What's new

Campus violence: Private varsity students thrashed for ‘speaking Balochi’

How so? A bunch of students get beaten up in Pakistani punjab, because they are speaking the local language of a region that United Nations is holding a Human rights conference on .. Sounds like a human rights issue to me...

Did the attack take place on the date of the conference or was it proven that it was linked to it somehow ? Now , mental masturbation might be pleasurable , but that doesn't mean that you start making ridiculous connections between things and start promoting them as " facts " . I am more inclined to believe that the students are overexaggerating the incident , since people do not get beat up merely for speaking their mother language and secondly they have their student organization . Add to the " nobody came to help us " and " we were shunned by administration and police " and the picture appears distorted here . Neither were they in alien land and nor will suddenly everyone turn against them , that too in Punjab . I will rather wait for the authorities to complete the investigations rather than start putting my faith in one side of the story and making wild conjectures .

How so? A bunch of students get beaten up in Pakistani punjab, because they are speaking the local language of a region that United Nations is holding a Human rights conference on .. Sounds like a human rights issue to me...

Balochi is language of the Baloch people. And Baluchistan province has not only Baloch language but Brahvi, Sindhi and Pushtoo languages spoken by a major sections of the local population. You need to research more about Balochistan and the Baloch people and also stop coming up with poorly constructed analogies.

Did the attack take place on the date of the conference or was it proven that it was linked to it somehow ? Now , mental masturbation might be pleasurable , but that doesn't mean that you start making ridiculous connections between things and start promoting them as " facts " . I am more inclined to believe that the students are overexaggerating the incident , since people do not get beat up merely for speaking their mother language and secondly they have their student organization . Add to the " nobody came to help us " and " we were shunned by administration and police " and the picture appears distorted here . Neither were they in alien land and nor will suddenly everyone turn against them , that too in Punjab . I will rather wait for the authorities to complete the investigations rather than start putting my faith in one side of the story and making wild conjectures .

:lol: Pakistani hypocrisy at its best.. In India the word of the students is the king and authorities be damned. In Pakistan students exaggerate and investigation by the authorities will be the gospel .. :disagree:

and the 1st part of your post, well, you need to re-read my post that you responded to and try to comprehend it better...

Balochi is language of the Baloch people. And Baluchistan province has not only Baloch language but Brahvi, Sindhi and Pushtoo languages spoken by a major sections of the local population. You need to research more about Balochistan and the Baloch people and also stop coming up with poorly constructed analogies.
I gave no analogy..

and the 1st part of your post, well, you need to re-read my post that you responded to and try to comprehend it better
Then it ai'nt my fault that you are speaking in a manner vague . Tell me , has it been established that the students were beaten for speaking their " local language " ? . I am just not seeing the racial/ethnic hate case here till the other side of the picture can be seen too and the authorities make a proper inquiry as to what happened really . Far too many ridiculous claims there in the story . Far too many Baluch everywhere integrated firmly in society for any uniqueness for these three students .

What "prosecution" are you seeing in a University feud and students fighting each other ? There have been far worse incidents in India which were proven unlike this . Unless ofcourse the intent is to digress from the topic and continue trolling by bringing in unrelated topics . You people do not even know that the Baluch people live in a very sizable number across the country , it's very rich seeing things like they are persecuted in Punjab and the news is never reported .

You wouldn't have seen this news with your eyes if the Pakistanis were "shoving it under the carpet" , keep in mind that it is a mainstream media source reporting the incident . Though the students argue that the "feud" was motivated by racial hate , there's no evidence that it was anything more than students fighting students . The police never refused to register an FIR , they simple said that they were moving carefully with that .
I never said about the incident but the case itself. Moving carefully could mean that they are delaying, and Indians do know a thing or two about delay in filing FIR.

I find it really hard to believe such a thing happened. At a private University, at that.
I just don't see the reason why anyone would have attacked someone because of language; the reason might be entirely different.
BUT, if it is true, then shouldn't the perpetrators be expelled?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom