What's new

Japan PM says will take time to provide patrol ships to Vietnam

Patrol ships? As if that will stop China drilling because of a few patrol ships. China will continue to drill in the SCS regardless of what anyone says or does. No one is stopping China right now. Everyone including the US knows this.

Patrol ships? As if that will stop China drilling because of a few patrol ships. China will continue to drill in the SCS regardless of what anyone says or does. No one is stopping China right now. Everyone including the US knows this.

china have to respect and obey rules of international law, what China has been signed like UNCLOS. saying like you china is trouble maker in region.

china have to respect and obey rules of international law, what China has been signed like UNCLOS. saying like you china is trouble maker in region.

China is the largest trading nation in the region (well, in the world).

So, China is the bread-maker in the region.

Say hallelujah.

What?

The Japs can't be serious.

China can build those ships on behalf of the Japs so long as they pay the right price.

China can even build the ships directly for our Vietnamese friends so long as they pay the market price.

How many ships do our Vietnamese friends require? 100? 200? 500?

Business is business. China is ready to fulfill our neighbours' needs even if the ships will be used against China. :D

China is not even afraid of japs best ships; they think some decommissioned patrol ships will make China quiver???

(Reuters) - Japan said on Wednesday it was unable to immediately provide decommissioned patrol ships to Vietnam amid heightened tensions in the South China Sea as its own coastguard was stretched by surveillance activities.
As tensions mount between China and other claimants to the South China Sea, countries such as Vietnam and the Philippines are rushing to bolster their maritime patrols.

Japan, itself locked in a bitter territorial spat with China, in March agreed to dispatch a research team to Vietnam as a step toward providing it with patrol ships.

Asked about the possibility of providing used patrol ships to Vietnam to expedite the process, Prime Minister Shinto Abe told parliament: "Surveillance duties are getting heavier for the Japan Coast Guard."

"Regrettably, our country is not in a situation where we can retire all the vessels that have reached such age."

Patrol ships from China and Japan have been playing cat and mouse in waters near disputed East China Sea islets, raising fears of an accidental clash between the world's second- and third-largest economies.

In the South China Sea, scores of Vietnamese and Chinese ships, including coastguard vessels, have continued to square off around a Chinese oil rig in contested waters.

Vietnam said earlier this week a Chinese boat rammed and sank a Vietnamese fishing vessel not far from the oil rig, while China's official Xinhua news agency reported the vessel capsized after "harassing and colliding with" a Chinese fishing boat.

In an interview with Reuters last week, Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duck Dam said Hanoi was keen to have aid from Japan and other countries to help manage its coastline and waters.

(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)

Japan PM says will take time to provide patrol ships to Vietnam| Reuters

China is not even afraid of japs best ships; you think some decomissioned patrol ships will make China quiver???
Soon they will get it anyway.
Japan armada is superior plus Japan will have US and NATO support. Chinese Armada will sink like a paper boat.
we heard that many times. :rofl:

International law, excuse me, how did you get we don't obey the rules of the international law? which rules we infringe, show the proof.

You do even deny your word, here accusing us of violating the law, you know, that is very hilarious.
635362933026445213.jpg

@ViXuyen

could you post me info about Patrol vessels of Vietnam Coast Guard/Marine police??Vietnam use some large vessels,one of this is the one you posted.I couldn't find any reference or name of the types.they operate some 6 different types of vessels.

@Soryu @Viet

bro,any news on 4 Indian OPV purchase,which India offered $100 mil credit line??Indian OPV is quite good and its size is greater than some Frigates.didn't know which kind of Patrol vessel Vietnam is going to purchase (is it something like Hateruma class or is it Hida Class??) patrol vessels from Japan.but they're buying 10 of them.thats great news.but for long patrol,Indian Saryu OPV would be ideal for Vietnam.
I haven´t heard anything new since that deal was announced, of 4 Indian patrol boats for $100m.

But I am afraid this deal will never come into reality like the other VN interest for Brahmos cruise missiles. Your government is too afraid of China. Perhaps Modi can do better.

India offers Vietnam credit for military ware - The Hindu

@ViXuyen

could you post me info about Patrol vessels of Vietnam Coast Guard/Marine police??Vietnam use some large vessels,one of this is the one you posted.I couldn't find any reference or name of the types.they operate some 6 different types of vessels.
VN´s largest patrol vessel is based on Damen shipyard 9014-class. We call DN-2000 class.

The 90 m vessel is powered by four Caterpillar C3516C engines and can attain a top speed of 21 kt. It has a range of 5,000 n miles and a flight deck that support helicopters with an all-up weight of 14 tons. Equipped with two fixed machine guns and twin fire monitors. Surveillance and navigation radars are fitted, too. A crew of 70 operates the vessel. the crews receive professional training from the US Coast Guard, both in America and Vietnam.

the vessels are constructed by the Damen-affiliated Song Thu Ship Building Company in Haiphong (Vietnam).

Vietnam_-_main.jpg

Vietnamese Coast Guard to acquire naval helicopters for OPVs - IHS Jane's 360

Last edited:
I haven´t heard anything new since that deal was announced, of 4 Indian patrol boats for $100m.

But I am afraid this deal will never come into reality like the other VN interest for Brahmos cruise missiles. Your government is too afraid of China. Perhaps Modi can do better.

Modi is begging for China's investment, what do you expect him? even he want to do something, look at the lousy records of imcompetent indians, except big mouth.

about Vietnamese Coastguard,its looks like a lot of new equipment are coming soon.

USA offered them $32.5 million from which they'll buy 5 fast patrol boats,probably in this year.

10 patrol boats will come from Japan soon.though don't know what kind of patrol boats it'd be.Japan offered Patrol vessels which appeared to be smaller version of Tsurugi Class Patrol Vessel.they're also donating 2 Shiretoko class vessels as well.I truly hope Japan will give Hateruma Class or Aso Class patrol vessel,which kind of Patrol vessel Vietnam has dire need.a capable one with either having capability to handle intruders,which is Aso class' spaciality ,or having helo carrying capability as well as landing craft carrying capability like Hateruma class to mount any reef/island in SCS and will fill the role of 1000 Ton patrol vessel.

Hateruma Class..........

Plhakata.jpg

Aso Class....

Japan_Coast_Guard_PL42_Dewa.JPG

and if they get Indian OPV,it should be Saryu Class,massive 2300 Ton vessel with massive range(11000 KM) and endurance(2 months) and Helo carrying capability as well as offensive weapons can be fitted to make it more deadlier.

Saryu Class........

url

Saryu-class patrol vessel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
whats your take on this,vietnamese members???
I think the decision over the type of vessels and number will be made when Japan foreign minister visits Hanoi in June. Shinzo Abe promises Japan will provide Vietnam the capacity it needs to restore the status quo in the SC Sea :azn:

We need at least 10 ships, with capacity on par with the Chinese.

Japan’s foreign minister to visit Vietnam on maritime security | Politics | Thanh Nien Daily

International law, excuse me, how did you get we don't obey the rules of the international law? which rules we infringe, show the proof.

You do even deny your word, here accusing us of violating the law, you know, that is very hilarious.
635362933026445213.jpg
Just a private letter from PM Dong to China , is have no use. Only the Parliament have the right to decide what to do in VN, PM just give offer and implement what the Parliament decide :pop:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom