What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

So what wrong about it please tell me

Someone in fact many ask me about the aero design is best so far... explain what aerodynamic flaws... now my question is... if the Vstab 90 is fine, what was the purpose of giving degree incline? what is the difference?

Now tell me what do you think about vertical stab? which one is good in terms of Aerodynamic?

View attachment 596469 View attachment 596470
I agree that these errors in product finish mustn't be there but it's clear that you are only referring to the terms 'design' and 'build quality' from a layman's perspective and not how they're understood in manufacturing.

Again, how are you analyzing aerodynamic paraneters with your naked eye? What is CFD analysis for? What is a wind tunnel for? The final design of the product is always optimized by the engineers and aerodynamic drag is just one of the factors in deciding the final design.

Hi,

It is a little too late for you to complain now---. You should have started 15 years ago with the intensity that you are showing today---.

You always start by following the latest trends... it's a basic of any business... you can't start with old fashion.... you actually lose the game from the beginning.... and def is an extremely competitive market... the one who buys they will stay with the vendor for the next 2 decades... no one takes a risk!

Stop Bitching. JF 17 also delivered payload along with delta wing. F-16 were used to shot down because ut has better BVR AAM with brtter range. When Jf 17 will be equipped with better AAM than as compared to AAMRAM it will take this role from F16.

Now stop bitching and cool down dickhea*.
So you're saying PAF doesn't know which aircraft they were used but DG ISPR who actually not even in the AF TT or planing knows which aircraft were used? oh comeon! PAF MUSEUM Op Swift details and the MONUMENT is AUTHENTIC. Developed & built by PAF...

I agree that these errors in product finish mustn't be there but it's clear that you are only referring to the terms 'design' and 'build quality' from a layman's perspective and not how they're understood in manufacturing.

Again, how are you analyzing aerodynamic paraneters with your naked eye? What is CFD analysis for? What is a wind tunnel for? The final design of the product is always optimized by the engineers and aerodynamic drag is just one of the factors in deciding the final design.

Popular saying... if you want to guage your economy, go and buy yourself... you don't need statistics to know-how about the GDP ... mainly stats based on MACRO not micro which is 80% of your actual economy.... simply... aerodynamic engineering is a broad spectrum of things.. a broad term... in fact a vogue... there are hundred thousand things evolve around. Simply, if the Vstab 90 was fine, what was the purpose of changing the stabilizer @ JFB ? again the BLK 3 has to have a straight stabilizer... it's not "AESTHETICS" that's what I was trying to tell. Its a poorly design aircraft hope you get my point now... if the tunnel test was fine with BLK 1 and BLK II why you have changed the design of VS of Version B? and if you have changed the design because of different tunnel tests or reasons, again why you put the BLK III stabilizer design with the old one?

Again I don't know why they did that, what was the results of tests and all. I must say .... you know that... what I am gonna say....

Last edited:
Stop Bitching. JF 17 also delivered payload along with delta wing. F-16 were used to shot down because ut has better BVR AAM with brtter range. When Jf 17 will be equipped with better AAM than as compared to AAMRAM it will take this role from F16.

Now stop bitching and cool down dickhea*.

You have too much spare time to waste ;) update your ignore list and move on

Cheer

LOL thats what you guys are trying .... convincing that the shit is better than any aircraft whether in terms of avionics to aesthetics to design to whatever. Now suddenly you did U-turn and says we are not comparing JF17 with RAfale EF or any other .... lol

I am not convincing anyone... I have my own perspective and which is simply, the aircraft is not competing @ int mrkt.. it just serve our needs... though I am not underestimating, but it seems too hard to sell cuz of many reasons which I've already mentioned... I am an expert in the design stuff again agreed with @Alpha ... more into the aesthetic side but again... I am sharing my exp what I've heard from different pilots including our... who have expertise in this field. You can't convince me nor I can to anyone...
JF 17 is not going to be pitched in front of those who can easily afford better western alternatives. They will definitely see a hundred issues with this aircraft.

But at the end of the day, out of the 200 odd countries on this planet, many are going to face the finanicial/political hurdles that will stop them from procuring top notch western aircraft. For then JFT will always remain an option on the table. Rest will depend on marketing. But no matter how good your marketing is, some countries will never like the Jeff..simply because they can afford/afford to wait for better alternatives.

LOL thats what you guys are trying .... convincing that the shit is better than any aircraft whether in terms of avionics to aesthetics to design to whatever. Now suddenly you did U-turn and says we are not comparing JF17 with RAfale EF or any other .... lol

I am not convincing anyone... I have my own perspective and which is simply, the aircraft is not competing @ int mrkt.. it just serve our needs... though I am not underestimating, but it seems too hard to sell cuz of many reasons which I've already mentioned... I am an expert in the design stuff again agreed with @Alpha ... more into the aesthetic side but again... I am sharing my exp what I've heard from different pilots including our... who have expertise in this field. You can't convince me nor I can to anyone...
oh sir why do you get too emotional, its not competing any of these for sure you comparing wrong category with wrong category, i am not overestimating block-3 you're expecting lot from block-3 most of senior and professional are already told us since from years that block-3 would be avionics/AESA upgrades with minimal structural changes in air frame, JF-17 and even block-3 will not be bayedby those countries with full of finance and options like Middle east option will be limited, block 3 will have better prospect in east asian/Cnetral Asian/African and may be some South/Middle America for export

We have a few places where we can verify whether the aircraft really involved in the leading role or not. Involved doesn't mean that the aircraft was not taking part. I am sure IL78, AWACS, and many other aircraft were involved, the point is who was on the lead role? ... now at the moment, we've options to verify the first one is the monument, no name of JF17 thr mainly which aircraft shot down the enemy migs and the second is your PAF museum where you have full details about operation Op swift... now what source you have?

View attachment 596463 View attachment 596464 View attachment 596465 View attachment 596466

justifications are irrelevant, PAF not sure whether the aircraft really capable to handle the situation or not, the entire skies were full of F16s + Delta @ lead role and JF17s @ second third tier....

When you don't have faith on your machine, you miserably FAILED in your claim which you did with specific intend (mainly to sell your product which is not compatible or capable whatsoever the reason in the int market). Later you changed your story and published the REAL one in which no name of JF17. Accept the fact!

Can we please stay on topic - which is the Block 3 - and leave out again this BS?

I have already mentioned. Have you seen the two-seater? too bulky seems pregnant ... definitely put a negative impact on maneuverability. About the plane has now a decade and half, the design phase is not in your hand. You can just modify and integrated avionics. Design is all in the hands of Chinese. For them, JF17 is for Pakistan though they had initially developed that aircraft for themselves. More like a testing proto aircraft for the Chinese to get more knowledge and understanding about the aero industry China developed the FC1 based on the design for the MiG-33, which was rejected by the Soviet AF...

Compare the aerodynamic of the aircraft with any modern fighter jet. You can easily get an idea of what I am actually referring to.. compare this with Rafale, F18E, Typhoon, even with the F16....

I am not saying its not flyable thingy.... seems extremely unbalance aircraft...

Just letting everyone know, @Stealth is a designer with a very good sense of aesthetics and balance. His disapproval towards JF-17 may be coming from it being visually bulky and displeasing.

Someone in fact many ask me about the aero design is best so far... explain what aerodynamic flaws... now my question is... if the Vstab 90 is fine, what was the purpose of giving degree incline? what is the difference?
JF-17 is not stealth jet to have 2 inclined V stab, swept back V stab on B is tried to compensate weight and occupied space in B

so the story ends here that block 3 having frame very similar to Block 2 the changes incorporated with JF-17 B are not visible in Block 3... i was hoping that they will make changes in its looks because lots of pictures were floating on internet, so they took years to modify the cockpit ...... man dont know why i am feeling disappointed even though i was aware that frame will be similar but that much similar .. i was not expecting ...

JF-17B-JF-17bl2.jpg

49286537467_cb655f4a2a_k.jpg
You were not expecting Air Frame similar all those disappointed people wanted F 35 kind of thing to come out. Addition of HMD and AESA and integration of PL 15 and one or two more hardpoints are real changes which were required and have been done

JF-17 is not stealth jet to have 2 inclined V stab, swept back V stab on B is tried to compensate weight and occupied space in B

Please do check F18, F16 A/B and let me know are you sure about the logic which you’ve provided?

You were not expecting Air Frame similar all those disappointed people wanted F 35 kind of thing to come out. Addition of HMD and AESA and integration of PL 15 and one or two more hardpoints are real changes which were required and have been done
So far there's no credible news of HMD integration

Back
Top Bottom