What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

@شاھین میزایل bro check the flaps of both jets.. First one is taking off without deploying flaps... 2nd is landing with deploying its flaps
It's not like that.
Second one is still in "rotation" phase where the plane is pointing nose upward. Then all surfaces are straightened for minimum resistance and gaining speed

super cruise will cost u almost as much as the price tag of JF-17!
Super cruise is just additional thrust, nothing else.
If engine is powerful enough to do things without afterburner , it's called super cruise

Yes this is take off not landing.
Compare this to a passenger jet takeoff wings .

View attachment 598791

JF does not have that many control surfaces on wings as a large passenger jet!
Just ailerons and flaps! No multiple flaps and air breaks on wing!

If engine is powerful enough to do things without afterburner , it's called super cruise

You make it sound so easy and simple! Which 4 or 4.5 gen plane with higher thrust to weight ratio has this super cruise technology? You are dreaming too much.

JF does not have that many control surfaces on wings as a large passenger jet!
Just ailerons and flaps! No multiple flaps and air breaks on wing!

You make it sound so easy and simple! Which 4 or 4.5 gen plane with higher thrust to weight ratio has this super cruise technology? You are dreaming too much.
Typhoon with and without after burner take off. The later is called Super cruise.

Typhoon with and without after burner take off. The later is called Super cruise.

Typhoon is a 100+ million dollar plane with twin engine with a price tag of 16 million dollars that has higher thrust to weight ratio then JF! China has yet to master super cruise technology for its 5th gen plane and here we are discussing JF-17 with super cruise! WHY ARE WE EVEN DISCUSSING THIS NONSENSE!
Btw did you miss the point that JF is not deploying flaps on take off and is on landing only!

I have seen passenger jets take off with flaps down ... I actually asked an airhostess about it as I too thought it was wrong .. but obviously she did not know and it was not wrong as I m still alive

But then it may not b due to super cruise as passenger aircraft don't supercruise

View attachment 598801 View attachment 598802

Compared to the building with red banner the plane is facing opposite ways on take off and landing.
That's why my stance that the plane was taking off without afterburner and that's super cruise

It's just taxiing back, bud. It's like a victory lap, pretty usual.

It's not like that.
Second one is still in "rotation" phase where the plane is pointing nose upward. Then all surfaces are straightened for minimum resistance and gaining speed

It would be pretty stupid to retract flaps right after rotation. Completely defeats the purpose of extending the flaps in the first place. Could you present a single video of the JF-17 taking off while applying flaps?

No, not at all. "Super Cruise" is the ability to cruise at super sonic speeds without the application of afterburners.

Yes this is take off not landing.
Compare this to a passenger jet takeoff wings .

View attachment 598791

I have seen passenger jets take off with flaps down ... I actually asked an airhostess about it as I too thought it was wrong .. but obviously she did not know and it was not wrong as I m still alive

But then it may not b due to super cruise as passenger aircraft don't supercruise

Airliners have horrible TWR. Hence the need for flaps to generate more lift and in turn a higher climb rate at take off.

BTW, even airliners don't extend flaps to their max at take off. Compare the below picture to the one above. In both of them the flaps are lowered to their maximum extent.

s8zmZw8P6MuZMosjLgnLpNfGmUsHii3q60azbp46G58.jpg

1578087305116-jpg.598785

That nozzle position does not just indicate that there is no afterburner being applied but that the thrust being applied is low. Below is the aircraft cruising without afterburners. Look at the nozzle position.

2c3d47438acc7aee581f6cd05606c052.jpg

Why must we go for the most fanciful yet most ridiculous conclusions every single time? When the answer is smacking us in the face as hard as it can? The engine is pretty much at idle, there is no "glow" inside the nozzle what so ever, looks exactly the same as it has appeared in every picture of the JF-17 while landing. What do we conclude from it? That it must have super cruise now......

Anyway, we'll get the video soon.

Last edited:
View attachment 598801 View attachment 598802

Compared to the building with red banner the plane is facing opposite ways on take off and landing.
That's why my stance that the plane was taking off without afterburner and that's super cruise

Both pictures are of landing.Look at runway threshold lines,jet has barely crossed them thus its a landing.

In the lower picture,jet is not on the runway rather is taxing on taxi way.

It's just taxiing back, bud. It's like a victory lap, pretty usual.

It would be pretty stupid to retract flaps right after rotation. Completely defeats the purpose of extending the flaps in the first place. Could you present a single video of the JF-17 taking off while applying flaps?

No, not at all. "Super Cruise" is the ability to cruise at super sonic speeds without the application of afterburners.

Airliners have horrible TWR. Hence the need for flaps to generate more lift and hence a higher climb rate at take off.

BTW, even airliners don't extend flaps to their max at take off. Compare the below picture to the one above. In both of them the flaps are lowered to their maximum extent.

s8zmZw8P6MuZMosjLgnLpNfGmUsHii3q60azbp46G58.jpg

1578087305116-jpg.598785

Why must everyone here go for the most fanciful yet most ridiculous conclusions every single time? When the answer is smacking you in the face as hard as it can? The engine is pretty much at idle, there is no "glow" inside the nozzle what so ever, looks exactly the same as it has appeared in every picture of the JF-17 while landing. What do you conclude from it? That it must have super cruise now. Bravo.....

I will be very cross with CATIC marketing team if they sent us two pictures of landing , with the plane in different positions.
I will be so cross that I will say racist things.
Just awaiting confirmation...
Nee poo hao.

I will be very cross with CATIC marketing team if they sent us two pictures of landing , with the plane in different positions.
I will be so cross that I will say racist things.
Just awaiting confirmation...
Nee poo hao.
:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

What has pic landing and take off got to do with marketing ?

Bro, don’t go so deep. Some things are simple as stick.

Rest if you want to disagree, you are all free to !!

Kab :-):-):(

Why do u think so
Is the engine so expensive

Only F-22 has mastered super cruise where it does not require afterburner to reach super sonic speed.
Where as F-35 EF and even Rafael still require after burner to reach mach speed and then cruise at the super sonic speed. Those engines are very very expensive close to 10 million dollars!
Their is NO way JF-17 which is a mere 4th gen fighter can not afford to have such expensive technology. China is currently working on J-20 engine to master super cruise

Back
Top Bottom