What's new

J-10C for PAF - Hypothetical Scenario

At least, J-20 can "kill" China's AWACS in PLAAF's exercises...
Yeah, but there are a lot of variables in play irl combat vs USN, and USAF.

they have to cover whole Pakistan where their long range ground based AESA could not able to reach, their AWACS need to come close 100-150 km from border, if not tell me what is the purpose of their AWACS, and do research before you post here
Why would they cover whole of Pakistan? They just need to cover where their fighters are operating.

AWACS is for vectoring and organizing your fighters instead of them operating independently or in small groups.
For what purpose, give early warning to higher command and then give your fighter a vectoring organizing, AWACS fly at high altitude and look further/deep inside on the enemy territory where you ground based radars can't able to reach

For what purpose, give early warning to higher command and then give your fighter a vectoring organizing, AWACS fly at high altitude and look further/deep inside on the enemy territory where you ground based radars can't able to reach
Designed to detect aircraft, ships and vehicles at long ranges and perform command and control of the battlespace in an air engagement by directing fighter and attack aircraft strikes. COMMAND AND CONTROL, and yes it is for detecting fighters at longer ranges but doesn't have to perform that role in a dangerous situation.

Designed to detect aircraft, ships and vehicles at long ranges and perform command and control of the battlespace in an air engagement by directing fighter and attack aircraft strikes. COMMAND AND CONTROL, and yes it is for detecting fighters at longer ranges but doesn't have to perform that role in a dangerous situation.
Don't need to come close but in India/Pakistan scenario, Both air force AWACS will come come closer to border to look deep inside in the enemy airspace

Pakistan will start building JF-17 Block 3 and will continue that until 5th generation fighter is ready. As we all know AZM won't be ready until 2030, do we need and can we afford medium weight fighter before AZM is ready? If yes, What gadgets from J-20 can be integrated into J-10C?

One key point, in my humble opinion, that many of the detractors of the J-10C acquisition are missing is that J-10C has a greater survivalability factored in due to it's ...
1) More powerful AESA Radar.
2) More power available for it's EW suite.
3) Better payload than the Thunder.

You can do what you need to do more assuredly, when you have a better chance of survival. Against a numerically superior enemy, that is a vital factor no matter how slim. It could be the margin between getting the job done or not.

No matter whatever you say ... China is the source of both fighters and it chose the J-10. If the cost is too much of an issue then I think we should at least get a couple of squadrons to have a backup foil to our Thunders and Mirages in strike missions especially. It can also be a compliment to our Vipers and helping extend their duration in service by taking some of the load off. It will be a completely unknown quality to the enemy ... EW wise.

Just my opinion.

It is a dream, is China developing anything for taking out American AWACS?
I am surprised you never heard of this big news 2-3 years ago....

https://www.businessinsider.sg/chin...scle-us-out-south-china-sea-2017-1/?r=US&IR=T

588a352e475752ee018b4a14.jpg

Btw, to killed a AWACS is not just about hard killing... AEW/ AWACS jamming to limit AWACS range and normal fighter jet with standard BVRAAM close in too , can killed an AWACS.

J-10C would only be a small increase in performance which is not worth it. Its rcs are too big as well. We are looking at a grneration leap right now. 4 and 4.5 gen is just here for 10 to 15 more years only

Back
Top Bottom