What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The first dual seat blk 3 before leaving the assembly line.

screenshot_2019-09-08-13-19-22-png.578384

Just for the sake of curiosity, i photo edited a JF-17B (simple MS Paint, i know i am bad at this!). For the sake of having commonlity of Airframes in JF-17 Block III and JF-17B, I assume a single seater JF-17 Block III shouldnt look much different than this.

Going with the previously shared pics of the thicker spine of JF-17B which houses wire harnesses, can anyone tell, are the harnesses being repositioned which would mean they had freed up space somewhere else to have made space for possibly more fuel? Additionally, the second seat space freed on the the JF-17 Block III if based on JF-17B would also house fuel right? Extra fuel inside would free up our hardpoints for more ammo. Anyone on this?

upload_2019-9-15_21-39-23.png

Last edited:
I wouldn’t have info, although it would require some good power management to get the right beamforming for six engagement.

AESA makes that a lot easier but more power as well.
Are you referring to 6 simultaneous engagements?

Do you actually think it would be that hard? All that would be needed was a data link between AWACS, and drone and the ability for AWACS to guide SARH missile until ARH seeker turns on. You can probably even use very long range missile like PL-15.
what you're talking about SARHO air to air missiles (BVR) are old tech then ARH air to air missiles, you're mixing thing up ARH BVR are intended to replace SARH BVR like AMRAAM (ARH BVR) replaced AIM-7 Sparrow (SARH BVR), R-77 (ARH BVR) replaced R-27 ALAMO (SARH BVR) and guideness through AWACS is more complex than you thought but its not impossible, and do research before you post bro its a sincere advice to you @Philip the Arab

Conversion is always possible. Nothing major.

Just for the sake of curiosity, i photo edited a JF-17B (simple MS Paint, i know i am bad at this!). For the sake of having commonlity of Airframes in JF-17 Block III and JF-17B, I assume a single seater JF-17 Block III shouldnt look much different than this.

View attachment 579540

Beyond 4 BVR missiles, law of diminishing returns would kick in. JF-17 does not have the stamina for a prolonged fight. It is more of a shoot-and-scoot type, being a light weight aircraft. Its strength lies in high sortie rate.
overloading is hard wired mentality of Pakistanis
just imagine things we do to motor bikes and Sazuki vehicles
no wonder our fanboys demand carrying capacity of F-15 or SU 30 from JF-17.

Fighter jets radars can detect/track 30/40 enemy jets and then radar automatically prioritize/show 6 most dangerous targets to pilots and are talking about IFF (Identification between friend and foe system) @Philip the Arab
I'm saying that if SU-30MKI detects it is being tracked or being searched by aerial radars it will prioritize the aerial threat and lower threat of ground based radars thereby allowing SAMs to operate with less countermeasures while SU-30MKI is focused on perceived aerial threat being F-16, JF-17, etc while it is actually a cheap search radar integrated on drone.

overloading is hard wired mentality of Pakistanis
just imagine things we do to motor bikes and Sazuki vehicles
no wonder our fanboys demand carrying capacity of F-15 or SU 30 from JF-17.
I agree, IMO it just needs 4 to do great in aerial combat cause it is afterall a multirole aircraft.

Time to fast track JF-17 block III …………. And after 27th as some honorable members pointed out time to upgrade EW capabilities ..
@Mrc , 6th Gen mainly going to be bigger , better and advance UCAVs for A2A and A2G …….

You don't have to stay for prolonged periods to shoot 6 missiles. For an additional 30 seconds on the station, you could engage three targets with two missiles each and RTB, while the SU30's do their monkey dance trying unsuccessfully to dodge these missiles.

Beyond 4 BVR missiles, law of diminishing returns would kick in. JF-17 does not have the stamina for a prolonged fight. It is more of a shoot-and-scoot type, being a light weight aircraft. Its strength lies in high sortie rate.

Why just 8, when they can easily carry 16 with wings strengthened like Popey's arms?

For some reason, the PAF's JF-17s have yet to employ dual ejector racks. So, if they're indeed strengthening the wing-mounted hardpoints, we shouldn't stop at just 4 BVRAAM, it should be 6 at least (ideally 8).

*sigh*

Back
Top Bottom