What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

All points considered, I doubt PAF has much to fear from S-400 we’ve seen in Syria it hasn’t preformed, and I’m sure knowing Russian weaponry Chinese most likely developed counter measures EW wise.
Hi just a thought about performing s400 in Syria as he should keep in mind whom they were firing these against I don’t think & i am positive Russian doesn’t want to end up bringing down a IAF jet to escalate or they might have not given or using the long range S400 missile
All of the S400 failures were heard from one sided story can’t confirm independently
Just a thought
Please do remember one of the IAF f16 was lost but how and with what we don’t know
Thank you

AoA. Military don't induct hardware on only Jet vs Jet and Tank vs Tank approach. Pakistan when countering Rafale will not solely or even mostly, depend on Block 3. We can Induct/Upgrade HQ-9/16/Ft2000 etc, blk2, JY-27A, F-16, PL-15. These are a few available options I can think of on top of my head that PA can pursue. I am sure others, if they want, can expand on this list. The point is PA will be looking into minimizing Rafale's footprint in a conflict, but it won't be betting everything on one type of hardware. 'Game changer' is too big an adjective to be used for Block 3, of which we dont even know the basic specifications, let alone its capabilities. I hope it will be a Game changer (inshallah), but lets not jump the gun just yet.
WAS: I agree with most aspects, but JF17 will be the key in most defensive and offensive missions. We have basic idea about tech aspects such as AESA radar, Better EW, HMD, PL15 etc. Barring any thing cooking under the radar, it is the only 4.5 gen a/c planned in near future and once inducted it will be the most technologically advanced jet in PAF, although airframe wise (range, payload etc) F16 may still be leading but the gap will be further reduced for sure. So it has the ‘game changer’ aspect - I remember these words used by senior PAF leadership about block 3 in public interviews.
The problem with S400 is that it places serious restrictions on PAFs offenses, and Rafale will be the most capable jet in the theater and its numbers are expected to grow as well. All other talks of another jet are just rumors and unconfirmed- it looks like we are trying for more F16s but don't want to spend own money for it. This shows we are not really bothered to get new F16s to counter the new threats entering the theater. Block 3 revealing is not too far now, so lets see how it unfolds. Madam @messiach would definitely know more, but may not reveal much for now.

Last edited:
Aap janab ka kiya haal hain! Aap to aasay ghair hazir kay bilkul 'out of sight out of mind'.

Hi,

The shape (side intakes DSI ) & size of the JF17 from day one---was based towards a stealthier aircraft---. Paf had known what the Gnat was capable of against sabre F86 and they had not forgotten about it---.

The grippen gave them a great start towards their goal---Paf took it and ran with it---. If Messiach wants to share others aspect of a stealthier JF17---it is upto her---. I would not indulge anymore than this---.

As long as we find some improvement in range/,internal fuel along with single pod hard point , AESA and HMD..we are good

These factors were already known. Dont want to say more but we have become a demanding child who wants his whole foot in the sino-rus cake. This was not the case in 1999 where we were desperately reeling.
So you mean the events of Feb and Rafale induction have had an impact and hence the delay?

Ok.

یار تو کون ہے اور کس باغ کی مولی ہے؟
اور کس انڈے سے نکلا ہوا چوزا ہے؟
سکول کے بچے ادھر آکر ایسے بنتے ہیں جیسے جنرل رہ چکے ہےہوں؟
اگلا بندہ کہ ریا ہے کہ اسے با خبر ذرائع نے بتایا ۔ تو پھر تو جس بنیاد پہ بڑکیں مار رہا ہے۔
یہ فورم بس اب یوم ورک سے بھاگے ہوئے تمہارے جیسے سکول کے بچوں کا ہی ہو کہ رہ گیا ہے۔ با علم اور باخبر لوگ تو اب یہاں کچھ کہ کی نہیں سکتے

These factors were already known. Dont want to say more but we have become a demanding child who wants his whole foot in the sino-rus cake. This was not the case in 1999 where we were desperately reeling.

Ok.
So it would not be wrong to say that Block 1/2 is the best we could get under dire situation - where as block 3 is in much better circumstances and will try to move jf17 to its true full potential?

Well you want to integrate subsystems eg SDSPG-FAC and their assemblies locally, you should have the fabtech backbone for development and all that takes time. Chinese no doubt want to process quickly but the recepient should be able to absorb the input. Someone @RAMPAGE asked about turboprops for C130 and chinese have offered in the past very favourable assisstance but we the recepient should be ready to take on the job.

We are in a position to counter S400. Wih MRV in hand. I am aware we developed the forkhead HI-HP ballbearings.

So it would not be wrong to say that Block 1/2 is the best we could get under dire situation - where as block 3 is in much better circumstances and will try to move jf17 to its true full potential?

Wing of blk 3B, notice differences..

upload_2019-12-8_21-13-24.png

Blk 2B wing.. check the wingtip

upload_2019-12-8_21-14-39.png

Back
Top Bottom