What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

i hate the Engine and thrust to weight ratio its RD-93MA old same engine
1- black smoke
2- service life is just 2200 hours
3- thrust is low just 85 kn
4- no cruise speed

just because of service life they have to overhal these aircraft sooner then other aircraft
1-No black smoke,after we tweaked it using our own solution.
2-RD-93 has Digital Electronic Engine Control (DEEC),MBTO of 800 hours,in 2014 efforts were underway to increase service life and MBTO,which have bore fruits.(https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...istan-outlines-jf-17-upgrade-activity-405957/)
3-Thrust of RD-93 is 94 KN.(Service life of Rd-33 is 4000,increase is thrust without any change brought life to 2200)
http://toad-design.com/migalley/index.php/jet-aircraft/mig29/mig29-rd-33/)
4-Lot of jets don't have that,if you need that a power plant with higher thrust without afterburner is needed along with huge use of composite material in airframe.

Way too optimistic, especially the top speed.
Yup it's mach 2,not needed and would require lot of rework.

We need this block 3 in large numbers and we need at least 12 jets per year.i think China has made advances in avionics sector.exampled are j-20.

Sure, bro.

images

Again, pick one instance of incompetence of operators and abuse it.

There is no such thing as master-of-all-trades in the realm of defenses on the surface. There are no magic defense systems which will deliver in every situation and against all types of threats thrown at them.

Pay close attention to revelations of this guy:

- he is in the business. Go through his tweets, you will notice many revelations.

As for Patriot not being capable of engaging UAV: https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/16/14944256/patriot-missile-shot-down-consumer-drone-us-military

Continue to believe in whatever you wish to, bro.

I tell you this; should US provide its defenses to Pakistan, WE will not only take over IOK but even blunt Indian nuclear strikes on our lands and crush Indian forces in conventional battles - same as US would.

As usual u have no idea what you are talking about ...

Those drones that hit saudi fascility did not just appear from no where...

They likely flew through Iraq (airspace under US control) through kuwiat (active USA Bases and several patriot batteries) . Plus abqaiq is less than 80 km in straight line from US naval base in bahrain..

No one saw them . Its a huge failure.... Massive and huge .. Now please stay on topic. ..

They likely flew through Iraq (airspace under US control) through kuwiat (active USA Bases and several patriot batteries) . Plus abqaiq is less than 80 km in straight line from US naval base in bahrain..

No one saw them . Its a huge failure.... Massive and huge .. Now please stay on topic. ..
its not a failure, america mahan.

You can see that thread is half of the measuring contest and gone to comparison fest than discussion on the topic in hand. Once, they have exhausted, unnecessary posts will vanish and thread will be merged. As you asked for the reason; that was expected, therefore, left it separate so that Block-III sticky thread can be saved of all those off-topic (A V/s B) discussion.

The latest variant is expected to be powered by a better engine, as compared to Klimov RD-93 turbofan engine which has been fitted in Block I & II of the aircraft.
Eurojet.

They should try to get license of RD-93, if Russia negates tell them we are going for Eurojet.

As I pointed out to the other member, pick one instance of failure and abuse it.

1. Notice the yellow line(s)? Path of the strike force towards the Abqaiq oil field.

2. Notice the field of view of the Patriot battery near Abqaiq oil field? Completely missed the strike force. Or more accurately, strike force completely bypassed it.

Iran and Yemen are studying Saudi defenses since 2015, they have surely noticed some gaps and lapses by now.

If anything, this attack will force KSA to revisit/improve its defenses further.

Now the bigger picture is that the Patriot defenses have blunted/prevented great deal of damage in KSA during the course of its war with Yemen, with over 100 intercepts/kills recorded since 2015 - far more impressive than what Russian-origin defenses have shown in Syria including the mighty S-400 system.

Last edited:
I was wondering that how come writer, despite all the claims as such, failed to hint a bit about AESA choice... I hope you understand what I mean. This write-up sets the bar too high and for instance, I thought a fan/someone from the Forum writing all that stuff. New engine, 2500 Km/h max speed & IRST made me curious, though.

No IRST in initial blk 3Bs at least, pics and videos have been shared. By the way, Mach 2 = 2469.6km so 2500 should be around M 2.1 or close? The new BVR is clearly pl-15, as we secured batches of it not too long ago. The intakes in B3 B versions are wider, but are still DSI, and the difference is marginal. Only if i had had a picture of it from the front angle.

Overall, the blk 2 and 3 single seat and dual seat will have marginal differences, not significant. Dont expect stealh shaping and diamond nose. It will likely be revealed in October or November. Flight testing of the first pt had already begun at KAMRA.

I have one confusion if anyone clarify then I shall be thankful.
Block 2 has data link and we already have AWACS then why AESA presence in Block 3 is so hyped up?
I can understand that individual jet having AESA will be helpful in reducing dependency on AWACS but what new capability AESA is going to provide, which Block 2 passive radar with AWACS on back is not providing?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom