What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

"However, the LKF601E is not without its way out. This type of radar can be directly installed in-situ in the head space of "Baolong" BLOCK1 and 2, directly replacing the old machine-scan radar."

This particular part of article supports earlier claims that some JF-17s B2 used in Operation Swift Retort were equipped with AESA LKF601E radars @TheTallGuy @airomerix
No one mentioned radar type here except for airomerix statement of AESA equipped Thunders but no name

Actually it is 120km, but for 1m² RCS target.
That’s quite a good range

Since LKF first came in picture, the first thing that knocked my mind was block 1 and 2 MLU and i knew this is it...

Remember in previous posts in this thread, we discussed batches of B3 fitted with different AESA ....so we might hear Grifo-E as well.....a catch

Remember in previous posts in this thread, we discussed batches of B3 fitted with different AESA ....so we might hear Grifo-E as well.....a catch
I wouldn’t disagree on this one, Grifo will allow our diverse variety of AAMs on thunders, those used on F-16s such as AIM-120

I think there was some article or interview as well on a highly reputed defense magazine that PAF intends to introduce a western specialized variant of Block 3 focusing on western avionics including turkish

Last edited:
I wouldn’t disagree on this one, Grifo will allow our diverse variety of AAMs on thunders, those used on F-16s such as AIM-120

I think there was some article out interview as well on a highly reported defense magazine that PAF intends to introduce a western specialized variant of Block 3 focusing on western avionics including turkish
Believe me... If this is really gonna happen..... B3 will be the most fearsome machine in the region.... Enemy could not get clue which B3.... it is dealing with..... B3 with western claws or Chinese

Believe me... If this is really gonna happen..... B3 will be the most fearsome machine in the region.... Enemy could not get clue which B3.... it is dealing with..... B3 with western claws or Chinese
That should happen, dushmanon ke paon talay zameen nikal jaegi janab

I think there was some article out interview as well on a highly reported defense magazine that PAF intends to introduce a western specialized variant of Block 3 focusing on western avionics including turkish
Friends:

This is your bird; that is the huge advantage, there will be mix/matches and trials; that is why there are test bed 'boxes' to try various POCs.

I think there was some article or interview as well on a highly reputed defense magazine that PAF intends to introduce a western specialized variant of Block 3 focusing on western avionics including turkish
I can’t seem to remember where i Read it or is it just my fantasy, as we all have made 1000s of theories.

However, something like that is very much possible, and that should happen.

I can’t seem to remember where i Read it or is it just my fantasy, as we all have made 1000s of theories.

However, something like that is very much possible, and that should happen.

Hi,

A test aircraft must be produced with all western avionics and then tested against the chinese package---

Like the car radiator, engine is cooled by the water and water is cooled either by te airflow or by the onboard Aircon/water chilling unit

The author says that the antenna of KLJ7A is liquid cooled and this liquid cooling system is cooled by air.
Anyone knows what he is talking about and whether there is accuracy in his statements. It isinteresting times ahead for the JFT though.
A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom