Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Japan's Abe to change post-war constitution
Thursday, 31 January, 2013, 11:02am
Agence France-Presse in Tokyo

japanabe.jpg

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. Photo: AP

Japan’s hawkish Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told parliament on Thursday that he intends to change the country’s post-second world war constitution, lowering the bar for further amendments.

“I will start with amending Article 96 of the constitution, a move that many factions [inside his Liberal Democratic Party] support “ Abe told upper house lawmakers, referring to the clause stipulating amendments require a two-thirds majority in parliament.

In the run-up to his landslide election victory in December, Abe said he wanted to study the possibility of altering the definition of Japan’s armed forces contained in the document.

The country’s well-funded and well-equipped military is referred to as the Self-Defence Forces, and barred from taking aggressive action. Its role is limited to defence of the nation.

Abe has said he would like to look into making the SDF into a full-fledged military, a plan that sets alarm bells ringing in Asian countries subject to Japan’s sometimes-brutal occupation in the first half of the 20th century.

US occupying forces imposed the constitution in the aftermath of the second world war, but its war-renouncing Article Nine is held dear by many Japanese.

Japan's Abe to change post-war constitution | South China Morning Post

I can't wait to see Japan scrap the pu$$y @ss article from their constitution & finally reclaim their once lost glory. :devil:
Imperial_Japanese_Army_Joint_Operations.jpg

& I also can't wait to see this thread go up in 'flame' :flame:
japan-warmongers.jpg

Interesting, but will this amendment also include the lift of weapons selling ban for Japan imposed by the allies? lets's see.

^Reashot Xigwin

well maybe that is their main mission , just to kicking out USA's base from japan.
japan just using the current situation with china as an excuses. just my 2 cent btw.

I can't wait to see Japan scrap the pu$$y @ss article from their constitution & finally reclaim their once lost glory. :devil:
What will your Chinese friend think?
& I also can't wait to see this thread go up in 'flame' :flame:
Yuh, the Japanese know how to deal with greedy Chinese.

Interesting, but will this amendment also include the lift of weapons selling ban for Japan imposed by the allies? lets's see.
That´s another thing. Japan can scrap the ban of selling arms alone. Japan does not need any US allowance.

^^^
As Viet said, Japan's don't-sell-weapons policy is not imposed by foreign powers, but by Japan itself!

People are starting to overreact to the fact now, even the "Fact" they know just so little.

A.) No one know how the Japanese Change their constitution. The word change can be used in a lot of meaning to deface the current constitution. How they cahnge the constitution is an unknown. It may change a lot, it may change just a little.

B.) No one know how the US going to response to the Change. China does not have troop in Japan, US do.

C.) Bear in mind Japan did have a full fledged Military Force already. The change could have been merely recipical to that fact.

What i can see is. They will expand their size of their force, increase budget, and increase coordination with oversea power. Anything more than that would be considered Offensive. And i do think japan want to avoid the fact that they are going to be seen as offensive once again. That's not in general Japanese mentality

Who know, maybe the first they the Japanese do when they lift the export restriction is to sell weapon to China......

People are starting to overreact to the fact now, even the "Fact" they know just so little.

A.) No one know how the Japanese Change their constitution. The word change can be used in a lot of meaning to deface the current constitution. How they cahnge the constitution is an unknown. It may change a lot, it may change just a little.

Like Germany, Japan has a stricted arms export, imposed by a Japanese law. This law can be scrapped by a majority of law makers soon after the Article 96 of the constitution is modified.

MOFA: Japan's Policies on the Control of Arms Exports
Japan's Policies on the Control of Arms Exports

The Government of Japan has been dealing carefully with "arms" exports in accordance with the Three Principles on Arms Exports (hereinafter referred to as "the Three Principles") and their related policy in order to avoid any possible aggravation of international conflicts.

Under the Three Principles, "arms" exports to the following countries or regions shall not be permitted:

(1) communist bloc countries,
(2) countries subject to "arms" exports embargo under the United Nations Security Council's resolutions, and
(3) countries involved in or likely to be involved in international conflicts.
The Three Principles have been the basic policy concerning Japan's "arms" exports since they were declared at the Diet session in 1967.

B.) No one know how the US going to response to the Change. China does not have troop in Japan, US do.
I think the US won´t oppose the change.
C.) Bear in mind Japan did have a full fledged Military Force already. The change could have been merely recipical to that fact.

What i can see is. They will expand their size of their force, increase budget, and increase coordination with oversea power. Anything more than that would be considered Offensive. And i do think japan want to avoid the fact that they are going to be seen as offensive once again. That's not in general Japanese mentality

Who know, maybe the first they the Japanese do when they lift the export restriction is to sell weapon to China......
The future Japanese army should be able to take on China. Selling arms to China is unlikely.

it's always unwise for a non nulcear country to challenge a nuclear country

China could launch “2-5 waves of nuclear strikes against Japan within 24 to 72 hours.” After discounting Japan’s anti-missiles systems, the article concluded: “In such an initial nuclear war with Japan, large cities including Tokyo will be annihilated by nuclear strikes.”

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/01/28/chin-j28.html

^Reashot Xigwin

well maybe that is their main mission , just to kicking out USA's base from japan.
japan just using the current situation with china as an excuses. just my 2 cent btw.

No, that is wrong. Japan wants to strengthen the military pact with the US, not the opposite. The Japanese want to be able to defend the country, just in case the US decides not taking side in a confrontation with China.

China could launch “2-5 waves of nuclear strikes against Japan within 24 to 72 hours.” After discounting Japan’s anti-missiles systems, the article concluded: “In such an initial nuclear war with Japan, large cities including Tokyo will be annihilated by nuclear strikes.”

title.png

Source of the above rant. ^^ hilarious, and how convenient that @beijingwalker quotes from there. Standard curriculum in the CCP debating school?

Sry dude, i dont mean to single you out, but i find it incredibly funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom