What's new

J-31, a long way to come on board

Same as F-35, an aircraft inferior to F-22 and yet many countries queuing for it.

You shall worry more about your superpower Turkey able to accomplish the so called stealth project. I will not be surprised you told others Turkey will have military budget of USD450billion every year and will overtake US soon in all field in few years time. :lol:

If thats an Answer to my question, then you have scored the deal of J-31 for PLAAF :P

Shenyang is such a powerful organization, and is so much confident about its new 5th Gen Jet. But still is unable to Convince its own Airforce to go forward with the project. Whats the requirement of PLAAF and PLAN which J-31 can't fulfill !
I am interested to listen about that.

They don't need to worry but customers do ask these questions. Have you seen any Airforce in world who ignore a top class bird and go for other bird even if has abundant of Budget ?
If J-31 is that much capable PLAAF and PLAN should not have ignored it. Again I am interested to listen about the requirements of PLAAF and PLAN that J-31 won't fulfill.

That is not how the decision process is made.

Just because the YF22 beat the YF23, does it mean the YF23 is a bad plane? No, it is an excellent plane; it's just that the proposals that Lockheed made at the time the prototypes were made better suited the US Air Force's requirements and the political climate at the time.

Just because Lockheed+Boeing lost the LRS-B contract to Northrop Grumman, does it mean that Lockheed+Boeing's combined technical capacity is weaker than Northrop? By no means!

There was a competition between Shenyang and Chengdu to develop China's premier 5th Gen fighter, and just like any other fighter competition, factors such as cost/ability to deliver/political factors all heavily influence the outcome. Some say Chengdu's design was more innovative at the time or that the government wanted to create competition/a balance of power between the two(because Shenyang is definitely the more powerful player at the time). China has limited funds and needed to focus on one project to get the best for the money it has.

(This was in an interview with an Air Force general which I can't find the link to now) The J-31 is born because Shenyang had accumulated so much technical talent and financial power, they thought it'd be a waste if they didn't leverage their assets to develop a 5th Gen fighter. The chance of the PLA ordering something that they make from the proposal which lost is going to be quite low, but they believe a future market will exist for their plane in the form of exports; and who knows if successful the PLA may take a second look.

Thank about it, if they make another F22/J20 sized 5th Gen fighter, how many countries will have the funds to buy it? Very few will have the money or the requirements. The F22 production, if restarted, would cost the US themselves $300Mil+ each now, and if exported it may be close to $400M or even above. Now if you lower the cost and size of the aircraft to something resembling the F35 (the J31) - now many countries will be able to afford 5th Gen with a more limited budget (e.g. Pakistan).

I don't have time to write more now, but I hope this makes it clear to people why the J31 was developed in the first place.

even India is better than Turkey in this filed.

Turkey can't even make a LCA level jet by itself and looking for F35 or J31!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

China's GDP more than 11T, India's GDP more than 2T.

China spent 20 years on J10 and 30 years time on 14T WS-10 engine.

India spent 40 years time on LCA.

Turkey ??????

what about Turkey's long range air defence missile program?

why nobody doing TOT to Turkey?

how many years that Turkey wasted and it takes Turkey how many decades to make something similar as HQ-9 system by itself?

Last edited:
even India is better than Turkey in this filed.

Turkey can't even make a LCA level jet by itself and looking for F35 or J31!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now thats heights of Jealousy !
Stay on J-31, don't target on others.
We are Only and Only talking about J-31 so stay on it.

Sir g The Production of J-31 is dated on 2024 already it's not gonna come earlier. Plus Chinese does have many other Projects on going..

They are working on J-20 and most of it's tech will in infused in J-31 Like US did it with F-35

How can I create a new thread???

image.jpeg

Height of the jealousy? You mean we Chinese member are jealousy of Turkey superpower aviation technology or Turkey unlimited wealth? :lol:

I think you shall wake up from your reality. If most pakistanis having this kind of delusion. It is dangerous for the development of Pakistan.

Height of the jealousy? You mean we Chinese member are jealousy of Turkey superpower aviation technology or Turkey unlimited wealth? :lol:

I think you shall wake up from your reality. If most pakistanis having this kind of delusion. It is dangerous for the development of Pakistan.
lol thats nice. Was this point related to J-31 :P ?

i think we should persuade chinese for j20 sales to pakistan in limited numbers. 36 atleast.

i think we should persuade chinese for j20 sales to pakistan in limited numbers. 36 atleast.
Thats what I am trying to say. We should go forward with the project that The Major Stakeholders are Funding !
Not with the side project. Obviously there might be some reason for which PLAAF and PLAN are not going forward with this project. And I am interested to hear that reason. I asked same from some Chinese friends, but instead of Answering me with Proper reason and statement they have started personal attacks on some other Country. If they are ready to open J-20 for sales, thats enough convincing for us.

lol thats nice. Was this point related to J-31 :P ?
That question shall be shot back at you? Why bring in jealousy issue when none such thing exist and not related. I am just responding to one of your reply and yet you dare to question the relation?

Your delusion brings Pakistan no good. What you are doing is harming Pakistan.

That question shall be shot back at you? Why bring in jealousy issue when none such thing exist and not related. I am just responding to one of your reply and yet you dare to question the relation?
That *Jealousy* comment was in a lighter note. You have taken it seriously. :P

Do u know that j20 costs the same as f16 blk52...8@ million dollars....still j20 would be one of greatest assets of Pakistan if acquired...lots of capability gaps will be filled

Back
Top Bottom