What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Does the block-III have reduced RCS, a.k.a new airframe or will it be flying in the sake skin of block-II ?

For J-10c, how quickly can China furnish 36 units if asked? Pakistan and India may have to see a war within next couple of years. Can the delivery and training be done within due time?

Prototype will likely fly on 3rd August 2019. IRST is still not certain, but HOBS/ HMDS will be there.

J10C is indeed impressive and has had some in the PAF hierarchy rethink their plans.

J-10 now with TVC is good to have with all other 4++ gen goodies in it.

Since much of the technicalities are concealed from public, conventional comparisons are usually pointless and subject to a high degree of speculation and/or misconceptions.

PAF is aiming for 4.5th generation war-fighting capabilities with JF-17 Block III, which is the need of the hour. Biggest advantage of JF-17 - as a platform - is the flexibility in regards to type of munitions it can be made compatible with, and the type of components that can be retrofitted. However, we import numerous components from China, Turkey, France, Ukraine, Sweden and Russia for use in our hardware, and these countries fall short in comparison to what US can develop and field - conventional wisdom.

F-16 Block 70 is a big leap from F-16 Block 60 (UAE), and PAF have [eighteen] F-16 Block 52+ in its inventory which are significantly better than JF-17 Block II.

"Lockheed Martin has also integrated technologies derived from the F-22 and F-35, including the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) APG-83 radar that provides F-16s with 5th generation fighter radar capability – there is a 95 per cent software commonality with the F-35 radar and more than 70 per cent hardware commonality.

Amongst its many benefits, the AESA radar provides improved detection and tracking ranges, the ability to track 20 or more targets and the ability to conduct both air-to-air AND air-to-surface operations at the same time.

Its performance as a single-engine fighter is also unmatched – it achieves 50% better time to climb, its acceleration is 35 per cent better and it has a 50% greater air-frame life than its nearest competitors – the new F-16 Block 70 aircraft are now certified to 12,000 flight hours each, which is well beyond the original 8,000 hour lifespan.

The F-16 Block 70 has 40% greater combat air patrol time and nearly 50% greater weapons carrying capability over other single-engine fighter aircraft at a cost much lower than two-engine fighters. A range of innovative safety features are included in the F-16 including the one-of-a-kind Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System – or Auto-GCAS – which has already saved the lives of seven F-16 pilots around the world."
- James Robinson

Full read: https://amcham.bg/2018/11/21/f-16-b...ss-in-the-multi-role-fighter-jet-competition/

Technical overview in this link: https://www.stratpost.com/detailed-lockheed-martins-f-16-offer-to-india/
Thanks for replying @LeGenD can you answer some of my questions please?
#1:
We are responsible for 58% parts of the jets.Am I right? and since it's 'JF'=joint fighter manufactured with co-operation of China so it isn't obvious that Chinese parts are used in thunder too and we also know that Russia provides engine so what parts do we import from these countries you mentioned i.e: Turkey,France,Ukraine and Sweden? the Aselpod of Turkey is to be used in block-3 as far as I know so for Block-2 would it be wrong to say that its parts came only from Pakistan,China and Russia?
2nd question:
Engine to be used in block-3? there are dozens of rumours about it.
3rd question:
which is superior? F-16 block-70 or f-16V.
4rth Question?
is Block-3 superior to the current f-16 block 52+ in our inventry as you said that they are slightly superior over thunder block 2s?

For J-10c, how quickly can China furnish 36 units if asked? Pakistan and India may have to see a war within next couple of years. Can the delivery and training be done within due time?
PLAAF was once equipped with 24 new J-10Cs in a month's time (January, 2018).
20181229202059-.jpg
20181229201520-.jpg

Some insider news,

The JF-17 Block-3 is set to make a flight in August 2019 possibly on Pakistan independence Day.
The J-10C is without a doubt a very hi-tech platform and was the highlight of the exercise. But what is more intriguing is the fact that the Chinese had brought a PL-10 on the J-10C as well. Among the most lethal AAM of its class and if mated with the helmet on Block-3 JF it will wreak havoc . The folks also checked out its Eletro-Optical and IR sensor which again is being considered to be incorporated in Block-3. If both these add-ons are incorporated in Block-3 then any enemy edge is significantly blunted.
Block-3 will play a major role in a deal with Jordan and other Arab countries are waiting anxiously.
PAA is acquiring 60 ATAK gunships in two batches of 30.

by the time, our first batch of 30 T-129 is delivered Atak-2 will be ready or almost ready , isn't it better to order 30 Atak-2 ?

Thanks for replying @LeGenD can you answer some of my questions please?
#1:
We are responsible for 58% parts of the jets.Am I right? and since it's 'JF'=joint fighter manufactured with co-operation of China so it isn't obvious that Chinese parts are used in thunder too and we also know that Russia provides engine so what parts do we import from these countries you mentioned i.e: Turkey,France,Ukraine and Sweden? the Aselpod of Turkey is to be used in block-3 as far as I know so for Block-2 would it be wrong to say that its parts came only from Pakistan,China and Russia?
2nd question:
Engine to be used in block-3? there are dozens of rumours about it.
3rd question:
which is superior? F-16 block-70 or f-16V.
4rth Question?
is Block-3 superior to the current f-16 block 52+ in our inventry as you said that they are slightly superior over thunder block 2s?

1) yes we are manufacturing 58% of JF in PAC, it will improve over time ( as soon as PAC aviation city start working )
2) RD-93 , there are strong rumors about RD-93MA ( improved Version )
3) Almost same
4) Yes it will specially because of the weapon systems Block 3 will offer , PAF block 52 are good but America limited its weapons able to carry.

Some insider news,

The JF-17 Block-3 is set to make a flight in August 2019 possibly on Pakistan independence Day.
The J-10C is without a doubt a very hi-tech platform and was the highlight of the exercise. But what is more intriguing is the fact that the Chinese had brought a PL-10 on the J-10C as well. Among the most lethal AAM of its class and if mated with the helmet on Block-3 JF it will wreak havoc . The folks also checked out its Eletro-Optical and IR sensor which again is being considered to be incorporated in Block-3. If both these add-ons are incorporated in Block-3 then any enemy edge is significantly blunted.
Block-3 will play a major role in a deal with Jordan and other Arab countries are waiting anxiously.
To be clear , airforce is considering buying j10-C as well?

Some insider news,

Yes windy is almost correct.

What happened to the May 2019 estimate? Would the Block III be revealed or rolled out sooner than August?

Yes according to one source but i will confirm from others as well.

Any idea if HMDS is incorporated with the J-10C yet?

Prototype will likely fly on 3rd August 2019. IRST is still not certain, but HOBS/ HMDS will be there.

J10C is indeed impressive and has had some in the PAF hierarchy rethink their plans.

Would the JF-17 Block III be built & tested at CAC or PAC?

Last edited:
prototype or beginning of mass production in august 2019?

We haven’t even seen the mock-up of block3 and we are talking about 1st prototype flying??? If above information is correct, Chinese will show the mock-up of block 3 in the defence show next year and official news about 1st prototype will come out. I have already posted this.

My educated guess.....
Mock-up will shown by April 2019.
1st Prototype will be build by Nov 2019, 2nd, 3rd and maybe 4th (if built) may delay it even further, testing phase 2020, limited production 2021, flying testing, induction ceremony 2022.

We haven’t even seen the mock-up of block3 and we are talking about 1st prototype flying??? If above information is correct, Chinese will show the mock-up of block 3 in the defence show next year and official news about 1st prototype will come out. I have already posted this.
yes thats more realistic!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom