What's new

J-10 a strategic choice for Bangladesh Air Force

I have a suggestion way out of left field ...

Why doesn't Bangladesh co-invest in Turkey's Hürjet?

It looks like the BAF's goal is to get a good mainstay multi-role combat aircraft. Well, with a F404/EJ200-class engine, 7 hardpoints and payload of 3,000 kg, the Hürjet has all the technical specs of a lightweight fighter.

Moreover, the Turks are developing a turn-key solution, i.e., AESA radar, AESA-based EW/ECM, next-gen HMI, air-to-air weapons, stand-off weapons, precision-guided weapons, etc. You will not have to worry about third-party weapon suppliers.

With a requirement for 8-10 squadrons, the BAF will shore up the numbers to justify local co-production, and TAI might even co-invest in that capacity (a solid capital injection in BD's aerospace industry). It could very well be your own JF-17 program, but with a a much more advanced platform as a starting point.

Hurjet is in the league of Tejas/FA50 and it's not even in production yet nor flight tested while the other two are in production. Why should BD invest in a project in which Turkey is already late in? LCA's can not be mainstay of any major Airforce.

Hurjet is in the league of Tejas/FA50 and it's not even in production yet nor flight tested while the other two are in production. Why should BD invest in a project in which Turkey is already late in? LCA's can not be mainstay of any major Airforce.

Are you Bangladeshi? Did we even ask you to do Dalali for us? Who are you to dictate what we need or don't need??

we made you lol, we wont occupy you even if you begged us to.Delusions and fantasies of grandeur.

Perfect Sanghi narrative. 'Made' us. LOL Hilarious. :lol:

Walked in at the last minute in December 1971 like the Kanjoosis they are to offer 'mediation'. :lol:

A country full of Kanjoos Sanghi idiots who can't even view videos on their limited data plan - so they never post them.

Come back when you grow a backbone and some balls....effeminate shrieking idiots.

Not tired of MRCA online shopping?
You guys kept buying Su 30, MiG 35, F 16, Grippen, EFT, J 10 and blah blah since 2014.

Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG

we made you lol, we wont occupy you even if you begged us to.Delusions and fantasies of grandeur.

Are you Bangladeshi? Did we even ask you to do Dalali for us? Who are you to dictate what we need or don't need??

Lets TRY to keep this thread on topic!

Thanks!

I have a suggestion way out of left field ...

Why doesn't Bangladesh co-invest in Turkey's Hürjet?

It looks like the BAF's goal is to get a good mainstay multi-role combat aircraft. Well, with a F404/EJ200-class engine, 7 hardpoints and payload of 3,000 kg, the Hürjet has all the technical specs of a lightweight fighter.

Moreover, the Turks are developing a turn-key solution, i.e., AESA radar, AESA-based EW/ECM, next-gen HMI, air-to-air weapons, stand-off weapons, precision-guided weapons, etc. You will not have to worry about third-party weapon suppliers.

With a requirement for 8-10 squadrons, the BAF will shore up the numbers to justify local co-production, and TAI might even co-invest in that capacity (a solid capital injection in BD's aerospace industry). It could very well be your own JF-17 program, but with a a much more advanced platform as a starting point.

In theory what you are suggesting is great, but from a non-tactical viewpoint.

Does Hurjet have the kinematic performance BAF will want in its backbone fighter? (light fighter class ala FA-50)

I would hope/think BAF wants something more.

Also, I highly doubt BAF can/will field 8 to 10 squadrons of anything.

It would make sense for a country like Bangladesh to have a small to medium sized force, with the goals to adopt advanced tech/tactics and focus on quality rather than quantity.

I can't ever see BAF with 8-10 frontline squadrons.

At the most 4-6 full strength I would think. (And again at least anytime soon)

I just noticed Bangladesh is surrounded on all sides by India - how the hell did that happen?:blink:

it will be interesting to look at Indian bases around Bangladesh and get an appreciation of Bangladesh’s territorial waters and EEZ. I assume India is the principal threat?

BD has money now or did before corona hit.
Sure BD does have money but the political parties never gave much to BAF.
@Basel got some solid points . In war time supply chain matters most . More than who have how many or how much ever powerful weapon system .
Hypothetically rather than buying tons of jets c BAF may go for 1/2 squadron of interceptors , drones/ UAV and some transport aircrafts . Would give much more bang for bucks.

Sure BD does have money but the political parties never gave much to BAF.
@Basel got some solid points . In war time supply chain matters most . More than who have how many or how much ever powerful weapon system .
Hypothetically rather than buying tons of jets c BAF may go for 1/2 squadron of interceptors , drones/ UAV and some transport aircrafts . Would give much more bang for bucks.

Why BD don't go for JV in 4+ gen bird development with China or Russia??

What kind of enemies does Bangladesh have that require a J-10?

Best option cost wise is f16 but india will block it..
Another option is tejas
Gripen is an option but likely will be blocked by india
Typhoon is going to be very complicated risky and expensive
J10 is good option though if china makes it available

Mig29 & su30 ..dirt cheap to buy but too expensive to operate ..typical russian tactics

Best option cost wise is f16 but india will block it..
Another option is tejas
Gripen is an option but likely will be blocked by india
Typhoon is going to be very complicated risky and expensive
J10 is good option though if china makes it available

Mig29 & su30 ..dirt cheap to buy but too expensive to operate ..typical russian tactics

Bangladesh and India are allies. The United States does not care about the thinking of Russia and China, it is willing to sell weapons to Ukraine and Taiwan. The same is true of bangladesh and india

Back
Top Bottom