What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

What if i say we have developed our own EW pods and those are being tested on thunder since three years?

I recall all block 2/2Bs were fitted with improved environment control systems right? Part of that had to do with providing cooling for LKF-601E? Interesting read...

An AVIC official says the airflow for cooling the radar comes from the aircraft’s environmental control system. This apparently obviates the need for drag-inducing ducting around the aircraft’s nose.

The radar operates in the X band and weighs 145kg. It can detect a fighter-sized target at 170km. It can track 15 targets simultaneously and engage four at the same time. It also has a surface search function. AVIC claims that it has a “strong anti-jamming capability.”

An official with the JF-17 programme said that different AESA options for the JF-17 are being weighed, with no decisions as yet.

Now this is a clear indication that PAF's search for AESA is not limited to Chinese options only.

What if i say we have developed our own EW pods and those are being tested on thunder since three years?

I recall all block 2/2Bs were fitted with improved environment control systems right? Part of that had to do with providing cooling for LKF-601E? Interesting read...

An AVIC official says the airflow for cooling the radar comes from the aircraft’s environmental control system. This apparently obviates the need for drag-inducing ducting around the aircraft’s nose.

The radar operates in the X band and weighs 145kg. It can detect a fighter-sized target at 170km. It can track 15 targets simultaneously and engage four at the same time. It also has a surface search function. AVIC claims that it has a “strong anti-jamming capability.”

An official with the JF-17 programme said that different AESA options for the JF-17 are being weighed, with no decisions as yet.

Thats encouraging development.

Now this is a clear indication that PAF's search for AESA is not limited to Chinese options only.
I told u.. First block 3 will be without AESA radar..we will have to wait for 3 more years to induct JF-17s AESA... So JF-17 is still on a same page where TEJA is right now..

No pages are different.
Its not on page , its in Lab, soon, it will come out with AESA.

But which version of the KLJ-7A? The 3 sided one or the swivel plate one?

As per the President of KLJ radar manufacturing organization, PAF has chose Swivel based KLJ A as it is much cheaper than 3 sided KLJ. It was in the news back then when unveiled 3 sided KLJ-A

New memeber here, i have been following this thread for quite a while now
Can any member tell how many harpoints will the block 3 have?

As per the President of KLJ radar manufacturing organization, PAF has chose Swivel based KLJ A as it is much cheaper than 3 sided KLJ. It was in the news back then when unveiled 3 sided KLJ-A

Both versions are being worked on as gar as i know. Its a mystery thus far.

@messiach might have more info on that.

New memeber here, i have been following this thread for quite a while now
Can any member tell how many harpoints will the block 3 have?
If there are no structural changes as said by senior member then same as before 7 HPs.

Both versions are being worked on as gar as i know. Its a mystery thus far.

@messiach might have more info on that.
According to her PAF has gone for an In house solution with assistance from both west and China to overcome integration issues of west with China.

The B version of blk 3 is same as blk 2B with some notable changes. But, the single seat may be a little different.

Think of it as the F-7PG/FT-7PG where the latter was same as FT-7P.

Typical PAF mentality.

If there are no structural changes as said by senior member then same as before 7 HPs.

According to her PAF has gone for an In house solution with assistance from both west and China to overcome integration issues of west with China.

Structural changes in term of major structure, Hp are
Considered major structural change ??

F-16 started with 9 and went to 11 in block 15 onwards

Time will tell but chin based two Hp are anticipated and required

In fact like J-10 4 on fuselage , 2x chin and 2x rear fuselage would be nice combo

Lastly I think EW on block 3 is internal and not a pod that leaves laser pod only

Finally someone mentioned the intake size has increased ?? Perhaps to cater for ??? Hp and or newer engine Rd-93MA guessing

IMG_4339.JPG

IMG_4340.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom