What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Hi,

That recipe is for those living in pakistan---because they are mal-nourished---.

Secondly---I live in california---the 'almond' capitol of the world---. I have buckets full of almonds still in their skin delivered to my house---. If I have a bucket of almonds---maybe I will post a picture later---.

But those almonds are of no use to you or they are not affecting as they should, since human age is also a factor.
And by the way Sohail aman was Air chief of PAkistan Air force.

But those almonds are of no use to you or they are not affecting as they should, since human age is also a factor.
And by the way Sohail aman was Air chief of PAkistan Air force.

Hi,

Almonds are a myth in pakistan---because of poor diet. Otherwise an average american living in the US does not need to eat almonds for any health reasons---

Too early to speculate on this but as the source said, Block-3 will significantly neutralise any edge our enemy may have in the future.
And the Arab countries are very keen on it.
The Arab countries want a twin-seater. They are more keen for that. I am currently at No.26 squadron.

Hi,

That recipe is for those living in pakistan---because they are mal-nourished---.

Secondly---I live in california---the 'almond' capitol of the world---. I have buckets full of almonds still in their skin delivered to my house---. If I have a bucket of almonds---maybe I will post a picture later---.
Start stocking up water.

Hi,

Almonds are a myth in pakistan---because of poor diet. Otherwise an average american living in the US does not need to eat almonds for any health reasons---
I do not want to derail this thread with useless posts, you please carry on.

Some more info on the Block-3 and the designated weapons and electronic package.
Personally all this is alien stuff to me but perhaps @Oscar can shed some light on it.

''Its almost unfair to compare Block-3 with the first two Blocks. Its pretty much like comparing a old non-MLU Block-15 with Block-52...simply no comparison! Also, Block-3 is featuring military-grade strength construction with newer composite materials further reducing the weight, increasing the airframe life of the JF and reducing its RCS from some angles too. The AESA radar will be the real game-changer cus its pretty much a stealthy radar, very difficult to detect and jam and can effectively operate in ECM environments. But after AESA the jewel in the crown will be the mating of PL-10 with the helmet and EO/IR sensor.

The PL-10 is just like the German IRST (Infra-Red Search and Tracking)...is a short-range high off-boresight imaging, infra-red-guided missile. It features thrust-vectoring giving the weapon a 90°off-bore sight capability. Now compare that with our current F-16 fleet. The AIM-9Ms we got have a high off-boresight shooting capability of 30 degrees on either side meaning the pilots can give that 'dirty look' uptill 30 degrees. This one has 90 degrees on both sides, same as the USAF AIM-9X, meaning there's no escape as the pilot turn his head all the way to the back. Rumour is the PL-10 features a laser proximity fuse meaning it can auto self-destruct if the laser senses that the PL-10 is about to miss the target but is close enough to cause enough damage by going kaboom so it'll go off. And once mated with the HMS (Helmet Mounted Sight) it can obtain lock-on both before and after launch as well.
Tidbit of the EO/IR sensor...Pilots will be able to clearly see what aircraft is coming with what weapon load some 40-60km away and what manoeuvres are being performed...they can even turn their radars off making Block-3s detection even more difficult...passive scanning and detection at its best. So once both these add-ons are incorporated you can see why the edge of the IAF, especially the Rafales and the rest of the IAF fleet will be significantly blunted. This is the reason why this latest Shaheen-7 caused so much distress to our neighbours''.
Sort of mentioned in bits here, but the AESA destined for the block 3 in whatever form is going to be a force multiplier asset as well.

Im more interested in the version shown in Ideas which fits onto the block II to really make the fleet deadly.

The air cooled one ? Is it confirmed that block 1/2 will get their radars upgrade ?

Some more info on the Block-3 and the designated weapons and electronic package.
Personally all this is alien stuff to me but perhaps @Oscar can shed some light on it.

''Its almost unfair to compare Block-3 with the first two Blocks. Its pretty much like comparing a old non-MLU Block-15 with Block-52...simply no comparison! Also, Block-3 is featuring military-grade strength construction with newer composite materials further reducing the weight, increasing the airframe life of the JF and reducing its RCS from some angles too. The AESA radar will be the real game-changer cus its pretty much a stealthy radar, very difficult to detect and jam and can effectively operate in ECM environments. But after AESA the jewel in the crown will be the mating of PL-10 with the helmet and EO/IR sensor.

The PL-10 is just like the German IRST (Infra-Red Search and Tracking)...is a short-range high off-boresight imaging, infra-red-guided missile. It features thrust-vectoring giving the weapon a 90°off-bore sight capability. Now compare that with our current F-16 fleet. The AIM-9Ms we got have a high off-boresight shooting capability of 30 degrees on either side meaning the pilots can give that 'dirty look' uptill 30 degrees. This one has 90 degrees on both sides, same as the USAF AIM-9X, meaning there's no escape as the pilot turn his head all the way to the back. Rumour is the PL-10 features a laser proximity fuse meaning it can auto self-destruct if the laser senses that the PL-10 is about to miss the target but is close enough to cause enough damage by going kaboom so it'll go off. And once mated with the HMS (Helmet Mounted Sight) it can obtain lock-on both before and after launch as well.
Tidbit of the EO/IR sensor...Pilots will be able to clearly see what aircraft is coming with what weapon load some 40-60km away and what manoeuvres are being performed...they can even turn their radars off making Block-3s detection even more difficult...passive scanning and detection at its best. So once both these add-ons are incorporated you can see why the edge of the IAF, especially the Rafales and the rest of the IAF fleet will be significantly blunted. This is the reason why this latest Shaheen-7 caused so much distress to our neighbours''.

So, if this rumor is true, then the JF-17 will have an IRST system.

Did the source mention if the August flight will be the Block III's maiden flight or will the prototype be unveiled earlier than that?

Yes. UAE and Bahrain both asked right away if there are twin seaters.

Neither are likely candidates for JF-17 though or project AZM in the short or medium terms. Both are inducting top of the line western fighters that will serve them well into the 2050s. UAE is upgrading its Block 60s and pushing for F-35s along with the Saudis (they will both get them sooner or later), while Bahrain is buying new Block 70s and will most likely upgrade the older block 50s to the same standard. By the time AZM project in the 2040 is a mature platform for export, they will buy newer generation western fighters to pick from as well.

Sort of mentioned in bits here, but the AESA destined for the block 3 in whatever form is going to be a force multiplier asset as well.

Im more interested in the version shown in Ideas which fits onto the block II to really make the fleet deadly.
True , pairing the Retrofit aesa to block 1 and 2's after the first 2 or three attempts would become a easy affair and be done in a short time , I just hope it's done in the next 2-4 years so by the time the enemy in the east fields 36 aesa fighters we will have 100 (+ Plus block 3s)

Neither are likely candidates for JF-17 though or project AZM in the short or medium terms. Both are inducting top of the line western fighters that will serve them well into the 2050s. UAE is upgrading its Block 60s and pushing for F-35s along with the Saudis (they will both get them sooner or later), while Bahrain is buying new Block 70s and will most likely upgrade the older block 50s to the same standard. By the time AZM project in the 2040 is a mature platform for export, they will buy newer generation western fighters to pick from as well.
Likely candidates probably not. But they asked for it when they visited PAC. Bahrain is going strong with the Viper program. They've already sent pilots to Tucson to start instructor pilot upgrade courses. They possess Block 40s, not Block 50s although the avionics suite is similar to Block 50.

Back
Top Bottom