What's new

Jamaat men torch Hindu temple, houses in Noakhali

@liontk , is your head spinning ? if want to see a wide variety of politics come to Bangladesh , you will get PhD in practical :D

Last edited by a moderator:
bdnews24 is owned by some joe schome awami league MP, independent news channel is owned by salman f rahman.

OK Thanks for clarifying it. In the end, almost all media outlets' origins can be traced to that same criminal entity.

merci for the link, according to the source as far as my understanding goes, there is a political motivation at play however doesn`t that generally apply to anything politician do. The charges that they were filed guilty are crimes against humanity and that is a very serious charge but still its hard to disagree against the supreme courts decision really and I mean going against that does mean going against the republic don`t you think as far as jamatti partie angle goes.

the case hasn't reached supreme court yet.....In bangladesh the judges are appointed for political reasons. Jamaati leaders are simply put up there to weaken the main opposition party BNP who they are in alliance with.

I want the war criminals to be punished as well but not at the expense of due process and justice. If these alleged war criminals are hung without proper due process then this would make them martyrs and will certainly give rise to terrorism in the near future. This government has made a mockery out of the democratic process of the country.

merci for the link, according to the source as far as my understanding goes, there is a political motivation at play however doesn`t that generally apply to anything politician do. The charges that they were filed guilty are crimes against humanity and that is a very serious charge but still its hard to disagree against the supreme courts decision really and I mean going against that does mean going against the republic don`t you think as far as jamatti partie angle goes.

Not sure if you have researched enough into these tribunals, but they are all sham! Set up by BAL government for political purposes, with no international oversight, no maintenance of international standards in the dispensation of justice, and as some Skype conversations have revealed, just an eyewash created by BAL government for the ulterior motives of its bosses across the border.

@liontk , is your head spinning ? if want to see a wide variety of politics come to Bangladesh , you will get PhD in practical :D

I do not understand some terminology can a bangladaise member explain what a awami league media is. Is media controlled by government in bangladaise.

As far as topic goes, its difficult to make sense of this mess, I mean people are even questioning courts decision and can you tell me what a `awami dalal` means in this context, I see alot of members using it. I do not think its a urdu word?

Last edited by a moderator:
the case hasn't reached supreme court yet.....In bangladesh the judges are appointed for political reasons. Jamaati leaders are simply put up there to weaken the main opposition party BNP who they are in alliance with.

Now that I think about it, there is another major reason why Indians rail against Jamat of all parties. Do you know why? BAL has always been their agents, even some low level leaders of BNP can be bribed into siding with them, at least momentarily, but from what I have heard/seen, even the MUA/FUA administration could not find any cases of corruption against the two Jamat ministers during their reign in 2001-2006 era.

That maybe one reason the Indians are trying to weaken BNP, and eliminate Jamat so that they have a weak (sometimes easily bought) opposition, a loyal puppy, and a non-existent party to deal with. Think about it.

As far as I am concerned, one of the major failures of BNP-18 party alliance has been their low media presence. They hardly owned any media outlets even during their own rule. Many newspapers and TV channels regularly parroted the Indian and BAL lines to their target readership/viewerships.

I do not understand some terminology can a bangladaise member explain what a awami league media is. Is media controlled by government in bangladaise.

As far as topic goes, its difficult to make sense of this mess, I mean people are even questioning courts decision and can you tell me what a `awami dalal` means in this context, I see alot of members using it. I do not think its a urdu word?

all media channels and news outlets are owned by members of the awami league party.

Here is another major source that puts the legitimacy of the trial Bangladesh: Discrepancy in Dhaka | The Economist
If the conversations were taken into account, then the whole trial would have been a mistrial, instead the court decided to disregard the trial and carry on their proceedings.

I want the war criminals to be punished as well but not at the expense of due process and justice. If these alleged war criminals are hung without proper due process then this would make them martyrs and will certainly give rise to terrorism in the near future. This government has made a mockery out of the democratic process of the country.

According to the link you sent, hourable justice Mr.Huq resigned from the international tribunals however he remains a supreme court judge. This is confusing as is he being reprimanded or is there something else at play, very confusing to follow I must say :)

1.Awami league is current government, and who ever talks against jamat they becomes awami dalal, same goes vise-versa
2. some newspaper owners support political party,
so if one newspaper talk against one party, then victim party call them other party's proxy
dalal=proxy.

neutral people and newspaper get affected most on this issue :D

Now that I think about it, there is another major reason why Indians rail against Jamat of all parties. Do you know why? BAL has always been their agents, even some low level leaders of BNP can be bribed into siding with them, at least momentarily, but from what I have heard/seen, even the MUA/FUA administration could not find any cases of corruption against the two Jamat ministers during their reign in 2001-2006 era.

That maybe one reason the Indians are trying to weaken BNP, and eliminate Jamat so that they have a weak (sometimes easily bought) opposition, a loyal puppy, and a non-existent party to deal with. Think about it.

As far as I am concerned, one of the major failures of BNP-18 party alliance has been their low media presence. They hardly owned any media outlets even during their own rule. Many newspapers and TV channels regularly parroted the Indian and BAL lines to their target readership/viewerships.

BNP knows this all well.......Shahbag uprising: India should stand by read this!

all media channels and news outlets are owned by members of the awami league party.

Here is another major source that puts the legitimacy of the trial Bangladesh: Discrepancy in Dhaka | The Economist
If the conversations were taken into account, then the whole trial would have been a mistrial, instead the court decided to disregard the trial and carry on their proceedings.

While I do see the point your highlights but the emails and conversations are not released to public so its really difficult to point out, I do understand your perspective but man he is a supreme court judge, just feels wrong questioning his judgement as the people of any country tend to trust judiciary, but if there was discrepancy proven that could be a setback for the bangladaise nation because a corrupt judiciary pretty much means a decaying structural government and the implications could be severe for bangladesh.

BNP WILL HOLD A MAJOR PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW, LETS SEE WHAT DIRECTION THEY CHOOSE TO TAKE.

1.Awami league is current government, and who ever talks against jamat they becomes awami dalal, same goes vise-versa
2. some newspaper owners support political party,
so if one newspaper talk against one party, then victim party call them other party's proxy
dalal=proxy.

neutral people and newspaper get affected most on this issue :D

Damn there are alot of proxies at play with this tribunal based on alot of commentators views on this forum. I never though politic in such a small countrie could be this complex dang!!!!

While I do see the point your highlights but the emails and conversations are not released to public so its really difficult to point out, I do understand your perspective but man he is a supreme court judge, just feels wrong questioning his judgement as the people of any country tend to trust judiciary, but if there was discrepancy proven that could be a setback for the bangladaise nation because a corrupt judiciary pretty much means a decaying structural government and the implications could be severe for bangladesh.

Now you are getting the jist, brother. An unfair trial also taints our history for the future generations.

This is called bangladeshi politics

I call very often to people that ' you are not bangladeshi , your are political party supporter' :D

Back
Top Bottom