What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The F-16s will be the exception, always. For $4 billion US you can add 18 new Block-72 and upgrade our existing fleet to F-16V standards. That's a net-addition of 90+ fighters equipped with AESA radars.

So in that case, the PAF will probably think, "okay, let's delay Project Azm a bit" because it would have 4-5 units of high-end fighters to hold the fort down against anything the IAF throws at them. But no other import is going to get that consideration.
F-16s are good but value for money? Dependency on US sucks really. As much as i love PAF flying F-16s, I hate the bitter fact that it comes with strings attached. Like still paying so much money, and the machines are unable to deliver nukes? Infact even the old ones after upgrades have been rendered impotent if open media sources are to be believed.

Furthermore, all these toys from muricans seems like carrots at the beginning but are turned to sticks whenever we need them most! What about the already ordered AH-1Zs? and we are dreaming of F-16Vs and Blocks 70s.

A reliable dealer that provides slightly blunt swords is still better than a unreliable dealer of sharp ones but which could turn its back anytime! We live in dangerous times, we need reliability in our supply chains so our planners can plan for the unexpected in advance.

The bitter reality is, the US has defined China as its next foe and India as its partner in crime. No matter how low we bend before uncle sam, the US strategic policy doesnt allow us to have that strategic edge over India. The earlier our planners get over this fact and look things from this prism, the better! Even if we get F-16s, they would be used to blackmail us to get americas wishes fulfilled, forget about countering India. My 10 cents.

Last edited:
F-16s are good but value for money? Dependency on US sucks really. As much as i love PAF flying F-16s, I hate the bitter fact that it comes with strings attached. Like still paying so much money, and the machines are unable to deliver nukes. Infact even all old ones after upgrades have been rendered impotent.
Furthermore, all these toys from muricans seems like carrots at the beginning but are turned to sticks whenever we need them most! What about the already ordered AH-1Zs? and we are dreaming of F-16Vs and Blocks 70s.
A reliable dealer that provides slightly blunt swords is still better than a unreliable dealer of sharp ones but which could turn its back anytime! We live in dangerous times, we need reliability in our supply chains so our planners can plan the unexpected. My 10 cents.
According to sir khafee, AH-1Z coming in March/April.

This was a Q to see what peole want their fighter jet to be. I have not commented on frontal fuselage neither the inlet nor the turbine, exit nozzles, larger or smaller frame. Thats just someones wishlist. @All @Deino @Quwa

My very dear YoungPak,

You know I am non-technical and only look at our assets as Policy Instruements... so the following is going to be through that angle...

Our esteemed sister @messiach has thrown a curve ball and has actually said more in her question than we might realise... her characteristic modus operandi

Block3 entails:

1. Total new plumbing... a generational jump harnessing experience from the Chinese advancements and our technical inputs/collaborations... under the skin a new aircraft!!!
  2. Composites already given but far more intensive.. thus reducing RCS further for already small RCS giving it 'stealthiness'
  3. More load carrying capacity than Blk2
  4. Better sensor fusion and lesser load on pilots... better integeration with ground/air/space assets for better situational awareness, inbuilt ECM/EW
  5. PL15 given
  6. RAM coating given
  7. Mach 2 speed... more efficent engine as well...
  8. Better meantime for overhaul
  9. Blk3 is Larger than Blk2
On the flight of fantasy side:

1. Redesigned front end with angular front
  2. Canted vertical stablisers
  3. More feul carrying capacity hence longer rage/ station time
  4. Able to carry Ra'ad II
  5. A best in its class fighter
  6. Able to control Drones and act as Electronic Intelligence Gathering platform

I am enjoying these comments. Block evolution is in keeping with the threat perception.

You have really lightened the show here... Thank you indeed.

My guess are no change in tail except for stabilizer & mostly similar to Block-II;
As reported, a bit enlarged Inlets;
(which will effect in) LERX re modification but that too with little change;
SLATs = Yes, as you have defined for more than couple of times as well and I am interested in that regime personally to see it trolling the opponent;
Stealthy in the sense of RAM coating & electronically but one can expect little in regard to major design changes;
Frontal may see a bit of change to reduce RCS;

Or I can expect a surprise in regard to a much more aggressive yet qualitative design parameters.

Guessing like everyone else & there is no relation to official version, I say.

This was a Q to see what peole want their fighter jet to be. I have not commented on frontal fuselage neither the inlet nor the turbine, exit nozzles, larger or smaller frame. Thats just someones wishlist. @All @Deino @Quwa
And how would you theoretically rate our wishlist ? Especially the fuselage one i said earlier that relates to landing gear, OBOGS and 2 more belly HPs

Good.

It wont be stealthy although with more composite useage I dont know whether the RCS will go down further. There has been news of changes in inlet and these have been widened but would it be appreciable or not remains to be seen
I am interested in whether the chin mounted hardpoint has gone on or not? Secondly whether there is a DER for SD10As or not. Lastly and this remains my wish rather than any expectation increase in hardpoints to 10 (including chin HP) although I suspect it wont happen.
All changes will be under the skin.
A

Have you forgotten your 7Ps and Pgs and nonupgraded M3/5s? How will you replace those?
A

landing gear No.
OBOGS Implemented earlier. Think it was deferred or delayed!
HP are increasing Yes.

that relates to landing gear, OBOGS and 2 more belly HPs

Good.

landing gear No.
OBOGS Implemented earlier. Think it was deferred or delayed!
HP are increasing Yes.
That’s a treat. Can’t wait to see it in action. The final outcome of a decades long project, finally hatching out completely of the shell. Awesomeness surrounding it will prove no less than earthquake for neighbour.

Decent guessing but not yet there.

Inlets are widened but still DSI

Slats are the same as the ones in B version

Horizontal stabilizers are different

LERX received some modification

screenshot_20191113-141135-png.589119

Decent guessing but not yet there.

Not guessing. It's from someone with Intel.

Diamond nose cone :lol:

Btw, i tagged you on another general thread, needed your views as you are in the field. “Strange phenomena i witnessed today”
Nose is elliptical similar to the one on j10b/c.

So, how many of members think, it would be 'stealthy'! how many of you think inlet, LERX, slats will have noticable changes! @All who wants to take a shot.
I expect significant changes - ie I am going all in. Reason is the threat perception for PAF in next 10 years till project Azm matures. Despite Rafale and S400 purchases and other upgrades taking place in India, I don't see PAF panicked or at least visibly bothered. This shows B3 must truly be a game changer in most aspects. It may not be in a complete stealthy shape though but decent improvements in RCS reduction - but I am still hopeful for a surprise as well. My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom