What's new

Jews in Gujarat to receive minority status soon

I will keep the fire burning till then

No I will keep the fire burning.

You can work on your spitting accuracy instead.

Apparently that was a favourite sport in defeated Persia.

Cheers, Doc

I am not sure, give me a while to respond please

Benefits are normally linked to domicile

Sure take you time!

I am perplexed with "state only" recognition of minorities. Maybe there is a different thought process working in India, but normally one would think that a minority should have equal rights throughout the jurisdiction of the Federation.

Last edited:
No I will keep the fire burning.

You can work on your spitting accuracy instead.

Apparently that was a favourite sport in defeated Persia.

Cheers, Doc

You still remember Persia lol

Essentially added benefits which could range from Job reservation to cheaper education or softer loans etc
I see. Basically, it is an excuse to get government hand-out.

@HAIDER
That is not the answer. Hinduism is shrinking in Gujarat over last few decades. What is the % of non Muslims in Pakistan?

I know you do not have an answer.
In reality , if follow the teaching of Islam ................... may be 1 percent or less then that ....... I know my acts doesn't match with teaching of Islam , i admit and i regret.

What about the religious books of the Jews? Will they have to go through checks so that the syllabus be sanctioned by the government?

Government doesn’t interfere in syllabuses. India has many syllabuses. However there are standards that syllabuses have to follow and its pretty much the same everywhere.

Government doesn’t interfere in syllabuses. India has many syllabuses. However there are standards that syllabuses have to follow and its pretty much the same everywhere.

What and who dictates it?

Bhai Parsi schools are not like madrassas. They are normal CBSE/ICSE schools which all communities go to.

If anything, there is too little religious teaching and history for our kids.

I knew the Ramayana and Mahabharata before I read an Amar Chitra Katha comic on the life of Zarathustra.

Cheers, Doc

I was speaking metaphorically. I know madrasahs are different.

What and who dictates it?

There is a special group called as NCERT and associated think tank organisations. They are a consortium of schools, teachers and things like that.

There is nothing called a dictatorship. It’s always a collective effort.

It's not that.

My point was that Parsis have never looked to the state for any special privileges as a minority.

The Jiyo Parsi scheme is a first, and if it helps (I think our issues are way more fraught), I would be the first to acknowledge it.

Cheers, Doc

There is a special group called as NCERT and associated think tank organisations. They are a consortium of schools, teachers and things like that.

There is nothing called a dictatorship. It’s always a collective effort.

So will the non jews be taught as dogs and donkeys in gujarat?

Back
Top Bottom