What's new

Campus violence: Private varsity students thrashed for ‘speaking Balochi’

Last edited:
Read it again.
Aye aye sir!
And this is what I gleaned

They walked up to us and said ‘what are you saying to each other in Balochi?’” said Khalid, who was spending his first day on campus on Saturday after getting enrolled earlier in the day. “One of them smashed my head with a knuckleduster.”

DESERT FIGHTER said:
Waiting for medical report..
Monday....

DESERT FIGHTER said:
I saw them shouting Allah Hu Akbar and cheering .. They surely deserved what they got ..:tup:

Whoa!!!
You call that cheering???
I also "cheer" for Afridi when amongst my friends (yes Indians and Pakistanis)...but I dont provoke anyone.
The guys shouting "Allah hu akbar" had nothing to do with this.
In that case every mosque in India will have to be closed for they read namaz 5 times a day....
So again misconstruing.....
They deserved it...because they were celebrating India's loss...few of them even came running towards the Students who were cheering for India and provoked them.

DESERT FIGHTER said:
Nope .. Several friends cheers for India .. Heck once I won 50k .. Although my asshole frnd never paid ..:lol:
Been there...done that.:-)

DESERT FIGHTER said:
So Kashmiris are cakes? Bad example.. Pathetic?
Sorry....you misunderstood again.
India and Pakistan are cakes and kashmir is the icing on top of it. :)

Last edited:
Has it been established that the attack was motivated by racial/ethnic hate or is it merely a case of student feuds which are pretty common in Universities ? At the moment , it does look like gross " exaggeration " by some students because Baloch people or Balochi- speakers aren't by a fat chance , a rare sight in Punjab or Sindh , I mean they live in quite a number in other provinces . Why exactly would someone get beat up merely for speaking his own language is something , which I found hard to believe . Add the fact that the students who got beat up think that everyone from their fellow students , university administration up-to police is biased towards them and one starts to see the other side of the picture .

@Armstrong What do you think happened ?

Actually to me sounds like some rich brat wanted to show who was the dog in the area and made headlines!

The only time a police do something like this:

However, police officials dismissed these claims and said the incident was a college brawl.

The Industrial Area Police Station, which is also responsible for Sector H-8, confirmed that the students filed a complaint, but no First Information Report (FIR) was registered.

is when some rich brats illiterate son comes into collage and does something stupid!

At least 1 thing is true there is also concern for the said citizens (yes I dont call them minorities because they are our equal citizens just like everyother Pakistani):

“Every citizen has a right to get a case registered and we will facilitate the students if they have a valid claim,” Khan said. “We do not move ahead instantly with a case when students are involved because it might ruin their careers.”

Other points people failed to read in the said article:

He said the medical report is expected on Monday and further action can only be taken after police gets the report.

The university’s campus has CCTV cameras installed in the cafeteria and body scanners at its entrance, but the police could not confirm how the attacking students were able to get dangerous metal objects inside. University staff apparently intervened only after the students had been thrashed.

The Baloch students also said they were treated rudely by the university’s security in-charge, after the incident. But later on Saturday, after the duty officer had also allegedly requested the students to settle the matter with the other party, the students said the administration reached out to them.

“The administration requested that we visit the university on Monday and said they will listen to our concerns about the incident,” said Zaman, who has been enrolled in Preston University’s graduate programme for a month.

Khalid and Fakharuz Zaman both got stitches on their foreheads and were visibly shaken as they stood outside the National Press Club on Sunday, where around two dozen activists from the Pakistan Youth Alliance staged a protest against the university administration.

The demonstrators shouted slogans demanding that Baloch students be treated with respect and the university administration be held accountable for the incident.

University officials were not available for comment.

So Indians...see the difference? :pop:

Yeh hai humara Pakistan! You do shit somehow someone or another stands up for you! Not just blindly ruins a student's life!

Alhamdulillah!

Last edited:
student fighting each other is quite common, those who studied in subcontinent know it... few wannabe firangis pretend not to know... @Talon:devil:
Read the article and go embarrass yourself...or better yet read my reply right below yours post 247..

This is wrong on so many levels.
Which part is wrong that the police didnt want to take action and ruin their lives or that other students steeped in and demanded their rights?

Khalid and Fakharuz Zaman both got stitches on their foreheads and were visibly shaken as they stood outside the National Press Club on Sunday, where around two dozen activists from the Pakistan Youth Alliance staged a protest against the university administration.

The demonstrators shouted slogans demanding that Baloch students be treated with respect and the university administration be held accountable for the incident.

You can't be serious that this incident would actually come up RIGHT AFTER Kashmiri episode.
Why not.. ?? Even If Balochis are regularly targeted in Pakistani Punjab, its not necessary that it would be reported.. Its just that the news of Kashmiri students could have given an impetus to Pakistani journalists to use this as a news.. As they say, presence of news can point to an event, but absence of news does not guarantee the absence of event

Last edited:
Why not.. ?? Balochis are regularly targeted in Pakistani Punjab. Its just that the news of Kashmiri students could have given an impetus to Pakistani journalists to use this as a news.. As they say, presence of news can point to an event, but absence of news does not guarantee the absence of event

Balochis are regularly targeted in Pakistani Punjab? That's like saying women are regularly raped in India. Oh wait.

Balochis are regularly targeted in Pakistani Punjab? That's like saying women are regularly raped in India. Oh wait.
Sorry.. It was a hypotheses and some how a part of the sentence got deleted.. Have fixed it ...

Well police is also part of the provincial administration.

Hence the provincial (state) govt dropped the charges immediately. It takes only one policeman to charge them, you can't blame the whole govt for that when they dropped the charges the very next day.

Why not.. ?? Even If Balochis are regularly targeted in Pakistani Punjab, its not necessary that it would be reported.. Its just that the news of Kashmiri students could have given an impetus to Pakistani journalists to use this as a news.. As they say, presence of news can point to an event, but absence of news does not guarantee the absence of event
kindly read the article and smell the difference...I doubt you can see the difference :angel:

Hence the provincial (state) govt dropped the charges immediately. It takes only one policeman to charge them, you can't blame the whole govt for that when they dropped the charges the very next day.

Yeah but what about the university administration? Provincial govt had not choice left but to drop those charges after all the embarrassment they faced in this issue.

Yeah but what about the university administration? Provincial govt had not choice left but to drop those charges after all the embarrassment they faced in this issue.

University administration of a private university has nothing to do with the govt. Your original statement blaming the govt was incorrect.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom