What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Thanks for replying @LeGenD can you answer some of my questions please?
Sure.

We are responsible for 58% parts of the jets.Am I right? and since it's 'JF'=joint fighter manufactured with co-operation of China so it isn't obvious that Chinese parts are used in thunder too and we also know that Russia provides engine so what parts do we import from these countries you mentioned i.e: Turkey,France,Ukraine and Sweden? the Aselpod of Turkey is to be used in block-3 as far as I know so for Block-2 would it be wrong to say that its parts came only from Pakistan,China and Russia?
58% co-production rights for the airframe; not entire aircraft. However, situation is flexible behind-the-scenes.

Yes, numerous Chinese components are used in production of JF-17 variants. JF-17 Block III will incorporate Chinese KLJ7A-V2 AESA radar system [American AN/APG-63(V2) AESA equivalent according to Western sources].

PAF does try to seek input from different developers/sources for design of certain components, and/or involve them in co-production. Two notable examples in case of Block III:

Single panel Multi-Functional display (MFD) = Swiss and Chinese input
HMD/S system = South African and Chinese input

Among strictly non-Chinese options for Block III, engine would be Russian and IRST solution would be Turkish.

Engine to be used in block-3? there are dozens of rumours about it.
Russian RD-93MA engine most likely.

which is superior? F-16 block-70 or f-16V.
BLOCK 70/72 variants are also identified as F-16V at times.

is Block-3 superior to the current f-16 block 52+ in our inventry as you said that they are slightly superior over thunder block 2s?
F-16 Block 52+ is much better than JF-17 Block II; unfair comparison per my sources. In very easy terms, F-16 Block 52+ have JHMCS, superior radar system, superior EW capabilities, superior avionics on the whole, conformal fuel tanks, sniper advanced targeting pod, superior payload capacity, and Link 16 compatibility.

JF-17 Block III is expected to level the game with F-16 Block 52+ in "important aspects." Radar system is one aspect in which Block III is expected to surpass F-16 Block 52+ per my knowledge.

Pakistani F-16 Block 52+ feature AN/APG-68(v)9 radar system: http://www.grumman.com/Capabilities/ANAPG68/Documents/APG68.pdf

Last edited:
anything better than the previous version is always good.we are doing great.we need more fighters,more drones and more attack helicopters.paf programs impressed us.they are doing great.

Well there is a thaw after the latest exercise there they had the opportunity to see J10C closely so let's keep our fingers crossed.
Indeed, I have a strong feeling this is taking priority but the only challenge lies with its chinese engine's reliability which is known to have a high failure rate unless a reciprocal original Russian al-31 engine is used. Not sure if anyone has insight into the newer J-10c engine

Indeed, I have a strong feeling this is taking priority but the only challenge lies with its chinese engine's reliability which is known to have a high failure rate unless a reciprocal original Russian al-31 engine is used. Not sure if anyone has insight into the newer J-10c engine
I heard that newer engine used in J10C is pretty good both in terms of max thrust and reliability @LKJ86 @Chinese-Dragon

I heard that newer engine used in J10C is pretty good both in terms of max thrust and reliability @LKJ86 @Chinese-Dragon
Some interesting insights to be taken with some face value.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/chinas-f-16-now-obsolete-30247

Some insider news,

The JF-17 Block-3 is set to make a flight in August 2019 possibly on Pakistan independence Day.
The J-10C is without a doubt a very hi-tech platform and was the highlight of the exercise. But what is more intriguing is the fact that the Chinese had brought a PL-10 on the J-10C as well. Among the most lethal AAM of its class and if mated with the helmet on Block-3 JF it will wreak havoc . The folks also checked out its Eletro-Optical and IR sensor which again is being considered to be incorporated in Block-3. If both these add-ons are incorporated in Block-3 then any enemy edge is significantly blunted.
Block-3 will play a major role in a deal with Jordan and other Arab countries are waiting anxiously.
PAA is acquiring 60 ATAK gunships in two batches of 30.
Looking forward to seeing what core improvements are being brought forward.

This is great news. I have some high expectations of Block-lll, but I know whatever capabilities this new block has to offer, will certainly benefit Pakistan Air Force.

bhai g badaam ki ashad zarurat hai aapko

Hi,

That recipe is for those living in pakistan---because they are mal-nourished---.

Secondly---I live in california---the 'almond' capitol of the world---. I have buckets full of almonds still in their skin delivered to my house---. If I have a bucket of almonds---maybe I will post a picture later---.

Last edited:
Hi,

That recipe is for those living in pakistan---because they are mal-nourished---.

Secondly---I live in california---the 'almond' capitol of the world---. I have buckets full of almonds still in their skin delivered to my house---. If I have a bucket of almonds---maybe I will post a picture later---.
Okay.... I'm coming to your when you get your next almond bucket... I really love almonds but I'm lazy so I buy the sweet kernels only :)

Atak 129 in 60 means ZE 10 and AH1z r out or we may get AH1z.
According to Haris PDF turkey is also upgrading our current cobra AH1 F fleet.

I can see Jf17 block 3 in the skies of Pakistan on either March or August.

The plane should be ready by now. The only issue I see is the engine one, bigger wings and slight larger frame with composite materials used is a must and definetely with AESA, HOBS, IRST. Need some new tech jammers

Sounds lethal 8-) and we all know paf and plaf are capable of this

Last edited:
I can see Jf17 block 3 in the skies of Pakistan on either March or August.

The plane should be ready by now. The only issue I see is the engine one, bigger wings and slight larger frame with composite materials used is a must and definetely with AESA, HOBS, IRST. Need some new tech jammers

Sounds lethal 8-) and we all know paf and plaf are capable of this

Lol, in March or August???
Just wait until August 2019.

Back
Top Bottom