What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

What if i say we have developed our own EW pods and those are being tested on thunder since three years?

I recall all block 2/2Bs were fitted with improved environment control systems right? Part of that had to do with providing cooling for LKF-601E? Interesting read...

An AVIC official says the airflow for cooling the radar comes from the aircraft’s environmental control system. This apparently obviates the need for drag-inducing ducting around the aircraft’s nose.

The radar operates in the X band and weighs 145kg. It can detect a fighter-sized target at 170km. It can track 15 targets simultaneously and engage four at the same time. It also has a surface search function. AVIC claims that it has a “strong anti-jamming capability.”

An official with the JF-17 programme said that different AESA options for the JF-17 mare being weighed, with no decisions as yet.
There may be a possibility that block 2 JF17 may only incorporate a scaled down and cheaper version of AESA than the higher performance AESA for Block 3.

Both are covered under ToT. Plates numbers dont make any difference.
An interesting few tweets:

@Dazzler the moving swash plate one requires more space in the nose.

71924982_2430280563733180_305145013925314560_n.jpg

Fantastic. About bloody time! This thing has been in the works for so long, i was starting to think it should be renamed to "Tejas JF17"... good to hear of concrete progress and completion..

Pakistan is getting late in disclosing JF-17 block 3........ decreasing the joy against India.
Till that we have to listen the benifits of Rafael fighter jets from Indian side....:(

There may be a possibility that block 2 JF17 may only incorporate a scaled down and cheaper version of AESA than the higher performance AESA for Block 3.

An interesting few tweets:

@Dazzler the moving swash plate one requires more space in the nose.

Do you know that klj-7V already does between 90-100 degree scanning either side? Blk 3 will have more nose space too.

Do you know that klj-7V already does between 90-100 degree scanning either side? Blk 3 will have more nose space too.
So more nose space would mean a slightly larger or slightly longer nose or both?
Larger nose would mean a redesigned nose and different from Jf17-B which is the same as single seat JF17.

Back
Top Bottom