What's new

Jamaat men torch Hindu temple, houses in Noakhali

Damn there are alot of proxies at play with this tribunal based on alot of commentators views on this forum. I never though politic in such a small countrie could be this complex dang!!!!

:lol:i follow US politics greatly, if you think US politics is complicated and full of drama, you haven't seen Bangladeshi politics.

Damn there are alot of proxies at play with this tribunal based on alot of commentators views on this forum. I never though politic in such a small countrie could be this complex dang!!!!
:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

@aazidane, @BDforever

I think you guys both represent two different perspective but man this stuff is still not making sense. I am sorry but this is first time in life where I am reallying confused to whats actually going on. Is this situation for real or not because a senior member just posted an article on a new thread(IDUNE , you may know that member) that draws a parellel to a government led genocide, is this true because a genocide is a very serious allegation and that could be a mistrial.

Damn either you both are trolling me or BD is a very divided nation to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
@aazidane, @BDforever

I think you guys both represent two different perspective but man this stuff is still not making sense. I am sorry but this is first time in life where I am reallying confused to whats actually going on. Is this situation for real or not because a senior member just posted an article that draws a parellel to a government led genocide, is this true because a genocide is a very serious allegation and that could be a mistrial.

Damn either you both are trolling or BD is a very divided nation to say the least.
let me tell you truth.
1. those guys are really war criminals
2. the tribunal is not set on international standard
3. Awami using 'war criminal' issue to get vote in upcoming election.
4. BNP+Jamat want to get rid of Awami

, so as a result point 1,2,3 and 4 getting divided people supports :D

@aazidane, @BDforever

I think you guys both represent two different perspective but man this stuff is still not making sense. I am sorry but this is first time in life where I am reallying confused to whats actually going on. Is this situation for real or not because a senior member just posted an article on a new thread(IDUNE , you may know that member) that draws a parellel to a government led genocide, is this true because a genocide is a very serious allegation and that could be a mistrial.

Damn either you both are trolling me or BD is a very divided nation to say the least.

Genocide? OMG! No way!

1. Jamat burns Hindu temples, attacks Awami League members and Hindu people out of contempt.
2. Police intervenes.
3. They attack police with deadly arms; encircle the police and beat them up.
4. The police shoots at them.
5. In one case, I have seen police shoot one person but the earlier part of the vdo was edited out, so cannot say who's fault was that.

Result: Dead people.
Initiator: Jamat-E-Islami

@aazidane, @BDforever

Government forces today killed 63 people. When two groups are armed and fight each other it is a civil war but when one group is armed and kills the other it is genocide.

Atleast Bangladesh doesn't have Palin.

Palin is politically dead.

I think @BDforever and @ShadowFaux your views are probably the most rational I found or atleast I can comprehend because some commentators in the opposition from bangladaise are point out to some kind of inde inspired conspiracy and I simply do not see a firm source confirming that. I am taking a step back from the opposition view because I simply cannot understand the opposition forum members positions as I found no links online confirming of government sponsored genocide however I do see the politican angle that the azzidane pointed out earlier but for the sake of this international tribunal, I think based on the pictures on CBC, the people overwhelmingly support the internation tribunals for the sake of healing the damage of the countrie.

While I personally have not been to pakistan yet , I will still apologize for what my ancestors committed on your countrie as my extended familie members(never personally met them) did serve in the armforces at that period and merci for not misjudging me and I did particularly enjoy the civil discussion but I have to for jog now :)

It is not for you, or me, or any other person to start sitting in judgement on courts, whether on Bangladeshi courts, or Pakistani courts or Indian courts. They do consider evidence, they do come to conclusions, and these conclusions are not always to popular liking. That is no reason to contest them and to propose violent uprisings in protest. It is this attitude which has led to the sorry state of Pakistan today, and you will still find some Pakistanis, increasingly in the minority, who think that the rule of law counts for little, or nothing. They are behind the misery of their nation. So will you be, if you do not change, and join the bulk of your population that seeks to do things in broad daylight, not in criminal darkness, and that upholds the rule of law.

Your points are well made but somewhat misguided. Vigilance by an well informed polity is the only protection that democracy has. I am not proposing violent reaction or violence of any sort.

But conviction on the basis on political convinience does not bode well for any society. Descision of the court must by necessity be able to withstand scrutiny. ICT does not. Don't take my word.... See International Court of Justice concerns regarding the conduct and standard vis-a-vis ICT.

It's judgement are partisan and I fear the long term damage it will do the fabric of democracy and well being of BD.

And what is the difference between what you have said and the headline?

Welcome back! Thread title was different when I posted/reported. It said Jamaat men set fire on temples and target Hindu community all over Bangladesh. @ShadowFaux knows it well though he very cunningly thanked your post.

I think @BDforever and @ShadowFaux your views are probably the most rational I found or atleast I can comprehend because some commentators in the opposition from bangladaise are point out to some kind of inde inspired conspiracy and I simply do not see a firm source confirming that. I am taking a step back from the opposition view because I simply cannot understand the opposition forum members positions as I found no links online confirming of government sponsored genocide however I do see the politican angle that the azzidane pointed out earlier but for the sake of this international tribunal, I think based on the pictures on CBC, the people overwhelmingly support the internation tribunals for the sake of healing the damage of the countrie.

While I personally have not been to pakistan yet , I will still apologize for what my ancestors committed on your countrie as my extended familie members(never personally met them) did serve in the armforces at that period and merci for not misjudging me and I did particularly enjoy the civil discussion but I have to for jog now :)

my point is simple ,
1.do not be biased to any party, always be honest or you will be sufferer in future for being biased , may be by same party.
2. I do not blame current generation for what their past generation did. But love to see official apology from other side to increase co-operation between countries :)

Merci bro. Bientôt!

Awami League govt has many faults. The tribunal is not of the highest standard. But the war criminals have really commited heinous crimes in 1971 and some of them are self proclaimed ones. The govt built a week case in order to keep the 'war criminals' card alive for the upcoming elections. And then the following happened-

2013 Shahbag protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/233660-shahbagh-square-new-rise.html

Please have a look. Talk to you soon!

BNP knows this all well.......Shahbag uprising: India should stand by read this!

I never read Indian media for they are known to be worse than cheap tabloids in their reliability or professionalism. While I was about to be infuriated at the insinuations of those bloody **** that Bangladesh is their "playground" to mess up with, thankfully, there had to be comic relief somewhere: they claimed themselves as an "emerging superpower" when they are afflicted with the highest number of poor, hungry, sanitationless, malnourished, illiterate, Deva Dasi and Nanga Sadhu population in the whole world!

On topic

I hope the 18-party alliance remains intact, and I also hope, countries like China can be more actively involved by this alliance (we need to brief the relevant administrative units in China with a background on the politics of Bangladesh, and a brief background on Indian evil designs). A few influential Muslim countries can also be sought help from for their immense 'cash reserves' might come in handy, though I don't see them being able to do much else. Ultimately, the inclusion of Western powers in the camp might just tilt the balance decisively in favour of Bangladesh against India and its paid agents.

I never read Indian media for they are known to be worse than cheap tabloids in their reliability or professionalism. While I was about to be infuriated at the insinuations of those bloody **** that Bangladesh is their "playground" to mess up with, thankfully, there had to be comic relief somewhere: they claimed themselves as an "emerging superpower" when they are afflicted with the highest number of poor, hungry, sanitationless, malnourished, illiterate, Deva Dasi and Nanga Sadhu population in the whole world!

On topic

I hope the 18-party alliance remains intact, and I also hope, countries like China can be more actively involved by this alliance (we need to brief the relevant administrative units in China with a background on the politics of Bangladesh, and a brief background on Indian evil designs). A few influential Muslim countries can also be sought help from for their immense 'cash reserves' might come in handy, though I don't see them being able to do much else. Ultimately, the inclusion of Western powers in the camp might just tilt the balance decisively in favour of Bangladesh against India and its paid agents.

I am eagerly waiting for Khaleda Zia's press conference tomorrow.......it is a very important press conference. She might bring up India's involvement, lets see what route she decides to take. She has been advised to push India, let see if she takes the route...i cant discuss more.

Welcome back! Thread title was different when I posted/reported. It said Jamaat men set fire on temples and target Hindu community all over Bangladesh. @ShadowFaux knows it well though he very cunningly thanked your post.
@Joe Shearer, @Skallagrim,

I sincerely didn't notice that the thread title had changed. Anyway, in my opinion it shouldn't have been changed.
@madx, BDforever, I remember one of you posting a link with reports of attacks on several temples by Jamat activists.

Can you give Joe the link please?

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom