What's new

J-20 in trouble? The engine problem can stall the devlopment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude u know no body cares abt u we all r just having fun and enjoying a noob troll who can grow in a big one once properly fed so if u say chines engins r less than 90 well wt can we say lets let u stay in dreams

This post is about a Chinese air craft, WITH a TURBOFAN.... Pak doesn't even have a R&D center for such project, why are u trolling

Planes , radars are different from ENGINES.... The turbo fans are the hardest part... to BE HONEST SWEDISH GRIPPIN IS ALSO BETTER THN ANY PLANE CHINA AND INDIA CAME OUT WITH...

BUT THEY LACK AN ENGINE, THEY USE A GE 404

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

This was coming from the guy who first leaked the information of J-10B and J-20. Do you expect i trust him or some anonymous Internet troll?

here u go:
Sources indicate the twin-engine J-20 prototype could be using the Russian-built Saturn 117S (AL-41F1A) engine, the same being used in the T-50 and Su-35 prototypes. China has expressed interest in procuring large quantities of the Saturn 117S from Russia and rumors at the recent Zhuhai Airshow in China indicate a J-20 prototype had been outfitted with the 117S.

^^^^^^^^
Photos of Chinese 5th-Generation Fighter Revealed - Defense News

This post is about a Chinese air craft, WITH a TURBOFAN.... Pak doesn't even have a R&D center for such project, why are u trolling

and thats the first strike against PAK ladies and gentelmen our hero with little or no knowledge of aircraft industry what so ever is charging through the enemy lines a lone supporter for india (as he thinks) he is running ever so close to the enemy his media says is the worst of kind and lack R&D centers.our hero the lebrator of the troll kind is without doubt not aware of PAC but forgetting that see how bravely he stands his ground with no real ground facts.....

here u go:
Sources indicate the twin-engine J-20 prototype could be using the Russian-built Saturn 117S (AL-41F1A) engine, the same being used in the T-50 and Su-35 prototypes. China has expressed interest in procuring large quantities of the Saturn 117S from Russia and rumors at the recent Zhuhai Airshow in China indicate a J-20 prototype had been outfitted with the 117S.

^^^^^^^^
Photos of Chinese 5th-Generation Fighter Revealed - Defense News

Where does it say WS-15 is 90KN?

If you had a better knowledge of history you would realise that China does not need to "overtake" the US in turbofan technology. All it needs is an engine that provides power in the range 170KN+ for J-20 to be a serious air superiority fighter but be "reliable enough". Since the J-20 is a twin engine fighter each turbofan does not need to be as reliable as engines like the F100 in the F-16 as the fighter can always land on one engine if the other one fails. What is important is reaching the thrust levels while achieving a decent level of reliability.

China's engine designers openly admit that it could be 2040 till they reach US levels of turbofan technology. As long as the J-20 has good avionics and a good airframe, the inability to design an engine as reliable as the US will matter little. After all, did the AL-31 in the SU-27 reach the level of the F-100 in the F-15? No it did not but the Su-27 was not considered an inferior fighter as it could deliver the same levels of thrust as the F-15 and hence it had better maneuverability due to a better airframe.

We still have a lot job to work on our engine, even our main chief designer wants to be more humble and leave more room for development. But the expected goal is setting around 2025-2030 to rival US in the engine field hopefully.

Where does it say WS-15 is 90KN?

IT doesn't have to, because if WS-15 was 130Kn plus like what ppl say, The article would have said they USED WS-15 instead of Al-41A(S-117)

IT doesn't have to, because if WS-15 was 130Kn plus like what ppl say, The article would have said they USED WS-15 instead of Al-41A(S-117)

Yeah, but we don't have any 117 engine, you have to ask the Russians to sell us this engine first.

PLease PROVIDE ME THE LINK ABOUT THIS 100+ kN... and i will close my thread!

DIDN't the CHINESE buy Russian englines RD-91 for JF-17?? HAHAHAH now all of a sudden the are supperior to Russia...

GUYS IF THIS IS ALL TRUE, WHY WOULD J-20 USE S-117(Al-41F) with 143 kN engines for FIRST FLIGHT????????

NEWS DEVELOPMENTS IN RUSSIA-CHINA MILITARY RELATIONS: A REPORT ON THE AUGUST 19-23 2003 MOSCOW AEROSPACE SALON (MAKS)

US government source: 132 kN

WS-10A is serving in the Chinese airforce; Kaveri is at 80 kN~ and no where near complete

India is inferior to China

Close your thread.

dude admit it ur claim was base less u cant provide any link all u r doing is STALLING ur TROLLING (thats a cool word and i made it up )

Um, do you know what a prototype is?

WS-15 Performance:

Maximum thrust:
Prototype: 16,500 kilograms (36,000 lb) with afterburner
Goal: 18,350 kilograms (40,500 lb) / (180 kilonewtons (40,000 lbf)) with afterburner
Thrust-to-weight ratio:
Prototype: 9
Goal: 10

LOL that is probably written by a chinese person hence Chinese-Us relations

J-20 is not 80,000 pounds. If it was, it would need afterburners to take off from such a short distance.
It is clear the many J-20 flights (I stopped counting) are driving some Hindus insane. The Typhoon or Rafale (even if you could build and source it in India) is still years and years away.

PLease PROVIDE ME THE LINK ABOUT THIS 100+ kN... and i will close my thread!

DIDN't the CHINESE buy Russian englines RD-91 for JF-17?? HAHAHAH now all of a sudden the are supperior to Russia...

GUYS IF THIS IS ALL TRUE, WHY WOULD J-20 USE S-117(Al-41F) with 143 kN engines for FIRST FLIGHT????????

NEWS DEVELOPMENTS IN RUSSIA-CHINA MILITARY RELATIONS: A REPORT ON THE AUGUST 19-23 2003 MOSCOW AEROSPACE SALON (MAKS)

US government source: 132 kN

WS-10A is serving in the Chinese airforce; Kaveri is at 80 kN~ and no where near complete

India is inferior to China

Close your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom