What's new

J-10 a strategic choice for Bangladesh Air Force

It works both way as BD would also know JF-17 inside out.

The real issue is that China may take Myanmar's side in any conflict but the corona issue will put China on the defensive and so they may stay neutral.

Already happening with BA as major weapons systems from West/Turkey and China will flow in this year and next. Contracts signed last year for these purchases.

BAF will also follow the same pattern of procurements.

Enjoy honeymoon period, BD will also learn lesson hard way as Pakistan, we are not stupid that we pushed for local weapons production even if they are 20% below par of top of the line western systems, in war supply chain matters most.

Kindly share specs of both PAF JFT and Burmese FC-1/JFT??

You even don't know what is real difference don't you.

Its as same as USAF F-16 and 3rd world F-16s in its time.

Enjoy honeymoon period, BD will also learn lesson hard way as Pakistan, we are not stupid that we pushed for local weapons production even if they are 20% below par of top of the line western systems, in war supply chain matters most.

Those major systems are Chinese.
You are totally reliant on Chinese.

BD is balancing West/Turkey and China.

You are nearly all Chinese and so they can sanction you any time they want.

What are the differences?

It has all Chinese systems with only Chinese weapons delivery capability and its export version too means even those are water downed.

BD will also learn lesson hard way as Pakistan, we are not stupid that we pushed for local weapons production even if they are 20% below par of top of the line western systems, in war supply chain matters most.
Here I'll agree with you.
Indigenous production is the key.No use getting top of the line weapons if we can't use them effectively in a war for the lack of spares.

Those major systems are Chinese.
You are totally reliant on Chinese.

BD is balancing West/Turkey and China.

You are nearly all Chinese and so they can sanction you any time they want.

Really, this shows how much knowledge you have about Pakistan military.

JFT has western EW systems which handled most advanced EW systems pitched by India on 27th February 2019, they were able to lock M2Ks and never allowed enemy to get a lock on them inside enemy area.

They also have POD , weapons and other systems which are not Chinese but made in Pakistan now.

BD can't balance West/Turkey and China, but just balances its wallet.

Have you looked at BA procurement this year and next?

MLRS are coming from Turkey
MANPADS from Sweden
Tanks from China.

This is just a drop of what is coming and in total it will come to many billions of US dollars.

BD has defence budget of 5 billion US dollar a year and that grows in line with the rate of it's economy.

After the coronavirus pandemic is over, BD will be looking to place multi-billion dollar orders for fighter aircraft.

You must think that BD is a failed economy like some others you sell to.

Really, this shows how much knowledge you have about Pakistan military.

JFT has western EW systems which handled most advanced EW systems pitched by India on 27th February 2019, they were able to lock M2Ks and never allowed enemy to get a lock on them inside enemy area.

They also have POD , weapons and other systems which are not Chinese but made in Pakistan now.

Talk when your radars and missiles are not Chinese.
China can easily give away the secrets to your enemies to neutralise your military.
China holds all the cards with you guys and you know it.:D

Anyway we are diverting away from whether J-10 is a good choice for BD and my opinion is that it is too late and BAF should look at being one of the launch customers for FC-31 when it starts rolling out middle of this decade.

BD can't balance West/Turkey and China, but just balances its wallet.
Coincidentally,balancing our wallet also allow us to keep balance between West & China.

China can't be trusted on Myanmar.And West can't be trusted on India.
And we're too poor to go fully Western either way.

So instead we should go for some Chinese systems & some Western systems.
This helps keep the balance, and also cuts down procurement costs since Chinese weapons are cheaper and cost effective.

I have a suggestion way out of left field ...

Why doesn't Bangladesh co-invest in Turkey's Hürjet?

It looks like the BAF's goal is to get a good mainstay multi-role combat aircraft. Well, with a F404/EJ200-class engine, 7 hardpoints and payload of 3,000 kg, the Hürjet has all the technical specs of a lightweight fighter.

Moreover, the Turks are developing a turn-key solution, i.e., AESA radar, AESA-based EW/ECM, next-gen HMI, air-to-air weapons, stand-off weapons, precision-guided weapons, etc. You will not have to worry about third-party weapon suppliers.

With a requirement for 8-10 squadrons, the BAF will shore up the numbers to justify local co-production, and TAI might even co-invest in that capacity (a solid capital injection in BD's aerospace industry). It could very well be your own JF-17 program, but with a a much more advanced platform as a starting point.

MANPADS from Sweden
Tanks from China.

This is just a drop of what is coming and in total it will come to many billions of US dollars.

BD has defence budget of 5 billion US dollar a year and that grows in line with the rate of it's economy.

After the coronavirus pandemic is over, BD will be looking to place multi-billion dollar orders for fighter aircraft.

Talk when your radars and missiles are not Chinese.
China can easily give away the secrets to your enemies to neutralise your military.
China holds all the cards with you guys and you know it.:D

Anyway we are diverting away from whether J-10 is a good choice for BD and my opinion is that it is too late and BAF should look at being one of the launch customers for FC-31 when it starts rolling out middle of this decade.

Once again your post is just filled with ego and shows you don't understand procurement system of Pakistani military when it comes to China, the F-7 BD fly were upgraded as per Pakistan requirements, 136 changes / upgrades were done to F-7s also F-7PG is was also made on Pakistani recommendations and the list goes on.

You think that US will compromise Israel?? Pakistan is China's Israel and China knew that they can not compromise us due to strategic implications on China.

Don't worry about missile and radar as those are already underdevelopment in AZM project.

First built a JV 4+ gen fighter in-house then lecture others.

Even radar and engine on JFT is heavily tweeked by Pakistan and now its above what OEM have mande in terms of capabilities.

MANPADS from Sweden
Tanks from China.

I drink Coke at one day, and then drink Pepsi at another day.
I am balancing two giants: Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola...

I drink Coke at one day, and then drink at Pepsi another day.
I am balancing two giants: Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola...

I have no idea what point you trying to make?

You keep saying BD cannot afford to buy from both West and China, then when proven otherwise you talk cryptically.

Back
Top Bottom