What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

sorry for earlier post.... PL 10's multi-element IIR seeker is capable of 90 degree plus/minus HOBS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PL-10_(ASR)

im more concerned if it can operate successfully in joint Rafael/S400 threat environment.
in my view rafale/s-400 threat environment is the only reason for its delay as initially it was being designed by considering india's front line fighter su-30mki but now when india's getting Rafael and s-400 so they are making modifications in it to remain competitive and lethal even with rafael and for s-400.

Just a simple question and that's that will JF-17 Thunder Block-3 be competitive enough to take on f-16 block-70?
this is the question which has been answered with confusion in the minds of even the experts but now that we are knowing this much information as we are coming close to the induction so what's yours and other senior's thoughts on it?
Too early to speculate on this but as the source said, Block-3 will significantly neutralise any edge our enemy may have in the future.
And the Arab countries are very keen on it.

So what happened to "Sohail Aman ko kya pata, wo tu chacha ha,, mujy pata haa ka blk III 2021-2022 sy pahly aa he nahi sakta"
thats why i asked, in august 2019 mass production will begin or prototype will fly....and BTW i was saying what that Habib guy had said abt Blk-3.....abb wo Habib b chacha nikla ha to mera kya kasur ha?

waisy pehle kisi admi sy mil lyy jo IR ka ya Strategic Studies ka student ho...wo tujhe samjhay ga k Vision, plan, strategy or tactics kya balla hoti ha, or ye apas main kitny connected hoty hain! or kisi bhi chez ko inn sab main isolation main nahi dekha ja sakta....if not then harr chez delusion he lagti ha......kyu kakay, abb b nai samaj aai....

thats why i asked, in august 2019 mass production will begin or prototype will fly....and BTW i was saying what that Habib guy had said abt Blk-3.....abb wo Habib b chacha nikla ha to mera kya kasur ha?
Oh, couldnt remember that this too was from you. Should have guessed. :)

waisy pehle kisi admi sy mil lyy jo IR ka ya Strategic Studies ka student ho...wo tujhe samjhay ga k Vision, plan, strategy or tactics kya balla hoti ha, or ye apas main kitny connected hoty hain! or kisi bhi chez ko inn sab main isolation main nahi dekha ja sakta....if not then harr chez delusion he lagti ha......kyu kakay, abb b nai samaj aai....
Ok, i will try to find someone who can guide me how meeting at ambassador level means controlling and changing laws of Tunisia or how it puts us is such a position. I am not sure if a student or international relations or strategic studies can help me with this, i may need a professor to explain to me how its a vision with a plan and not a delusion :D

Just a simple question and that's that will JF-17 Thunder Block-3 be competitive enough to take on f-16 block-70?
this is the question which has been answered with confusion in the minds of even the experts but now that we are knowing this much information as we are coming close to the induction so what's yours and other senior's thoughts on it?
Since much of the technicalities are concealed from public, conventional comparisons are usually pointless and subject to a high degree of speculation and/or misconceptions.

PAF is aiming for 4.5th generation war-fighting capabilities with JF-17 Block III, which is the need of the hour. Biggest advantage of JF-17 - as a platform - is the flexibility in regards to type of munitions it can be made compatible with, and the type of components that can be retrofitted. However, we import numerous components from China, Turkey, France, Ukraine, Sweden and Russia for use in our hardware, and these countries fall short in comparison to what US can develop and field - conventional wisdom.

F-16 Block 70/72 is a big leap from F-16 Block 60/61 (UAE), and PAF have [eighteen] F-16 Block 52+ in its inventory which are significantly better than JF-17 Block II.

"Lockheed Martin has also integrated technologies derived from the F-22 and F-35, including the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) APG-83 radar that provides F-16s with 5th generation fighter radar capability – there is a 95 per cent software commonality with the F-35 radar and more than 70 per cent hardware commonality.

Amongst its many benefits, the AESA radar provides improved detection and tracking ranges, the ability to track 20 or more targets and the ability to conduct both air-to-air AND air-to-surface operations at the same time.

Its performance as a single-engine fighter is also unmatched – it achieves 50% better time to climb, its acceleration is 35 per cent better and it has a 50% greater air-frame life than its nearest competitors – the new F-16 Block 70 aircraft are now certified to 12,000 flight hours each, which is well beyond the original 8,000 hour lifespan.

The F-16 Block 70 has 40% greater combat air patrol time and nearly 50% greater weapons carrying capability over other single-engine fighter aircraft at a cost much lower than two-engine fighters. A range of innovative safety features are included in the F-16 including the one-of-a-kind Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System – or Auto-GCAS – which has already saved the lives of seven F-16 pilots around the world."
- James Robinson

Full read: https://amcham.bg/2018/11/21/f-16-b...ss-in-the-multi-role-fighter-jet-competition/

Technical overview in this link: https://www.stratpost.com/detailed-lockheed-martins-f-16-offer-to-india/

Last edited:
Just to consider where this project stood a decade or so ago and where it stands today. It took the Americans to make us realize that dependency is not a good thing.

The Block 3 is what a lot of costumers are waiting for. A quantum leap in tech versus cost. This is probably the best bang for buck fighter in the market today.

Some insider news,

The JF-17 Block-3 is set to make a flight in August 2019 possibly on Pakistan independence Day.
The J-10C is without a doubt a very hi-tech platform and was the highlight of the exercise. But what is more intriguing is the fact that the Chinese had brought a PL-10 on the J-10C as well. Among the most lethal AAM of its class and if mated with the helmet on Block-3 JF it will wreak havoc . The folks also checked out its Eletro-Optical and IR sensor which again is being considered to be incorporated in Block-3. If both these add-ons are incorporated in Block-3 then any enemy edge is significantly blunted.
Block-3 will play a major role in a deal with Jordan and other Arab countries are waiting anxiously.
PAA is acquiring 60 ATAK gunships in two batches of 30.
Wow windy....
Bro its christmas and pakistans christians celebrate but ferls like eid today

Good but if materialize
Thry said block 1 will never happen tjen the repeated the same for block 2 a d now you are negative on block 3. People never learn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom