What's new

Japan's Abe to change post-war constitution

Yes, we are perfectly abivalent to any sort of peaceful deal China and Japan work out on control of the island, but as clarified, as long as Japan has administration of these islands, the islands are covered under the MDT.
South Vietnam was viewed quite differently then than Japan is viewed today. South Vietnam was considered an unsustainable lost cause at that point, so why would we care about islands that would eventually fall to North Vietnam, a communist enemy, in anycase? This same assessment doesn't hold true for Japan, who is a major player in the region.
Because South Vietnam was considered as a lost case hence you let your friend and ally alone in its fate?
You should know you betrayal was worse than our defeat in the battle of Paracels!

Besides Congress specifically outlawed involvement. Until we see a similar action in today's congress, the point doesn't hold. Considering the votes congress has taken, support for Japan seems pretty solid.
U.S. Senate reaffirms defense of Senkakus under Japan-U.S. pact | Kyodo News
I hope for Japan that you keep your promises.

Basically there are a number of factors, political, tactical, and geopolitical that would challenge any similarity with the Paracels.
Come on, the reason was China. No need to twist the facts, turning black to white.

The US has many bases and assets already in the region, which alleviates your concerns about geographical proximity. The US has had to learn logistics since WW2, and I don't think it is exaggerating to say the US military is a master at the art, whereas China is just starting to learn. I think China itself will face more logistical difficulties in a Senkaku conflict, as it will be its first major fleet action against a qualitatively superior foe.
Surely you still have a upper hand here in Asia. But for how long? the Chinese are catching up fast.

Before you get the wrong idea which might upset you considering your affinity for Japan ( Or Japanaphila, I'm not sure if you have entered that threshold, you probably have) : I don't hate Japan but this is what I think also sorry for the long post.
You are right with Japanese war-time crimes. I never deny that. The Japanese paid a heftig price for their aggressions. Also I can understand that notably China and Korea still have bitter memories toward Japan.

But again it is not fair to judge Japan only on this way, only by its past. Not what it did and does after the WW II. Like a former criminal everyone deserves a second chance in life. I don´t believe that Japan repeats the past, even it refuses to say "sorry!", as per Chinese and Korean people.

But again it is not fair to judge Japan only on this way, only by its past. Not what it did and does after the WW II. Like a former criminal everyone deserves a second chance in life. I don´t believe that Japan repeats the past, even it refuses to say "sorry!", as per Chinese and Korean people.

We want to give them a second chance, but the problem is they don't wanna admit their crimes during WWII.

We want to give them a second chance, but the problem is they don't wanna admit their crimes during WWII.
Many Japanese officials said apology und regretted what they did, even the current PM Abe does not deny the war-time crimes. It may sound strange, but as for Vietnam, we don´t expect a formal apology from Japan for their aggressions against us in the WW II. More than 2 millions Vietnamese died in just a few years.

For us, it is more important what Japan does today and tomorrow. The Japanese are helping us to recover from the devasting wars. That is the only thing, that matters! Japanese military is seen (by us) as a balance to China.

Many Japanese officials said apology und regretted what they did, even the current PM Abe does not deny the war-time crimes. It may sound strange, but as for Vietnam, we don´t expect a formal apology from Japan for their aggressions against us in the WW II.

For us, it is more important what Japan does today and tomorrow. The Japanese are helping us to recover from the devasting wars. That is the only thing, that matters! Japanese military is seen (by us) as a balance to China.

No matter what, a militarized Japan is not only stepping the redline of China, but also stepping the redline of USA.

A little island nation without any natural resources, they are destined to be a pawn played inbetween the great nations. :coffee:

No matter what, a militarized Japan is not only stepping the redline of China, but also stepping the redline of USA.
You are telling me that China will attack Japan if it militarizes?
A little island nation without any natural resources, they are destined to be a pawn played inbetween the great nations. :coffee:
It´s not wise to underestimate Japan. This little island nation taught China, Russia and America in previous encounters.

It´s not wise to underestimate Japan. This little island nation taught China, Russia and America in previous encounters.

Japan always got buttraped by America or Russia, but all they can do was to bully a weaker China from the late 19th century to the early 20th century.

But today is entirely different, Japan can still bully our incompetent weakling brother ROC, but PRC will easily buttrape Japan in a solo confrontation. :coffee:

There is no if, Japan cannot be militarized.

China will use the first strike policy if Japan trying to acquire the nuclear weapons, but this cannot be happening because US will stop the nuclearization of Japan before China made its first move. :coffee:

Telling China not to underestimate Japan is the same as misjudging China's capabilities. Whether China goes head to head with Japan or against Vietnam combined with Japan, we know who is not going to survive.

Oh please you guys fighting in a war is different from wining a war.

And china fighting almost everyone you guys are going to lose badly from the wars you fought in the past proves that you guys had @$$ even from us so don't act big now because you guys are huge and stuff even a huge animal can be killed by a small group so don't get cocky.

Not if that huge animal happens to be a powerful dragon where the mere touch by small animals on this behemoth, vaporizes their very existence :lol:

btw, Those wars you mentioned always involves a weakening China or a divided China and China never lost a war against the Phillipines or fought any wars with it :disagree: so a re-militarize Japan would be hard pressed to invade China again or even get close to China's water territory.

And being cocky is always on the last thing on the Chinese minds, look how they always act all modest and setting low expectation and subsequently blowing everyone away.

Japan always got buttraped by America or Russia, but all they can do was to bully a weaker China from the late 19th century to the early 20th century.

But today is entirely different, Japan can still bully our incompetent weakling brother ROC, but PRC will easily buttrape Japan in a solo confrontation. :coffee:

Reason was back then china failed to recognized change Japan change for the better while you were still thinking Medieval because you people think you were still superior to others you belittled others the whole world change you refuse change.

No its almost the same but one difference your people think like children bullying others to get what you want! a child with hand grenade still wouldn't accept change.

Not if that huge animal happens to be a powerful dragon where the mere touch by small animals on this behemoth, vaporizes their very existence :lol:

btw, Those wars you mentioned always involves a weakening China or a divided China and China never lost a war against the Phillipines or fought any wars with it :disagree: so a re-militarize Japan would be hard pressed to invade China again or even get close to China's water territory.

And being cocky is always on the last thing on the Chinese minds, look how they always act all modest and setting low expectation and subsequently blowing everyone away.

Really the current action of china begs to differ and yes the @$$ kicking you got from us in the Korean War was very good indeed. but that's not the point china needs to change and to pressure a real peaceful action not the one that you people always insisted on doing fact it no nation in the 21st century claims a whole sea and calls all of it as its own its illogical and Historical title is weak against Legal Jurisdiction. Point is China need to change for the better insisting on this is going to led you and others to disasters that's the honest truth.

Really the current action of china begs to differ and yes the @$$ kicking you got from us in the Korean War was very good indeed. but that's not the point china needs to change and to pressure a real peaceful action not the one that you people always insisted on doing fact it no nation in the 21st century claims a whole sea and calls all of it as its own its illogical and Historical title is weak against Legal Jurisdiction. Point is China need to change for the better insisting on this is going to led you and others to disasters that's the honest truth.

No, it does not mean the contrary. China right now, with all its political and military power, could do much worse like Russia, Invading Georgia with a flimsy justification.

And also one battle is hardly an arse kicking, especially when the majority of the Chinese soldiers were tied up with fighting the main American forces and her allies, not to mention by the time the Chinese were fighting the Filipinos aided by the Americans, The Chinese had already repelled the UN from North Korea and if it weren't for stupid Mao, the Chinese would of stopped there. But basically, despite their supply line being really thin when the got near the 38th parallel, they were still able to push the combined UN forces further back. I would say the Americans are the one that suffered the most arse kicking for underestimating the Chinese military capability.

And regarding the SCS, There is a saying: "The strong do what they can, and weak suffer what they must" THAT is the honest painful truth and no amount of resentful sentiment can change that, the West applies this all the time in the Middle East and Africa and I don't see the people in the west suffering any disasters.

China can keep doing this so called bully tactic (which is apparently ruining the lives of overly Jingoistic Filipinos) but it's not going to change anything. Even if China does for some sodding reason invade and snatch away the islands from the Phillipine's hands, China won't face too much of a repercussion, because the whole world or at least all the major nations relies on China for economic growth: countries like Australia. At most China will get bad press for a year or two. It's like when Russia invaded Georgia, what disasters did Russia face? a couple bad press, nothing apocalyptic.

But considering all the disputes China has settled with Russia and her Central Asian neighbors, I won't be surprised if China will be able to find an alternative for the Spartly islands and settle for less; giving the Phillipines and others the favorable end of the deal.

Have you ever read about the Russo-Japanese of 1905 or the previous Sino-Japanese engagement? Those were the days in which Nippon dominated the Pacific in just 20 years.

No offence but the JMSDF is far superior to the littoral based PLA Navy. Is there an Chinese equavilant to the Atago DDG, or the new Akizuki Class destroyer? Type 052C/D lacks the level of Kongo DDG Anti-Ballistic capability. Japanese AIP submarines is superior to any PLAN submarines, nuclear or diesel. Chinese subs are famous for being noisey, even one of your nation's naval officers had admit this. The PLAAF has certain advantages over the JASDF, like more Fighter bombers and Air-Superiority Fighters. But F-2 multirole jets can inflict damage on PLAAF J-10A planes and the F-15J can take on J-11s, J-16 etc. But lets face it, the senkaku Islands conflict is practically an naval confrontation.

No, it does not mean the contrary. China right now, with all its political and military power, could do much worse like Russia, Invading Georgia with a flimsy justification.

And also one battle is hardly an arse kicking, especially when the majority of the Chinese soldiers were tied up with fighting the main American forces and her allies, not to mention by the time the Chinese were fighting the Filipinos aided by the Americans, The Chinese had already repelled the UN from North Korea and if it weren't for stupid Mao, the Chinese would of stopped there. But basically, despite their supply line being really thin when the got near the 38th parallel, they were still able to push the combined UN forces further back. I would say the Americans are the one that suffered the most arse kicking for underestimating the Chinese military capability.

And regarding the SCS, There is a saying: "The strong do what they can, and weak suffer what they must" THAT is the honest painful truth and no amount of resentful sentiment can change that, the West applies this all the time in the Middle East and Africa and I don't see the people in the west suffering any disasters.

China can keep doing this so called bully tactic (which is apparently ruining the lives of overly Jingoistic Filipinos) but it's not going to change anything. Even if China does for some sodding reason invade and snatch away the islands from the Phillipine's hands, China won't face too much of a repercussion, because the whole world or at least all the major nations relies on China for economic growth: countries like Australia. At most China will get bad press for a year or two. It's like when Russia invaded Georgia, what disasters did Russia face? a couple bad press, nothing apocalyptic.

But considering all the disputes China has settled with Russia and her Central Asian neighbors, I won't be surprised if China will be able to find an alternative for the Spartly islands and settle for less; giving the Phillipines and others the favorable end of the deal.

It seems your the only sane guy here.

Set aside all Vietnamese Thumping, Asia need a "STRONGER JAPAN" but not a "Strong Japan"

When you look at a region of politic, you will see a whole region is always balanced with power. When you have one side upsetting the equation, you will hacve another side response. Hence if you have a Strong Japan, then you will have a Stronger something and a Weaker Something.

While everyone want a Strong Japan and Weaker China, i am afraid it will not be the case, what i think is if Japan Grow Stronger, China will force itself to grow stronger to balance it, which they can do, when both China and Japan grow stronger, everyone in the same region will grow weaker (You have to have money to grow), if you udnerstand what i am saying.

Hence i said the balance of situation is extremely improtant, Japan need to find a way to grow stronger without upsetting the equation, so China will not follow suit. This, i think, is very delicate

There is nothing wrong with an Strong Japan. A strong Japan means an more peaceful Asia..

Back
Top Bottom