What's new

Japan's Growing Naval Power: Japan building more Atago Class GM Destroyers

The Russian navy still has some fearsome nuclear sub fleet nonetheless.

That factor alone is probably enough to sink the whole JMSDF.
That's right. Russian submarine fleet are some of the most deadliest monster. Russian, if serious, can sink every surface vessel. That is the reason I respect the Russian navy and not Japan navy.

That's right. Russian submarine fleet are some of the most deadliest monster. Russian, if serious, can sink every surface vessel. That is the reason I respect the Russian navy and not Japan navy.

Their sub fleet even poses a huge threat to the USN, and I don't know why so many fanboys here can talk so lightly about the Russian navy.

Last edited:
What unacceptable costs?

They don't have the offensive capability due the post-WWII constitution.

Japan has the military capable to successfully defend its sovereign territory against Chinese aggression. They have a world class navy and have exceptional capabilities in air and missile defense, anti-submarine, and undersea warfare. Japan's purchase of F-35's,E-2ds, V-22s, Global Hawks, and the start of their own fifth gen aircraft program will ensure air superiority. Although I support an offensive capability, Japan doesn't necessarily need it. Being an island nation, a strong air and naval capability will prove sufficient in defending its territory.

Yes, the 'indigenous' AIP sub with the Swedish technology.

BTW, if Japan really wanna impress us, then they should try to restore 2/3 of the modern USN like they did that before.

That means 6-7 nuclear supercarriers, 60 Aegis DDGs, 50 nuclear subs.
Yeah, I was pretty shock to realize the so called "world best submarine" Soryu is actually using Swedish AIP tech and that is the main reason for it highly praise.

Japan has the military capable to successfully defend its sovereign territory against Chinese aggression. They have a world class navy and have exceptional capabilities in air and missile defense, anti-submarine, and undersea warfare. Japan's purchase of F-35's,E-2ds, V-22s, Global Hawks, and the start of their own fifth gen aircraft program will ensure air superiority. Although I support an offensive capability, Japan doesn't necessarily need it. Being an island nation, a strong air and naval capability will prove sufficient in defending its territory.

Buying those weapons make no difference for a major military powerhouse.

Yeah, I was pretty shock to realize the so called "world best submarine" Soryu is actually using Swedish AIP tech and that is the main reason for it highly praise.

Go to the CD forum, a military forum where most people are highly conservative when talking about China's military tech.

Even among those conservative posters, nobody with a slight military knowledge would think that the modern JMSDF could pose a true challenge to the PLAN.

If true than these destroyers are a joke

Due the constitution after the WWII, their navy cannot possess any weapon with the offensive capability.

The main role of the JMSDF is to support the USN as an anti-sub troop, while the USN can provide them the air superiority.

Last edited:
Buying those weapons make no difference for a major military powerhouse.

Go to the CD forum, a military forum where most people are highly conservative when talking about China's military tech.

Even among those conservative posters, nobody with a slight military knowledge would think that the modern JMSDF could pose a true challenge to the PLAN.
Yeah, I am a member at CD as well. It amazed me when people talk down on Russian navy when they could in fact, destroy every freaking navy, or least punch a nasty and brutal damage to that navy.

True of the matter is, there are technically only 3 powers (guess which?) that are invincible. These three power cannot be defeat due to the massive manpower, resources, industrial might, and most importantly landmass and thermonuclear weapon. There is no possible way to defeat these three powers and there is no way to make them surrender in an all-out war with anyone.

Yeah, I am a member at CD as well. It amazed me when people talk down on Russian navy when they could in face, destroy every freaking navy, or least punch a nasty and brutal damage to that navy.

True of the matter is, there are technically only 3 powers (guess which?) that are invincible. These three power cannot be defeat due to the massive manpower, resources, industrial might, and most importantly landmass and thermonuclear weapon. There is no possible way to defeat these three powers and there is no way to make them surrender in an all-out war with anyone.

Most CD members still respect Russia's sub fleet.

However, as for Japan, there is nothing so far that looks impressive.

Back
Top Bottom