What's new

Its Baloch, not Balochi !!

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
most of us make a common mistake, as we say that those who live in Punjab are Punjabi, those who live in Sindh are Sindhi, and those who live in Balochistan are Balochi,

its not Balochi, its Baloch.

I know that when people say Balochi, its not a derogatory remark but a common language error.

so kindly avoid using it... maybe it feels bad to those who are sensitive.

doesnt matter

whether its pathan or pukhtun or pashtun, both are ok

those who feel offended should be really retarded

When 'Bharti' or 'Bharati' doesn't matter to you, I see no reason why Baloch or Balochi should matter to us.

Be the change you want to see. :)

...and just FYI, it's Bharatiya and not 'Bharti' or 'Bharati'.

When 'Bharti' or 'Bharati' doesn't matter to you, I see no reason why Baloch or Balochi should matter to us.

Yes, I really felt strange when I heard word Bharati for the first time. Pakistanis don't know we Indians use Bharati as a name first name for girls and last name for boys.

Generally people should not be called what they don't want themselves to be called. I don't have whatsoever any problem if someone calls me Bharti, Bharati, Martial, El Doradoian or whatever the eff they want, however it's been a growing trend among some Pakistanis and some wannbe-Pakistani Bangladeshis to deliberately miss-spell the word, well kinda annoying. I have no idea if it gives people ego boost or something while debating.

doesnt matter

whether its pathan or pukhtun or pashtun, both are ok

those who feel offended should be really retarded

Its about not offending others, to you it maybe okay- but to those being offended by it, its not okay-

bha=light/knowledge
rata=devoted

so bharata means devoted to light/knowledge

उत्तरं यत्समुद्रस्य हिमाद्रेश्चैव दक्षिणम् ।
वर्षं तद् भारतं नाम भारती यत्र संततिः ।।
"The country (varṣam) that lies north of the ocean and south of the snowy mountains is called Bhāratam; there dwell the descendants of Bharata."

Its balouchi , because that is how , the Language is by design

We need a Anti Terrorism bill passed to enforce some real ENFORCEMENT of lay and order in Balouchistan

Stop all supply of money and weapons from American consulate and American spies

Whatever Bharti.

Back
Top Bottom