks like it has the J31 DNA.

Not so sure. By the looks of the B3's sensory layout, looks like it has the J31 DNA.

Yes, i still believe that some surprised Information regarding B3 has not been revealed to public yet. We may hear or know it after some time this year. PT02 and onward may have include IRST and AESA fitted. later PTs will gradually induct Turkish goodies or another "AESA" as being speculated in media.

The B3 will be like Testing Toy....as MT sb said our own Bird...experiment with what you like incorporate....

Note it down InshaAllah, this B3 would be the most fearsome lightweight 4th ++ Gen fighter AC...

Logistical nightmare. PAF won't go for any other systems if it has chosen the Chinese option
I wouldn’t disagree on this one, Grifo will allow our diverse variety of AAMs on thunders, those used on F-16s such as AIM-120

I think there was some article or interview as well on a highly reputed defense magazine that PAF intends to introduce a western specialized variant of Block 3 focusing on western avionics including turkish

The other route is in consideration ....There is a reason why Indian media and online warriors discussing B3 in details.

What about A2G Missiles of JF-17, there are none AFAIK.

Will JFT Block-III carry a long range Air to surface missile ? and im not talking about DEAD (MAR-1) or AShM (C- series). A SOM to fire on enemy ground infrastructure. Any Turkish/Chinese options ?

Will JFT Block-III carry a long range Air to surface missile ? and im not talking about DEAD (MAR-1) or AShM (C- series). A SOM to fire on enemy ground infrastructure. Any Turkish/Chinese options ?

As shown in the recent Navy missile fire demonstration C802 has land attack capability.

Attachments

• 3CAA4A96-1FE5-420E-AEFB-0DEAA2621F99.png
    3CAA4A96-1FE5-420E-AEFB-0DEAA2621F99.png
    331 KB · Views: 96

YJ-83 aka C-802 for anti Ground/ship
As shown in the recent Navy missile fire demonstration C802 has land attack capability.
Yes
Thank you, then i was not aware.
Kyun sharminda kar rahe ho becharay ko :lol::lol:

Since you are opting C series out, i don’t think we have much else to offer except as CM RAAD.
Are there any long range ARMs in the world?

Back
Top Bottom