What's new

Japan's Abe to change post-war constitution

Because China stopped supporting Vn, so the domino effect didn't happen after SaiGon fall, but things changed, China can't unify with TW untill now, it also can't take Pacific Ocean from US ,too. So, China leader must think abt supporting VN again to oust US's allies and its bases in ASEAN to weaken US's power .

Dude, again, will that be better for China to bet with US against Vietnam instead of Betting with Vietnam aginst the US??

You do know if China were to choose to drop either Vietnam and US tomorrow, i am sure as hell it will not be the US.

Until you can have China in your camp, then we will and we can talk, otherwise it is just bullshit.....

China keep cozy with Vietnam is more than a wet dream, you forgot you still have a nasty with China regarding the SCS now have you??

Guam may get refined oil and other supply from Singapore-Malaysia, as a US army captain, you should know where Guam import oil and essential commodities. You can't use crude oil from Middle to run ur war ships, dude.

sigh......

Hawai'i have the ONE OF THE LARGEST, i repeat, One of the Largest oil refinary in the US. All the synethic petrolum product in the west coast came from Hawai'i

Tesoro Hawaii Oil Refinery Tour

You should have read more BEFORE you try to pin guam with malacca strait.

Mr. Putin has the plan to revive Soviet union, China wanna replace you in Pacific ocean, VN wanna take control of ur allies in ASEAN, 3 of us have one thing in common again,and its time to kick US's @$$, dude

Well, again, come back when Mr Putin put russia back intpo another soviet empire. better yet, come back when said soviet empire help vietnam without any money down :)

Even then, we won once when they are bigger and strogner, we will win this time over if Mr Putin really want to revive the Soviet Union.

Guam will fall in Cold war, no one attack it, it will fall due to lack of oil and other supply, so just like the Soviet fall, there will be NO nuke war :P

Well, i don't know how to tell you this.

But the world and the 2 leader say Sino-American Relationship is the MOST IMPORTANT relationship in the world. I would want to see how and what Vietnam do to break it, i am actually really want to see how Vietnam come between China-US relationship.

US-China Institute :: news & features :: ambassador clark randt on "the crucial relationship"

Time for bed, dude, maybe in your dream, yo ucan kick us out from Asia, who know? Maybe you would be king of the world, or maybe you are just a bum with no money :) Who cares anyway ...HEHE
:azn:

@jhungary

the US navy will shrink to a size not seen since WW I. How do you want to keep the status of as superpower, to protect your allies in Asia, not to forget your commitments elsewhere in the world? It is not sustainable.

In a news today, the US navy is forced to cancel the plan to dispatch the second carrier USS Harry S. Truman to the Gulf: no money. I think Israel will not be amused, either.

USA schicken keinen zweiten Flugzeugträger in den Persischen Golf - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Next time use a Reference that make sense.......

AP sources: US to cut carrier fleet in Gulf to 1 - Yahoo!7 Finance Australia

Well, many many time, US have said they need to scale down their navy. The only time they did it is when they mothball the big bad battleship. Which they actually tried 3 times and take 40 years to retire them.

The problem you see is, they are sending less ship because of a lower budget, people jump up and down and say, "Oh, the United States is over" or "They are going to dowhnsize like they are never before"

Part of the statment are true, US was not the same as they are used to be. but you mixed 2 things together. namely Cutting budget and Cutting the Force.

Cuttoing of budget happened every 2 years when the previous year they turn out to be, well, Spending WAY WAY WAY too much. You do need to know we only have 1 carrier in the gulf for about 3 years before 2010 even with a war going on. THe problem is, cutting budget is just a politician game whic hthe republician and the democrat play chicken with each other to see who move first. A couple of year over spending then follow with a couple of year of budget cut is VERY Normal. Espoecially with the war in afghanistan winding down, i don't see any reason why you would maintain a half "War time" budget to begin with. I, for one, think the budget cut is actually good for the Military.

But when you cut the number of troops, and number of hardware. That, you will need to start worry about. They are not sending the HArry S Truman into the gulf does not mean they will decomission the Harry S Truman altogether.....

With any budget cut, we do more with less, it always is the case, and also give us soldier time to respite. But you would start scare when the pentagon announce early retirement of some ship here and closure of bases here and there.

As i said, you mixed up budget cut and force cut, budget cut does not mean we will cut our number of force, rather just a pissing game between the 2 party. In 1 or 2 years, when whoever incharge think we need a budget surplus, then the budget wil lrise again.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Anon45

Dude, this guy is funny,

in his mind, he is thinking this

First VN and China and Russia co-op and push america away from asia. Then qall the US allied in Asia fall, Asia will be Chinese, Russian and Vietnamese to take

Then China piss off Russia once again and who whoever win will be the king of Asia with Vietnam

And then Vietnam backstab whoever win in the Sino-Russia Contest. And Vietnam become the king of Asia.

Can you see that yet??

This guy don't even know blocking off malacca strait will do more harm than good to the vietnam than the US (Again we don't use that strait as much with asian country) talking to him is just empty

Dude, again, will that be better for China to bet with US against Vietnam instead of Betting with Vietnam aginst the US??

You do know if China were to choose to drop either Vietnam and US tomorrow, i am sure as hell it will not be the US.

China can side with US again and attack VN like in 1979, but both of you will lose again coz we still have full support from Mr. Putin. When China lose the war ,then it will face with another Tienanmen incident coz losing war will make its economy get even worse.

If China secretly side with VN and support VN to oust US's allies and its bases in ASEAN, and of course we will win you and your allies easily coz our ground forces is better with higher morale when fighting in long hard war than yours(VN war, Viet-Thai conflict proved that) then China surely will get the share from us.
jhungary said:
Sigh......

Hawai'i have the ONE OF THE LARGEST, i repeat, One of the Largest oil refinary in the US. All the synethic petrolum product in the west coast came from Hawai'i

Tesoro Hawaii Oil Refinery Tour

You should have read more BEFORE you try to pin guam with malacca strait.
SO, pls tell me where Guam get oil and food supply from ?? or you don't know too ??
jhungary said:
Well, again, come back when Mr Putin put russia back intpo another soviet empire. better yet, come back when said soviet empire help vietnam without any money down

Even then, we won once when they are bigger and strogner, we will win this time over if Mr Putin really want to revive the Soviet Union.
If Mr.Putin help us to oust US's allies and its base in ASEAN, then, Russia will get a huge benefit in ASEAN such as selling more Russian weapon in ASEAN, gain resources in cheap price etc, that's why a poor country like VN can buy Russia's weapon On Credit.

You won when Soviet didn't know how to run the bussiness, but things changed, Russia is much more smarter now and it can handle its economy much better now.
jhungary said:
Until you can have China in your camp, then we will and we can talk, otherwise it is just bullshit.....

China keep cozy with Vietnam is more than a wet dream, you forgot you still have a nasty with China regarding the SCS now have you??
First: US still have 30 years before collapsing like Mongol, so China can make its decision after 10 years.

Seconds: Either China decide to side with VN-Russia or not, we're still trying to outs your allies in ASEAN now. We soon will have new sub-base with the great help from Russia, we support Cambodia to shell Thailand badly, we're still going on the way to achieve our Goal

in short: we will outs your allies and your bases in ASEAN soon or later, if you volunteer to withdraw and help Vn to become No 1 in ASEAN, then we won't need to help China to kick you out of Pacific ocean. If China volunteer to support VN again, then we will help China to defeat US in Pacific ocean :P

Dude, you have some Deranged issue, recommend you to seek psychristic help.

1.) Guam get the oil from Hawai'i. You know where is Hawai'i?

2.) China will not support VN for any time soon, unless you relent and give back all the land you and CHina dispute, say, it would be never

3.) I don't care what Mr. Putin do, unless you have money, Mr Putin would only watch you die on the side of a gutter

4.) You don't need a war to sell Weaponry. Unless you are planning on a world wide invasion, but then again, are you so sure Russia and China will be so crazy that will fill the Dream of Vietnam Domination and go and Piss off US and the rest of the world??

Lol i officially upgrade your status. From stupid to deranged, recommended you to seek medical help, this can never be good to you.

Until you seek some help, i am blocking you, i am not going to reply to whatever you think

Dude, you have some Deranged issue, recommend you to seek psychristic help.

1.) Guam get the oil from Hawai'i. You know where is Hawai'i?
Link, pls .
3.) I don't care what Mr. Putin do, unless you have money, Mr Putin would only watch you die on the side of a gutter
We don't have money, and still get Russia weapon On Credit. Mr Putin will watch you die on Vn's hand in ASEAN instead:P
Funding for this contract is taken from the Russian state credit for Vietnam.Currently, the two sides are determined the preliminary conditions of the export contract: the exact amount of equipment purchase, the size of the Russian state credit and the transfer deadline.

A source close to the Russian Finance Ministry, Russia is negotiating with Vietnam on credit to buy Russian weapons. State credit scale has not been identified as "directly dependent on the number of weapons procurement, which it is currently being discussed."
Vietnam upcoming missile modern coast

Link, pls .

Oil Transportation - Transportation Routes

The Transfer of oil from one country to another is a very large task. Billions of barrels of oil a day are shipped in Oil Tankers to various destinations all over the world. There are many different shipping routes, but there are six major transit chokepoints” which deal with the most traffic of oil tankers and are areas of high risk for something to go wrong with the oil transfer. The Strait of Hormuz, The Strait of Malacca, The Suez Canal, Bab el-Mandab, The Turkish Straits, and The Panama Canal are different areas of the sea that connect large bodies of water and can sometimes create bottleneck situations. The Strait of Hormuz is an area where tankers from Persian Gulf nations (mainly the Middle East) travel through to get to their destinations in the United States, Japan, China, and Western Europe, connecting the Persian Gulf with the Gilf of Oman. About 40% of all Oil Tanker traffic passes through The Strait of Hormuz because (as seen on the graph below) the Middle East is the leader of oil production, thus making them the lead exporter of oil. The Strait of Malacca is a smaller area of passage than most chokepoints, but it is one of the most unsafe passages of any transport route in the world. It is the target of many terrorist attacks because of its bottleneck design in the Singapore Strait. The area of passage is located in between the island of Malaysia and Indonesia because it is the shortest route to get Oil into Japan, China, and other Asian countries.

and i will not get into a childish argument of what Putin do what. And you cannot be on creidt all the time, sometime, loan are gotta pay.

have a nice day

@anon45 @jhungary

I want to defend @NiceGuy a bit. Japan cannot fully rely on the US protection if it comes to a confrontation with China.

First, that´s correct: the US does not take a position on the ultimate sovereignty of the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands. Though you acknowledge the administration of Japan, reiterate the U.S. government's position that the Japan-U.S. Security Treaty to defending Japan in case of island-related hostilities.
Yes, we are perfectly abivalent to any sort of peaceful deal China and Japan work out on control of the island, but as clarified, as long as Japan has administration of these islands, the islands are covered under the MDT.
Second, if history is a guide, one can remember of the battle of Paracels where China and South Vietnam fought over the islands in the South China Sea in 1974. Although South Vietnam was US ally, the Americans refused to help its ally in the battle. For the sake of a good US-China relation. Who says that history never repeats? The US as traitor, again?
South Vietnam was viewed quite differently then than Japan is viewed today. South Vietnam was considered an unsustainable lost cause at that point, so why would we care about islands that would eventually fall to North Vietnam, a communist enemy, in anycase? This same assessment doesn't hold true for Japan, who is a major player in the region.

Besides Congress specifically outlawed involvement. Until we see a similar action in today's congress, the point doesn't hold. Considering the votes congress has taken, support for Japan seems pretty solid.

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2012/11/196783.html

Basically there are a number of factors, political, tactical, and geopolitical that would challenge any similarity with the Paracels.

Third, the US is too far away, while China is too close. The US military machine is doomed to downsize amid defence cuts, while China is increasing its budget thanks to its economic power.

The US has many bases and assets already in the region, which alleviates your concerns about geographical proximity. The US has had to learn logistics since WW2, and I don't think it is exaggerating to say the US military is a master at the art, whereas China is just starting to learn. I think China itself will face more logistical difficulties in a Senkaku conflict, as it will be its first major fleet action against a qualitatively superior foe.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Anon45

Dude, this guy is funny,

in his mind, he is thinking this

First VN and China and Russia co-op and push america away from asia. Then qall the US allied in Asia fall, Asia will be Chinese, Russian and Vietnamese to take

Then China piss off Russia once again and who whoever win will be the king of Asia with Vietnam

And then Vietnam backstab whoever win in the Sino-Russia Contest. And Vietnam become the king of Asia.

Can you see that yet??

This guy don't even know blocking off malacca strait will do more harm than good to the vietnam than the US (Again we don't use that strait as much with asian country) talking to him is just empty

He's on some good stuff.
drugs-demotivational-poster-1213109252.jpg

Oil Transportation - Transportation Routes

and i will not get into a childish argument of what Putin do what. And you cannot be on creidt all the time, sometime, loan are gotta pay.

have a nice day
I cant seeGuam get oil and food supply from Hawai in ur link.so Captain America also dont know abt it ,too? What a shame! now, l know why you said CIA is idiot:lol:

Let me show u a link
. Petroleum companies on Guam import their supply from Singapore, where prices of refined fuel remain volatile in reaction to global pressures of demand, currency rates and the recent European economic crisis, says Bamba. "Global recession will definitely have impact on local pricing, to what extent is determined by its impact on supply, refining, and all other components along the process," Bamba says. "We are the last leg of the delivery cycle, which usually means impacts are compounded."

Ortega says the prices of crude oil and other oil products can fluctuate dramatically weekly or even daily. "Our region relies on imports of fuel obtained from the global regional market and the delivery of those products to our region follows a long, complex and costly supply chain," he says.

Although Guam has one the highest gasoline prices in the United States, industry leaders say prices at the pump are actually kept in check and stay within relatively manageable levels. They say prices would have been a lot higher if companies were shipping fuel products from the U.S. mainland. "We have to import from Asia to be able price gas efficiently," Dean says
. http://gbguam.com/?pg=vol28_17_feature02

He's on some good stuff.
drugs-demotivational-poster-1213109252.jpg

Well, this guy is on something alright

This is what he wrote a couple of post up at Post #274

If China secretly side with VN and support VN to oust US's allies and its bases in ASEAN, and of course we will win you and your allies easily coz our ground forces is better with higher morale when fighting in long hard war than yours(VN war, Viet-Thai conflict proved that) then China surely will get the share from us.

Looking at what he wrote, it is as if, IF CHINA FOUGHT WITH VIETNAM AGAINST THE US, THE CHINESE COULD HAVE SOME FROM VIETNAM

Set aside how i love or hate Chinese but the sentence itself show either his ego is thru the roof or he is on some kind of fantasy land.......Probably he is smoking the good stuff...

I cant seeGuam get oil and food supply from Hawai in ur link.so Captain America also dont know abt it ,too? What a shame! now, l know why you said CIA is idiot:lol:

Let me show u a link. Guam Business Magazine

Dude, what you are referring to is Civilian Petrolum Product. How are you gonna put a F-15E and refuel them at a local gas station is beyond me. What i am referring to is Military Petrolum Product. Namely JP-5 Fuel, Military Grade Kerosene, you cannot pull a M1 tank in your local shell and fill it up. It won't work.

By the way, evengoing from Singapore to Guam do not pass thru the Malacca Strait.
:coffee:

Here is a map on Malacca Strait

Strait_of_malacca.jpg

LocationGuam.png

Where Singapore is at the foot of the strait, Guam is further EAST or let me dumb it down for you "-> That way" of Singapore. If you have to gone thru Malacca Strait, you need to go WEST from singapre or "This way <-"

For your reference, Guam is East of Philippine, East of Singapore. Well, for traffic going to Guam from Singapore, technically you can go west pass thru the Malacca strait, go around, come back and round Sumatra and back to West Coast of Singapore again and round the singapore strait and enter Phillippine sea again.

But wasn't it a lot faster just travel East from singapore strait and enter Phillipine sea directly?:help:

LOL : I didn't want to say anything, but you captain Vietnam is just so dumb.......

Well, this guy is on something alright

This is what he wrote a couple of post up at Post #274

Looking at what he wrote, it is as if, IF CHINA FOUGHT WITH VIETNAM AGAINST THE US, THE CHINESE COULD HAVE SOME FROM VIETNAM

Set aside how i love or hate Chinese but the sentence itself show either his ego is thru the roof or he is on some kind of fantasy land.......Probably he is smoking the good stuff...
I said already:if China help VN, then they will have our share,if China don't help, then, they got Nothing when VN-Russia still can achieve our goal in ASEAN

Seconds: Either China decide to side with VN-Russia or not, we're still trying to outs your allies in ASEAN now. We soon will have new sub-base with the great help from Russia, we support Cambodia to shell Thailand badly, we're still going on the way to achieve our Goal

in short: we will outs your allies and your bases in ASEAN soon or later, if you volunteer to withdraw and help Vn to become No 1 in ASEAN, then we won't need to help China to kick you out of Pacific ocean. If China volunteer to support VN again, then we will help China to defeat US in Pacific ocean
jhungary said:
Dude, what you are referring to is Civilian Petrolum Product. How are you gonna put a F-15E and refuel them at a local gas station is beyond me. What i am referring to is Military Petrolum Product. Namely JP-5 Fuel, Military Grade Kerosene, you cannot pull a M1 tank in your local shell and fill it up. It won't work.

By the way, evengoing from Singapore to Guam do not pass thru the Malacca Strait.
So what kind of fuel ur war ship is using now ?? beside that, people in Guam need gas to run their car,too.If Guam can get oil from Sing and Food supply (maybe from Malaysia), then Guam is a death place,too.

Our goal is ousting your allies and bases in ASEAN, it means when we achieve that goal, then Singapore won't sell oil to u any more, you can't do anything but abandoning ur poor Guam :P

I said already:if China help VN, then they will have our share,if China don't help, then, they got Nothing when VN-Russia still can achieve our goal in ASEAN

in short: we will outs your allies and your bases in ASEAN soon or later, if you volunteer to withdraw and help Vn to become No 1 in ASEAN, then we won't need to help China to kick you out of Pacific ocean. If China volunteer to support VN again, then we will help China to defeat US in Pacific ocean

So what kind of fuel ur war ship is using now ?? beside that, people in Guam need gas to run their car,too.If Guam can get oil from Sing and Food supply (maybe from Malaysia), then Guam is a death place,too.

Our goal is ousting your allies and bases in ASEAN, it means when we achieve that goal, then Singapore won't sell oil to u any more, you can't do anything but abandoning ur poor Guam :P

Dude, ever heard of Nuclear Powered Warship?? You cannot get Uranium 238 and Plutonium in your local shell or cartex station......Maybe your backward navy still using Diesel, almost all of our large ship uses Nuclear power........

Beside

A.) How are you going to stop us from buying food from Malay and Singapore??
B.) Even if you did, why our ship cannot go the other way and get Oil and food from hawai'i????

And do you even know Russia do NOT have a fleet for the South Sea??

LOL seriously,

Magic-Carpet-Ride-300dpi-e1349840090970.jpg

What kind of stuff you are smoking, seems like good stuff, maybe you are smoking some weed we left behind in Vietnam war??

Lol Riding your magic carpet. Vietnamese Nationalism to the roof

I am so gonna move to Guam and see how you viet try and take us on, and see how we will abandon our post in Guam :)

Good stuff :toast_sign:

Can we all please return to the topic of Japan, or "strong Japan" as per Mr Abe? This thread is not about Vietnam and America or whoever.

At the end of the day, I think a rise of Japan is welcome in the region as counterbalance to China. The US should support the move.

Can we all please return to the topic of Japan, or "strong Japan" as per Mr Abe? This thread is not about Vietnam and America or whoever.

At the end of the day, I think a rise of Japan is welcome in the region as counterbalance to China. The US should support the move.

Before you get the wrong idea which might upset you considering your affinity for Japan ( Or Japanaphila, I'm not sure if you have entered that threshold, you probably have) : I don't hate Japan but this is what I think also sorry for the long post

A "Strong Japan" would not be welcomed in East Asia Because, China, Russia, Korea and Taiwan all have disputes with Japan, and Japan having a military again would just bring hostilities of all East Asian countries against Japan. There may be protest in Taiwan, Korea and China when Japan does have a military again because of what Japan did from 1890's up until WW2 - especially to Korea - and amidst all the chaos, Russia would take the opportunity to join into the fray against Japan (to secure Russia's islands), so basically a "Strong Japan" would definitely NOT be welcomed in East Asia and Russia.

Yes I know you might say "rolfmaocopter but those stuff Happened over 60 years ago, Japan is kewl now" yea that may or may not be, but there are still a lot of old people still living to this date that have suffered through Japan's heinous war crimes from decades long ago even some old people in places like Harbin are still suffering the side effects of Japan's chemical experiments and many young people in Korea, China and Taiwan hate Japan for what they did to their elders, so thus the hate for Japan continues unless Japan temporarily abandons its warrior traditions and face and give a proper apology, preferably from the emperor and the prime minister maybe then the long animosity between other East Asians and Japan would end.

And Again I don't hate Japan, I'm just saying what might happen if Japan does have a military again, It's not like said countries would have a parade and have a festival for the second rise of Japan.

The magnitude of the atrocities Japan had commited (arguably greater than Nazi Germany since the Japanese killed over 20 million people in China, many of them being women and children in WW2 and millions of Koreans including the royal family during Japan's conquest of Korea) from 1890s up till WW2 is not easily forgotten among other East Asian; It's not easy for people to forgive and forget especially when Japan at times denies what they had done. Also even Hitler told Japan to tone it down in Asia; when Hitler tells you to tone down your violence, you know you're bloody merciless.

The reason why only Nanjing Massacre is widely known and not the OTHER massacres Japan has committed because the United States made a deal with Japan. Read This:

Unit 731 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and that's is just one of the many things Japan had done in East Asia during the dark days. So trying to humanize pre-1945 Japan as being better than Nazi Germany is quite offensive to families who had suffered such atrocities.

It's different in Europe because Germany has made a proper apology and since then has made a lot of strides to make amends to all the nation it has wrought chaos upon during WW2, Japan in contrast, hasn't really done that.

In South East Asia on the other hand, it might be a bit more welcomed because many SEA nations haven't faced the same level of atrocities like those in East Asia by Japan, which is why those war crimes are easily forgiven and also nations like Vietnam and the Philippines want to use Japan against China to aid them in the SCS quarrel but what business does Japan have in SEA even if it does have a military?

By the way there is already a counter balance to China in Asia: The USA, In fact the strongest military presence in Asia is the United States and the reason why Uncle Sam isn't intervening because there is nothing to intervene into as of right now because China is being Passive to all it's current dispute but not totally acquiese in giving up claim territory much like Japan with Diaoyu/Senkaku or the Kuril islands.

There is probably a lot of ways for East Asia and South East Asia to achieve peace and Japan having a military again is not one of them.

Set aside all Vietnamese Thumping, Asia need a "STRONGER JAPAN" but not a "Strong Japan"

When you look at a region of politic, you will see a whole region is always balanced with power. When you have one side upsetting the equation, you will hacve another side response. Hence if you have a Strong Japan, then you will have a Stronger something and a Weaker Something.

While everyone want a Strong Japan and Weaker China, i am afraid it will not be the case, what i think is if Japan Grow Stronger, China will force itself to grow stronger to balance it, which they can do, when both China and Japan grow stronger, everyone in the same region will grow weaker (You have to have money to grow), if you udnerstand what i am saying.

Hence i said the balance of situation is extremely improtant, Japan need to find a way to grow stronger without upsetting the equation, so China will not follow suit. This, i think, is very delicate

Back
Top Bottom