What's new

J-10C for PAF - Hypothetical Scenario

My only reservation about J-10 is that it's bigger than both the Typhoon and Rafale and almost the same size as the F/A-18, yet it only has a single-engine.
F-35 is also single engine but its biggest single engine
question I have about J 10 engine is about the adequacy of engine to the J 10. is it under powered or fine?

question I have about J 10 engine is about the adequacy of engine to the J 10. is it under powered or fine?
Yes, it's single-engine but a considerably powerful one but the main thing is it's the same size as an F-16.

Fine, WS-10 engine is in the same class as in our F-16 Block 52

IMG_5092.JPG

IMG_5091.JPG

Nothing wrong with J-10c but engine is a problem area for a long time.

See here is the problem ( more of a design constraint )

The higher the thrust, the lower the reliability. This is due to the fact, that the materials we have now
can only take so much pressure and temperature.

Unless, there is a breakthrough of some wonder element's discovery, this is how things will remain.

Going back to what @Windjammer said, about single engine.
Another way to think of this is , instead of depending on one engine and strain's it's MTBF, better to use two
and let them take it easy.

J-10 C/P will join Pakistan Air force (for replacing Mirages)..
Only way of stopping them joining PAF is IF USA give Pakistan F-16s (30+ new and upgrade to current fleet) .
JF-17 / JF-17NG will replace F-6s and F7s and will be back bone of PAF ..

I recall all of those crashes were engine failure or birdstrike at low altitude or pilot in low altitude training unfortunately had misjudged things which is most common cause for military fighter accident.

The technology and fly by wire is proven even in A model and B and C and S models. Unlike Gripen which had serious fly by wire problems. Take a look. Only a hundred maybe Gripen fighters manufactured and crash at least three or four from memory. Most of those are serious design problem. Software bugs and mysterious problems actually quite common for control programs. F-22 also had issue in the past and J-15 too.

A and S model of J-10 crashed because they are most numbers in PLAAF. Also flied for longer. Probability of accident is calculated from exposure to risk.

Comparing J-10 with JF-17 is silly because J-10 is much more expensive for not much more difference to PAF. It is worth for PLAAF because different situations, enemies and range of fight. PAF should just be investing in 5th generation and upgrading JF-17. Not buy J-10 and waste money for little improvement.

Exactly, you have got a chance, you know that there is no coming back for the pilot and the plane. Why not utilise the chance to go full truck. But, having truck load has its own problems such as Huge rcs, more prone to get hit

Hi,

You are correct---but if one gets thru---you want the truck load to get thru---.

So---unless you don't have a tuck handy---the bicycle will claim victory.

What does it proves?

Are you trying to tell me a combat plane has never crashed before?

See the link and what will it implies what? You are making an ridiculous claim... Can you act more like an adult?

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/mishaps-and-accidents/year/2018/

Hi,

A lot of these are BIRD STRIKE victims---.

But then it also depends to what extremes the Plaaf is testing this aircraft---and also is it a pilot issue as well---.

Hi,

You are correct---but if one gets thru---you want the truck load to get thru---.

So---unless you don't have a tuck handy---the bicycle will claim victory.

Hi,

A lot of these are BIRD STRIKE victims---.

But then it also depends to what extremes the Plaaf is testing this aircraft---and also is it a pilot issue as well---.
Unless we have 8 dedicated bicycles, requires 8 sacrifices.

Final time I will say this here but again, MiG-31 is the best option for Pakistan however unrealistic. Pakistan would win the air war completely if it could only take out Indian AWACS will using Pakistani AWACS to completely decimate Indian air force BVRAAM combat.

th

Final time I will say this here but again, MiG-31 is the best option for Pakistan however unrealistic. Pakistan would win the air war completely if it could only take out Indian AWACS will using Pakistani AWACS to completely decimate Indian air force BVRAAM combat.

th

If only it is an option.
Can not be procured.
If procured (Kazakhstan etc.), can not be maintained.
Does not offer anything substantial to country like Pakistan
There is just no functional scenario where Mig-31 with medium range air to air missile can take out AWACS, unless it is a Kamikaze mission, and in that case any fighter aircraft can be used with 50% probability of mission success and 5% probability of survival, Mig-31 will have slightly better probability of survival.
Using a heavy twin engine fighter with something similar to "ASALM" is probably the best approach.

If only it is an option.
Can not be procured.
If procured (Kazakhstan etc.), can not be maintained.
Does not offer anything substantial to country like Pakistan
There is just no functional scenario where Mig-31 with medium range air to air missile can take out AWACS, unless it is a Kamikaze mission, and in that case any fighter aircraft can be used with 50% probability of mission success and 5% probability of survival, Mig-31 will have slightly better probability of survival.
Using a heavy twin engine fighter with something similar to "ASALM" is probably the best approach.
Medium range missiles? 300+km range missiles are under development for it.
800px-MAKS_Airshow_2013_%28Ramenskoye_Airport%2C_Russia%29_%28524-21%29.jpg

th
Useless for Pakistan

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom