What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Well the Block-lll Thunders news is awesome, ma-sha-Allah. Pakistan Air Force did well to stick to its guns and focus on Thunder program, praise be to Allah Subhanaho Wata'aalah. I would hope that Pakistan Air Force extends Block-lll Thunder's production run than initially planned. Of course that all depends on Pakistan's economic performance, and the over all success of CPEC, and it's benefit to Pakistan's economy. And if Thunders attract purchases from other countries, than it would be worth while to explore the feasibility of setting up another production facility in a different part of Pakistan.

Some insider news,

The JF-17 Block-3 is set to make a flight in August 2019 possibly on Pakistan independence Day.
The J-10C is without a doubt a very hi-tech platform and was the highlight of the exercise. But what is more intriguing is the fact that the Chinese had brought a PL-10 on the J-10C as well. Among the most lethal AAM of its class and if mated with the helmet on Block-3 JF it will wreak havoc . The folks also checked out its Eletro-Optical and IR sensor which again is being considered to be incorporated in Block-3. If both these add-ons are incorporated in Block-3 then any enemy edge is significantly blunted.
Block-3 will play a major role in a deal with Jordan and other Arab countries are waiting anxiously.
PAA is acquiring 60 ATAK gunships in two batches of 30.

[emoji1137]???
Unless China /pak want to gift they just dependent upon US aid ;) unless someone else is footing the bill ??

These two three or max four fighter sqn air forces like Jordan, Nigeria, Bangladesh etc
Will buy 10 to max full sqn 14-16

Egypt, Malaysia , Indonesia may be few sqn at a time

Not sure but [emoji1175] follow on order was also in news replacing a5 and all f-7 which equates to a few sqn total

Last edited:
[emoji1137]???
Unless China /pak want to gift they just dependent upon US aid ;) unless someone else is footing the bill ??

These two three or max four fighter sqn air forces like Jordan, Nigeria, Bangladesh etc
Will buy 10 to max full sqn 14-16

Egypt, Malaysia , Indonesia may be few sqn at a time

Not sure but [emoji1175] follow on order was also in news replacing a5 and all f-7 which equates to a few sqn total
KSA/UAE most likely!

Candidate for the HMDS of blk 3...

J-20_HMD1.jpg

The guy who released Twin seater pics in Kamra and told us that Block-3 will initially be a twin seater. Also said PAF was looking for French HMD. He was certain PAF wil get french HMD. Any update on this ?

Some insider news,

The JF-17 Block-3 is set to make a flight in August 2019 possibly on Pakistan independence Day.
The J-10C is without a doubt a very hi-tech platform and was the highlight of the exercise. But what is more intriguing is the fact that the Chinese had brought a PL-10 on the J-10C as well. Among the most lethal AAM of its class and if mated with the helmet on Block-3 JF it will wreak havoc . The folks also checked out its Eletro-Optical and IR sensor which again is being considered to be incorporated in Block-3. If both these add-ons are incorporated in Block-3 then any enemy edge is significantly blunted.
Block-3 will play a major role in a deal with Jordan and other Arab countries are waiting anxiously.
PAA is acquiring 60 ATAK gunships in two batches of 30.
Mashallah . Moving towards another milestone

Thry said block 1 will never happen tjen the repeated the same for block 2 a d now you are negative on block 3. People never learn

No, I don't have doubt on block 3 at all. I have doubt over below mentioned part. I don't think that China will give us it's most advanced techs in the form of block 3 package until unless it advances to next level for their personal use.

"Among the most lethal AAM of its class and if mated with the helmet on Block-3 JF it will wreak havoc . The folks also checked out its Eletro-Optical and IR sensor which again is being considered to be incorporated in Block-3."

I have doubt over below mentioned part. I don't think that China will give us it's most advanced techs in the form of block 3 package until unless it advances to next level for their personal use.

"Among the most lethal AAM of its class and if mated with the helmet on Block-3 JF it will wreak havoc . The folks also checked out its Eletro-Optical and IR sensor which again is being considered to be incorporated in Block-3."
In fact, China is willing to, but the big issue is whether Pakistan can afford the price.

China doesn't always sell low-cost productions.

Hi,

That recipe is for those living in pakistan---because they are mal-nourished---.

Secondly---I live in california---the 'almond' capitol of the world---. I have buckets full of almonds still in their skin delivered to my house---. If I have a bucket of almonds---maybe I will post a picture later---.
Im also from Cali...I used to eat almonds and substitute almond milk as opposed to regular milk for things like cereal. Then I read a few research papers about how the pesticides used on almonds is one of the factors killing off honey bees. Additionally growing almonds requires a lot of water...
...so keeping in mind all those things, I have stopped purchase/consumption of almonds and almond products. I recommend u should too.

Last edited:
In fact, China is willing to, but the big issue is whether Pakistan can afford the price.

China doesn't always sell low-cost productions.
Yes I agree, that's why I am in doubt china will not offer every weapon to Pakistan easily.

No, I don't have doubt on block 3 at all. I have doubt over below mentioned part. I don't think that China will give us it's most advanced techs in the form of block 3 package until unless it advances to next level for their personal use.

Its not about giving us tech. Its about incorporating it into a package forming a lethal machine that will sell and make money. China's enemy in this region is india and we are the biggest pain foe india so its in China's interest to ensure that its western intersts are covered.

I doubt the Chinese brought one of their J-10C armed with PL-10 just for a photo shoot.
If PL-10 and HMDS is to be incorporated in JF-17 BLK 3 then I think you are right otherwise there is not a significant reason to purchase J-10C at this time of hour given PAF procurement policy.

juice.png

You see this is how PAF use a fighter jet so for now J-10 is too late given PL-10, HMDS and AESA is incorporated in JF-17 BLK3

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom