What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I have already mentioned one of the flaws. Have you seen the two-seater? too bulky seems pregnant ... definitely put a negative impact on maneuverability. About the plane has now a decade and half, the design phase is not in your hand. You can just modify and integrated avionics. Design is all in the hands of Chinese. For them, JF17 is for Pakistan though they had initially developed that aircraft for themselves. More like a testing proto aircraft for the Chinese to get more knowledge and understanding about the aero industry China developed the FC1 based on the design for the MiG-33, which was rejected by the Soviet AF...

Compare the aerodynamic of the aircraft with any modern fighter jet. You can easily get an idea of what I am actually referring to.. compare this with Rafale, F18E, Typhoon, even with the F16....
This is your design flaw? It LOOKS pregnant? Seriously dude ... have some self-respect. Have you seen an A-6 Intruder? How long did it serve in the US for? Oh just a mere 34+ years!
PS, what is exactly flawed about the design, technically that is? (Having the Chinese design it is not a flaw).

Have you compared its aerodynamics to those aircraft you mentioned? How did you go about it? Did you build a model to test it in a wind tunnel?

I expected about this much from the Block 3. The only disappointment would be if it lacks HMD/S, a key feature planned since 2015. That said, seeing how the maiden flight is without a radar, it seems the integration and testing work is only beginning now. So, it might be a while before we see a 'fully matured' Block-3. In other words, operationally, the Block-3 may not matter until 2021/2022. @Falcon26 @Deino

IMO the aesthetic differences may be more related to the nose and front fuselage sharing the same colour than anything else. If the PAF opts for the same shade of grey for the nose and fuselage, it'll look different than what it is now.

Hi,

You are correct in your assessment---. Specially when there are rumors flying around that some of the BLK2 aircraft are flying with AESA---.

If we had to wait and see the JF17 to mature in the BLK2 to mature---we can now wait another year or two for the BLK3---.

From Huitong:-

Screenshot (1562).png

Cant wait for PL15 testing on block 3, Then FOB basis in kashmir will be useless with planes flying at 40k feet within Pakistani territory .. this will creat buffer zone over indian held kashmir if pakistani troops are making a thrust into liberation of IoK

This makes me think the PAF Can start working on a PL-15 derived High Speed Anti-Radiation missile to take out S-400 radars. Create a buffer on the ground as well as in the air.

I have already mentioned. Have you seen the two-seater? too bulky seems pregnant ... definitely put a negative impact on maneuverability. About the plane has now a decade and half, the design phase is not in your hand. You can just modify and integrated avionics. Design is all in the hands of Chinese. For them, JF17 is for Pakistan though they had initially developed that aircraft for themselves. More like a testing proto aircraft for the Chinese to get more knowledge and understanding about the aero industry China developed the FC1 based on the design for the MiG-33, which was rejected by the Soviet AF...

Compare the aerodynamic of the aircraft with any modern fighter jet. You can easily get an idea of what I am actually referring to.. compare this with Rafale, F18E, Typhoon, even with the F16....

I am not saying its not flyable thingy.... seems extremely unbalance aircraft...

This,

This chunky baby can do all that---that those thin waif and sleek aircraft can do---yeah---.

See---the time for all those excuses is long gone---this is what is ours and this is what we have to live with and operate---.

Now---it may look chunky from the sides---but that does not reflect from the front---what if its frontal profile rcs is way lower than the F16---how about at low altitude it can really disappear in the ground clutter---there is a reason for those side intakes rather than the F16 type under belly intake---.

Just remember what the american would say about our nucs before we exploded them---and how we would deliver them---.

A common joke amongst the americans was---would you put it on a donkey---or would you put in on a camel---. Or you have nucs---you sure you don't fart loud---and guess what happened to their sarcasm---got a shutup call---what was it---in 1998---????

Last edited:
This makes me think the PAF Can start working on a PL-15 derived High Speed Anti-Radiation missile to take out S-400 radars. Create a buffer on the ground as well as in the air.
We already have LD-10 for block-2 a anti radiation missiles based on SD-10 but with range of PL-15 200+km lets assume LD-15 with AESA range of 170 km if assume that block-3 will have KLJ-7A so how can we guides these projected LD-15 to target with these limited range AESA???

We already have LD-10 for block-2 a anti radiation missiles based on SD-10 but with range of PL-15 200+km lets assume LD-15 with AESA range of 170 km if assume that block-3 will have KLJ-7A so how can we guides these projected LD-15 to target with these limited range AESA???
AWACS with ESM, E/O satellites, human intelligence, and probably other options I’m probably not aware of.

AWACS with ESM, E/O satellites, human intelligence, and probably other options I’m probably not aware of.
E/O satellite how its possible, AWACS most probable, human intelligence least probability, and may be third party guideness, like Soviet/Russian philosophy of firing long range anti ship cruise missiles from subsurface and guided by maritime aircraft like TU-42

An anti-radiation missile home in on target guided by enemy's radar emission, thus the one doing the initial guiding of the missile is the enemy's radar waves radiation, you can practically switch off your AESA and still acquire a lock on.

This,

This chunky baby can do all that---that those thin waif and sleek aircraft can do---yeah---.

See---the time for all those excuses is long gone---this is what is ours and this is what we have to live with and operate---.

Now---it may look chunky from the sides---but that does not reflect from the front---what if its frontal profile rcs is way lower than the F16---how about at low altitude it can really disappear in the ground clutter---there is a reason for those side intakes rather than the F16 type under belly intake---.

Just remember what the american would say about our nucs before we exploded them---and how we would deliver them---.

A common joke amongst the americans was---would you put it on a donkey---or would you put in on a camel---. Or you have nucs---you sure you don't fart loud---and guess what happened to their sarcasm---got a shutup call---what was it---in 1998---????

If the aircraft is soo competent, why not PAF put them on a lead role @ 27 feb hollywood scenario? the aircraft not even in the scene.... though Delta + F16s did the job... lol you don't want to take a risk with the machine you're not sure about ..

== replacement only and always fill the gape of replacement spot ==
you can't put them on a lead role... we will see... the time is not far away when we gonna H2H with IAF again...

If the aircraft is soo competent, why not PAF put them on a lead role @ 27 feb hollywood scene? the aircraft not even in the scene.... though Delta + F16s did the job... lol
well, all the reports suggest that it was put on front role including ordinance delivery and fighter sweep
it didnt shot something down is different story..do you have a different report than what we all read?

well, all the reports suggest that it was put on front role including ordinance delivery and fighter sweep
it didnt shot something down is different story..do you have a different report than what we all read?

We have a few places where we can verify whether the aircraft really involved in the leading role or not. Involved doesn't mean that the aircraft was not taking part. I am sure IL78, AWACS, and many other aircraft were involved, the point is who was on the lead role? ... now at the moment, we've options to verify the first one is the monument, no name of JF17 thr mainly which aircraft shot down the enemy migs and the second is your PAF museum where you have full details about operation Op swift... now what source you have?

75653354_10157189401507663_8729370451861569536_n.png
74674409_10157189400777663_291495491894509568_n.png
70214637_2334112770021135_3592067551225446400_o.jpg
70665301_2334112923354453_4781374326546890752_o.jpg

justifications are irrelevant, PAF not sure whether the aircraft really capable to handle the situation or not, the entire skies were full of F16s + Delta @ lead role and JF17s @ second third tier....

When you don't have faith on your machine, you miserably FAILED in your claim which you did with specific intend (mainly to sell your product which is not compatible or capable whatsoever the reason in the int market). Later you changed your story and published the REAL one in which no name of JF17. Accept the fact!

Last edited:
Hi,

From where you got the idea that Turkey is more advanced than us in aircraft building---your information is incorrect---.

One would be a fool to build an aircraft 4 or 5th gen by themselves---..

When I talk about building one---it is by default I am including our partner china as the lead partner---all nations who are looking to build a 5th gen aircraft---have partners.

We assisted & learned in the inital stages---but later we became partners in the build---. We are out of that frame and engine overhaul stage---.
What is the key contribution of Pak in building JFT? We all say it's 58% Pak.
But are the core operations we are able/unable to perform in the process?

Back
Top Bottom