What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Thank you for your input. This is what I meant by PT No. that you can see on vertical stabilizer. :-)
View attachment 579263 View attachment 579266

Ok. I have had a close look on these pics and now I have noticed that vertical stabilizer looks like those on earlier single seater and not like Jf-17B where it is more slanted which is there due to introduction of 3-Way FBW. Now I am not certain if SP-3 means block-III or simple 3rd phase of serial production. May be final phase of Block-II but that simply does not make sense with SP-3 wording.

But its vertical stabilizer is same like block 1, 2... Was not it like JF-17 B version??

Exactly!

Sp 3 stands for serial production block 3 I think

Serial production by way the alphabets appear but I don't see that happening before prototype, tests & validation.

But its vertical stabilizer is same like block 1, 2... Was not it like JF-17 B version??

yes, we have been discussing the swept back vertical stabilizer like Block-B but, posted the question so anyone can add to subject.

May be final phase of Block-II but that simply does not make sense with SP-3 wording.

Could be the case of 3rd Air Craft into serial production from older blocks due to the vertical stabilizer.... However, footage is from new program.

if block 3 is in production when block 3 had a first flight ?or is that a prototype
I think those statements mentioned that simultaneously Block-III frames are in production. Which can be like we have PTs for validation of several systems and in the meantime, as the airframe remains the same, many are built to save time and once testing/validation is done; all the frames will be forwarded to production line for finalization.

Serial production by way the alphabets appear but I don't see that happening before prototype, tests & validation.

yes, we have been discussing the swept back vertical stabilizer like Block-B but, posted the question so anyone can add to subject.

Could be the case of 3rd Air Craft into serial production from older blocks due to the vertical stabilizer.... However, footage is from new program.

Did block 2 had a prototype?

The greater swept vertical stabilizer has more to do with the physical change in the shape of the aircraft due to the second seat, and not the new FBW system.

is block 3 in production?

Horizontal stabilizer is suppose to look like B model for block 3 these may be Myanmar [emoji1175] reminder of order pac provides its 58% yo China and China assemble myanmar [emoji1175] aircraft ?? Must be old pic

Guessing

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom