What's new

J-31, a long way to come on board

Hi,

The JH7B would cost around 20-30 million plus upgrades of electronics----.

You already have all the weapons that are needed to be used on this aircraft.

Thats what I was talking about !
That 150 Million USD Claim was Horrible :3

What??? An f22 costed 170 million dollars....
Yeahh but according to @Paksanity it costs 150 Million USD. He might be mistaken :)

Thats what I was talking about !
That 150 Million USD Claim was Horrible :3

Yeahh but according to @Paksanity it costs 150 Million USD. He might be mistaken :)

No, I am not. At say $35 million Chinese production plant will push the aircraft out of its factory gate. Now what will you do with it? There is no pilot, no technician and zero spares and weapons. Aircraft has Chinese written all over it and there isn't a clue what is what. Now what?

What Is the FC-31stealth aircraft role in air combet is it bomber or fighter or special mission air craft. Is the stealth aircraft have limited role because of there small armanent capacity ???
I don't think the PAF needs to worry about stealth.

If the PAF were to approach SAC with $500 million in first-round funding, it should ask for a next-generation Rafale or Super Hornet. Yes, keep the RCS as low as possible, but please do not compromise on range, payload, maneuverability, etc. What decisive difference will stealth make in a world of AESA radars and AESA-based ECM/EW and UHF/VHF output?

Sure, the internal weapons bay would be nice, but we'll only use it for very specific tasks, such as trying to quietly lob a pre-emptive stand-off strike onto India. But that is only one task. The FC-31 will have a lot more work to do, it'll have to go up in the air and fight Flankers, Rafales, Super Bugs, PAK-FA, AMCA, CHAMCHA, etc. If having a good all-round fighter means compromising the RCS somewhat, then I am all for it.

Last edited:
Hello All
J31 is defiantly a good bird , Mixture of lot of 5th Gen , with all of its good its still a medium 5th Gen(max but extremely good one ).. The bird will not be available for mass production until 2025 still lot of work to do , What Pakistan should do is keep investing money in this bird , Push China to complete J31 ASAP, Even if it comes in 2025 that's ok for us we can Start Replacing all of our F16 with them , Our economy will be in good shape around 2025 we can easily build 120 J31 in Pakistan,
Joining Turkeys TFX program not only bring Heavy 5th Gen bird but also brings Western and Eastern combo ,, A good and deadly , If Pakistan and Turkey Joins Hand together both can bring this bird out in air till 2030, Again Ideal time,
And Pakistan also need one more single engine 4++ gen and heavy 4.5++ gen bird (either buy or build ) options are Only Chines Birds with TOT and with western Avionics and Other stuff , A quicker easy and less expensive way to have numbers and Technology In PAF , For countering IAF huge numbers and advance Tech. .
Thank you all

webj-31-takeoff.jpg

Considering where the Prototype is F-31 , it closely resembles a in production plane or very close to it

700 Million is more suited to be invested in this platform. Just put a down payment with the Chinese Corporation and book it

• Twin Engine
  • Stealth Design
  • Weapons located in internal bays
  • New Radars /Avionics

This should be the focus for investment not mere 8 F16

chinese_sac_j-31_3d_model_3d_model_3ds_c4d_lwo_lw_lws_max_1fbcf56b-bb73-4e13-99e2-683fc482357f.jpg

j-31-0.jpg

Uqxn0Kf.jpg

j-31-vs-f-35_.png

Last edited:
I heard they made agreement with either BAE or LM to purchase their engines
Not purchasing, Eurojet is helping Turkey develop their own engine based on Ej200. Turkey will own the engine in every aspect.

Funding for FC-31 could be an issue but not technology. Then how to solve it? Tracing development route of JAS-39 and KC-390 could give you the answer. Time will save money for any project.

No, I am not. At say $35 million Chinese production plant will push the aircraft out of its factory gate. Now what will you do with it? There is no pilot, no technician and zero spares and weapons. Aircraft has Chinese written all over it and there isn't a clue what is what. Now what?

Hi,

As PLAAF's primary focus is on the J16---the J7HB plant would be very willing to come up with a under million cost per aircraft with everything posted in english and a digital glass dashboard and air refuelling probe--- to keep the factory rolling---a 1550 T / R module aesa would cost around 6-7 million dollars---.

So---around 35---45 million dollars a piece you have a very well round heavy strike aircraft that can carry 10000 KG load----can carry and launch around 10-12 BVR missiles---or multiple long range standoff weapons---has the ability to stay in the air for a long time.

It can carry a very heavy jammer to support the mission of other aircraft----.

The F 16 cannot do what this aircraft can do----specially in the naval support role and working as a Growler type aircraft---.

Now you made a comment that there would be a plethora of aircraft protecting it---where di you get that info from.

Well according to the updated model of J-31 this prototype should have a needle thing at the end of the nose, other than that it resembles the updated model.
@The Eagle @Quwa @Horus

A computer generated image not the real one.

However, I don't know why the few of our friends portraying the FC-31 as impotent or useless project. No it isn't but FC-31 is a secondary project for China and currently J-20 is more concern of them being heavy, large with longest range than FC-31. So also, FC-31 will be soon the choice of Chinese Navy as the concept is based around the same and speculated as well since start. As soon as China finalized the J-20, we will be watching more improvements in FC-31 as the attention will be diverted to the same so also, tech wouldn't be an issue as will be integrated based upon experience with J-20. FC-31 is going to be a well capable platform so also Pakistan has no other choice of such platform right now or to be inducted sooner from any where else but China. FC-31 fits the bill as per expected capability, availability, friendly supplier, being part of development since start and the R&D of China that matured throughout the way of J-20 so the FC-31 wouldn't be an issue of long waited item. TFX is going to be involving the West which is not always in favour of Pakistan so participation in such program is going to face hurdles for ourselves. Stick with FC-31 as there is no any other platform in same category that would have materialized or make it out of drawing board phase that quick or available. Missing such opportunity will cost us more time which will end with a big threat and lack of security. We are not in hurry with respect to induction of FC-31 as we have no urgent threat from our enemy in that category but by the time our rival may have hands on advance AC, FC-31 will be showing drastic improvement as well as promising future.

Also, in the meantime, a 4.5 or ++ platform is needed for its long range due to our maritime requirement and extended EEZ as well as for CPEC till the FC-31 finalizes however, seems like PAF will be relying on combo of current F-16s and mix of JFTs till the induction of FC-31 though officials knows better but an AC with advance AESA and range is needed, indeed.

Last edited:
I think moving the project to Pakistan would not be a good idea probably due to lack of required infrastructure,personnel, and advanced jet engineering expertise....even if China were to train and establish such required infrastructure the costs would be so high that it would be enough to fund the j31 Programme in China...

I agree with you as j31 having 5 th Gen capabilities can be deployed on aircraft carrier which would supplement the j15 or vice versa...
Thats why we needto wait .... if they make it we will buy .... andif abandon it we can grab it

Nobody said it was easy, but the Turks have the commitment, the money and the resources to pull it off.
again, maybe it sounds exaggerated but its impossible for them to do so````high tech is not for them to master not even for India

Please tell me if PLAN doesn't wanna induct J31, then what the heck of fighter they wanna induct? J15 is not stealthy and J20 variant is too large. I strongly believe that PLAN will induct J31! The industrial base of Turkey is not good enough to support a 5th gen fighter development, even UK/France/German can't.

Back
Top Bottom