What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Looks like old pic with Chinese and Pakistani tech working in the initial day guessing

No single seat blk 3 is in production as of now.

JF-17 Block 3 definitely needs at least 4 BVRAAM missiles if not more. 4 planes networked with AWACS could in theory be a unstoppable A2A group.

JF-17 Block 3 definitely needs at least 4 BVRAAM missiles if not more. 4 planes networked with AWACS could in theory be a unstoppable A2A group.
The prospective radar for Block-III is capable of attacking 4 targets with BVR missiles. That leads me to believe that Block-III is capable of carrying 4 BVR missiles. Otherwise, there is no need to fit this radar onto JF-17 Block-III aircraft.

I think he is not pleased with DSt (Dual Seat) & SSt (Single Seat) being similar to previous blocks.

The prospective radar for Block-III is capable of attacking 4 targets with BVR missiles. That leads me to believe that Block-III is capable of carrying 4 BVR missiles. Otherwise, there is no need to fit this radar onto JF-17 Block-III aircraft.

I think he is not pleased with DSt (Dual Seat) & SSt (Single Seat) being similar to previous blocks.
For some reason, the PAF's JF-17s have yet to employ dual ejector racks. So, if they're indeed strengthening the wing-mounted hardpoints, we shouldn't stop at just 4 BVRAAM, it should be 6 at least (ideally 8).

Some people here predicted from beginning that many would be disappointed. I think what's important is what the new block does add to the capability rather than what it doesn't.

No mig-29 style extension of spine then? @Bilal Khan (Quwa)
*sigh*

For some reason, the PAF's JF-17s have yet to employ dual ejector racks. So, if they're indeed strengthening the wing-mounted hardpoints, we shouldn't stop at just 4 BVRAAM, it should be 6 at least (ideally 8).

Beyond 4 BVR missiles, law of diminishing returns would kick in. JF-17 does not have the stamina for a prolonged fight. It is more of a shoot-and-scoot type, being a light weight aircraft. Its strength lies in high sortie rate.

Can you explain the following in simple words for aeronautical engineering novices like me? It will be huge service to humanity. Thanks

Serial production build - third stage of assembly. All SSt designs are like the SSt and all the DSt would be like the DSt.

I cant stop laughing.

As per a genuine source at AMF, the block 3 will carry six IF needed. Four on DER and one each on two hardpoints.

Even block 2 and B can carry 4 but they are rarely carried.

Dont expect a significant change in 'shape' but marked improvement in aerodynamics from block 2. Quantum. @Dazzler

DER - definitely yes. Wingtip mounted - yes. They have all been prospectively examined.

As per a genuine source at AMF, the block 3 will carry six IF needed. Four on DER and one each on two hardpoints.
Even block 2 and B can carry 4 but they are rarely carried.

Dont expect a significant change in 'shape' but marked improvement in aerodynamics from block 2. Quantum. @Dazzler

Three blk 3s are being assembled at AMF, with one about to undergo testing. Surprisingly, all three are dual seats, and sport minor visible changes from B versions. Changes include widened intakes, and a wide angle holographic HUD.

The revised version of KLJ-7As support six simultaneous air to air engagements, unlike four in the LKF-601E.

sir JF-17 inspired by F-16 which able carry 6 AAM, but remember sir as F-16 or light weight fighter jet project same as our JF-17, i think early version of F-16 till ( Block-15) had have carry 4 AAM same as our JF-17 as for dual racks they also increases a drag hence overall performance parameter of JF-17 and 8 AAM are suited for Heavy air superiority jets like F-15/Su-27 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom