What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Can we just spare the place without measuring contest as such?

Every nation does have some credibility to its own collars and not everyone is lagging too far behind from advanced technological giants.

Furthermore, the thread will remain separate for specific period of time and then will be merged into existing sticky thread of JF-17 Block-III updates, news & discussion.

Regards,

Hope it is not another feel good now and feel goof later article and the elusive JFT Block III soon makes its appearance as a capable force multiplier.

The production of the aircraft is already underway. The Block III is expected to carry a price tag less than half the price of the latest generation F-16 V fighter jet and features, manauveraility and speed similar to that of the US aircraft.

i think f-16 V have conformal fuel tanks, will we have it on jf-17 block III ?

We have seen Russian avionics fail against
Both the Chinese and US avionics on 27 February and afterwards. Please comment
@LeGenD @war&peace

There is a difference in export quality and also how one employs its hardware, so russians electronics are of not of lesser quality than chinese or russians but who uses it and how makes all the difference.

Per what I've read on the dedicated Thunder thread:

- AESA will come later and not with the initially produced block 3s.

- No integrated IRST.

- Not a new engine, but the intakes are being enlarged.

Now I read this. Dont know what to believe :hitwall:

We have seen Russian avionics failed against
Both the Chinese and US avionics on 27 February and afterwards. Please comment
@LeGenD @war&peace
Actually @Windjammer is a reliable source (I believe in him) but nobody is hype-proof in expressions, not even wardi wallay.

An F-16 MLU defeated an Su-30 MKI in the fight you are alluding to. Although PAF deserve credit for being professional throughout, and fought IAF with a sound strategy involving a good mix of jamming, surveillance and fighting platforms (much like USAF in the Persian Gulf War 1991). I pointed out as much in my posts although few noticed at the time.

What I see here, is some members will jump on you without any concrete knowledge of matters, due to personal biases. Nobody is trying to belittle Block III, it will be our crowning achievement in years, and WE should be proud of it. However, let us just tone down the hype meter.

Last edited:
i hate the Engine and thrust to weight ratio its RD-93MA old same engine
1- black smoke
2- service life is just 2200 hours
3- thrust is low just 85 kn
4- no cruise speed

just because of service life they have to overhal these aircraft sooner then other aircraft

The JF-17 Block III has an approximate combat radius of up to 2000 kilometers without refueling and can reach a maximum speed of up to 2500 km/h
Combat radius 2000km ????
Speed from mach 1.6 to mach 2.02???
These stats seems not realistic.

Can we just spare the place without measuring contest as such?

Every nation does have some credibility to its own collars and not everyone is lagging too far behind from advanced technological giants.

Furthermore, the thread will remain separate for specific period of time and then will be merged into existing sticky thread of JF-17 Block-III updates, news & discussion.

Regards,

Why this

It should be done right away as nothing new in it.

With all due respect of admin rights and decisions :p:

Can't wait to see the new beast. On the discussion regarding capabilities of blk3 and its comparison, I'm of the view that technologies are not superior or inferior in absolute terms. Alot depends where it's used and by whom and with what intent. Vietnam War is a classic example showing that what one might expect to be the best might not be. Though there remains to be a large difference between technology in our access to that of big boys it's still good that we are improving and that's what matters, baby steps but consistent steps.

Russia has made some of the best radars in the aerospace history. MiG 25. an old and retired interceptor, had such a powerful radar that it could saturate any counter system. In fact US copied MiG 25.
Sure, bro.

images

And we just saw how PAC failed in KSA ... it could not even detect the drones these drones were not small. Each was carrying 500 lbs of payload and travelled a distance of over 600 km.
Again, pick one instance of incompetence of operators and abuse it.

There is no such thing as master-of-all-trades in the realm of defenses on the surface. There are no magic defense systems which will deliver in every situation and against all types of threats thrown at them.

Pay close attention to revelations of this guy:

- he is in the business. Go through his tweets, you will notice many revelations.

As for Patriot not being capable of engaging UAV: https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/16/14944256/patriot-missile-shot-down-consumer-drone-us-military

Continue to believe in whatever you wish to, bro.

I tell you this; should US provide its defenses to Pakistan, WE will not only take over IOK but even blunt Indian nuclear strikes on our lands and crush Indian forces in conventional battles - same as US would.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom