What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

luckily there are many developments going on in pakistan working on these problems
9g.jpg

When hamza abbasi says such things . He's respected to the core nd when a female does that ... she becomes source of fun ?
Hamza has a strong educational background...He was a css officer..who has of course studied many things related to social and religious parameters or atleast he has better understanding of such matters than his collegues.

These people in media industry..u will see most of them are very poor regarding educational background...who have never read/understood history,culture,social and religious values and all u can hear from them are the means to promote obscenity in society.

Yesterday a liberal wrote an article about the dance show of 10-year old girls on item numbers on Sahir lodhi's show..n according to that writer..there's nothing wrong with it...n one who think's it's wrong is actually a pervert.I mean this is the level of our so called liberals. Tomorrow they will say if a girl walks around completely naked..nothing is wrong with it..the person who thinks it's wrong is actually at mistake.

According to modernism..nothing is vulgar anymore..every thing is justified by being cool or personal choice..and the best part is no one should have the right to judge anyone at all. Tomorrow these liberals will even favor, having an incest relationship with any of the family member..under following golden rules
freedom to do anything/it's none of your business
personal choice
two involved adults giving consent for such an activity

And the best part still will be...if u think it's wrong..NO..actually it's YOU who is wrong!!!

I second that
People who think that dressing has nothing to do with rape cases...actually want that

Women should have complete freedom to wander around naked but men must be bound to lower their gaze n if by mistake someone has looked at a women..he should be arrested for Harassment/Rape allegations

Miss, no doubt rape is a heinous crime, but it's not a very simple one..it has multiple causes

Desperation
Lust
Exertion of Power

It's really funny when women blame rapist for only the last cause and simply ignore the above 2 very important reasons..Both desperation and lust is promoted by mainly media and it has a very strong relation with the dressing of a women...when u glamorize a women wearing shorts/backless dresses and present her as a perfect women to get...what do u expect from people to go after???

Media continuously promotes that the purpose of one's life is to get into a relationship...You can see whatever product is advertised by media..main theme is unless guy doesn't has that product..girls ignore him n the moment he get's the product model becomes his gf..that's the 1st purpose which spreads desperation.

2ndly..all movies initially show the first purpose i.e to get a girl/boy....and the main aim is to consummate the relationship.And u will never see a women in burka being glamorized as a heroin, a desirable woman..it's always some girl wearing revealing dresses.
Both of these main points are related to lust and desperation.

As far as exerting power is concerned, well tell me when a man hits a women(also a wrong act)...he exerts power in this case too...how would u compare hitting a woman or raping a woman?? i mean which is worse and why???

Ap log to hmari dressing k pichay hi par gae . Had ha !
Bus fatwa lagana reh gya .. khuda k liye humen kafir qarar do or deen islam se bahir nikal do ... or khuda ko jawab dena k bus ye deen ap mardo ka ! Hum Oraten to hain hi fasaad or fitnah ap k liye .

Hmesha bhool jate ho k khuda ne aqal oraton ko b di ha , deen dunia ka humen b ilm ha , ab Agr koi orat kuch taaleemaat pe amal nhi krti to ap ko kya zaryrat ha deen ka thekedaar banne ki . Jis tarah tum mard apny gunahon se dar guzar krte ho , hmare mamle me b apny kam se kam rkha kro . Deen humen b maloom ha , humen mat sikhao or ja k apny gunahon pe tawaja do .

Ye deen barabar orat ka b ha par jis tarah tum log thekedar ban k beth jate ho or khudai krna lagte ho .. tuff ha tumhari aqal pe !

Last edited:
Bus fatwa lagana reh gya .. khuda k liye humen kafir qarar do or deen islam se bahir nikal do ... or khuda ko jawab dena k bus ye deen ap mardo ka ! Hum Oraten to hain hi fasaad or fitnah ap k liye .

That is one hell of a deranged, sexist, insecure argument. Portrays lack of understanding the core issue and goes on to reflect only me me me me me me me me and only me. And here what Deen has to say

33:35
"Indeed, the Muslim men and Muslim women, the believing men and believing women, the obedient men and obedient women, the truthful men and truthful women, the patient men and patient women, the humble men and humble women, the charitable men and charitable women, the fasting men and fasting women, the men who guard their private parts and the women who do so, and the men who remember Allah often and the women who do so - for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a great reward."

I hope you are intelligent enough to find the sense of equality in this verse and also the attributes of the best of people both men and women.

That is one hell of a deranged, sexist, insecure argument. Portrays lack of understanding the core issue and goes on to reflect only me me me me me me me me and only me. And here what Deen has to say

33:35
"Indeed, the Muslim men and Muslim women, the believing men and believing women, the obedient men and obedient women, the truthful men and truthful women, the patient men and patient women, the humble men and humble women, the charitable men and charitable women, the fasting men and fasting women, the men who guard their private parts and the women who do so, and the men who remember Allah often and the women who do so - for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a great reward."

I hope you are intelligent enough to find the sense of equality in this verse and also the attributes of the best of people both men and women.

That is not me , it's the mentality of such fatwa people who go on treating islam as their property .

I have never seen flies near a properly covered honey pot ..........

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat
By Entertainment Desk
Published: January 23, 2018
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1615988-image-1516700686-791-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: SCREENGRAB

Pakistani starlet Mehwish Hayat recently shared her two cents on how a woman dresses has nothing to do with the way she’s treated.

Taking to Instagram, the Punjab Nahi Jaungi actor shared a clip from her blockbuster Actor in Law which also starred Fahad Mustafa. She captioned it, “There is a misconception that the way a woman dresses is what attracts abuse.”

‘Punjab Nahi Jaungi’ becomes highest grossing Pakistani movie of all time

Hayat added, “This is something that we dealt with in my film Actor in Law. When a woman wearing a ‘burkha’ also attracted vilification. The way that a woman dresses has no bearing on the way she is treated. This is simply down to the mentality of some of the misogynistic elements in our society.”

This is not the first time Hayat has been vocal about Times Up campaign that took Hollywood by storm. Sharing her thoughts previously, the Jawani Phir Nahi Ani starlet posted a picture on Instagram in which she was sporting an all-black outfit and captioned it, “It is time for women of the world to stand up for their rights. Today, I wear black in solidarity with my industry colleagues in US and push this message to the women of my own homeland, Pakistan. We are no less than men by virtue of our gender. Harassment of any form is totally unacceptable and we will not tolerate it.”

Hayat made her silver screen debut with the popular item number, Billi in Na Maloom Afraad’s first installment. As much as her spins and twirls were admired (and rightfully so, as she stole everyone’s thunder), she was also severely denounced for pioneering a departed trend that is more often than not, looked down upon.

Farhan Saeed spotted on the sets of ‘Punjab Nahi Jaungi’ and we can’t help but wonder

“I think criticism comes with appreciation. Again, that very situation in Na Maloom Afraad was a goons’ after-party. Billi was a character – she represented the lust of a certain class and none of it was forced,” she justified.

“Look at yesteryear cinema in our country, they even had mujras. It’s not that we’ve been inspired by India or we’ve started something new; it’s been a part of our cinema for ages. Then again, it shouldn’t be vulgar, it should appear sensual and appealing, but there’s a fine line between the two,” she stated.

Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1615988/4-misconception-way-women-dress-attracts-abuse-mehwish-hayat/

Haha this video again :D

That is not me , it's the mentality of such fatwa people who go on treating islam as their property .

But you have this sexist mentality where you keep imagining that every man is born with ill desires and he remains a beast deprived of humanity. The lack of understanding a simple concept like modesty is astonishing by the way ... honestly women getting away with sexist remarks repeatedly is too much a nonsense one can tolerate. Shed your victim mentality and start playing some constructive role ........ I know it for a fact that Mehwish Hayat misconceptions would turn to reality and correction if I being a male start standing in front of a place packed with women in my undies, and shout it at their faces that its your misconception that my wearing undies should attract your attention and disliking.

But you have this sexist mentality where you keep imagining that every man is born with ill desires and he remains a beast deprived of humanity. .
No I don't think like that about every men . It's only those who cause harm to the soceity by their actions or words .
I abhor such men who act like fatwa team and thekedar of deen when it comes to women , they act like women don't know anything about islam so let's teach them or treat them like cattles so they live lives as we want .
But you have this sexist mentality where you keep imagining that every man is born with ill desires and he remains a beast deprived of humanity. The lack of understanding a simple concept like modesty is astonishing by the way ... honestly women getting away with sexist remarks repeatedly is too much a nonsense one can tolerate. Shed your victim mentality and start playing some constructive role ........ .
Mere argument ko meri victim mentality mat samjhen. As a woman, I get angry at these thekedars that's it .
Ghussa ata ha in nikamo pe . !! Dil krta ha mu tor du !

Hmesha bhool jate ho k khuda ne aqal oraton ko b di ha , deen dunia ka humen b ilm ha , ab Agr koi orat kuch taaleemaat pe amal nhi krti to ap ko kya zaryrat ha deen ka thekedaar banne ki . Jis tarah tum mard apny gunahon se dar guzar krte ho , hmare mamle me b apny kam se kam rkha kro . Deen humen b maloom ha , humen mat sikhao or ja k apny gunahon pe tawaja do .

Ye deen barabar orat ka b ha par jis tarah tum log thekedar ban k beth jate ho or khudai krna lagte ho .. tuff ha tumhari aqal pe !
try to answer with logic and reason not a melodrama speech...And what understanding you are talking about..if u really had that understanding of deen..u would never agree to mehwish hayat's claim in the first place.

I agree men try to get away with many things, bcoz of innate patriarchal nature of society..but still we don't justify that he is right..e.g when a man harasses a women no one says..he has done some thing good ..everyone criticizes him and actually demands a punishment for him..but you are not even accepting that when women wearing revealing dress..it's a part of problem n should be discouraged..rather u have assumed the very fragile argument of personal choice.

Seriously if u think everyone should be allowed to do whatever he wants for his entertainment..how would u discourage a rapist or harasser..he will simply say it's my personal choice..my source of entertainment..who are u to judge me??It's between me and Allah...how will u confront him???

try to answer with logic and reason not a melodrama speech...And what understanding you are talking about..if u really had that understanding of deen..u would never agree to mehwish hayat's claim in the first place.

I agree men try to get away with many things, bcoz of innate patriarchal nature of society..but still we don't justify that he is right..e.g when a man harasses a women no one says..he has done some thing good ..everyone criticizes him and actually demands a punishment for him..but you are not even accepting that when women wearing revealing dress..it's a part of problem n should be discouraged..rather u have assumed the very fragile argument of personal choice.

m???
because I know this soceity is extremely hypocrite .

No I don't think like that about every men . It's only those who cause harm to the soceity by their actions or words .
I abhor such men who act like fatwa team and thekedar of deen when it comes to women , they act like women don't know anything about islam so let's teach them or treat them like cattles so they live lives as we want .

Mere argument ko meri victim mentality mat samjhen. As a woman, I get angry at these thekedars that's it .
Ghussa ata ha in nikamo pe . !! Dil krta ha mu tor du !

So you should stop with generalisations ....... I have read quite a few posts ..... there is limit to taking blames for someone else's actions. Try constructing your arguments with clear distinction about who your intended audience is ........ please. That's all.

because I know this soceity is extremely hypocrite .
Don't blame it on society..Anything wrong can never become a right just because society is following it.
A wrong is always wrong and right is always right.

I think u might consider me a misogynist(which i am not)..for saying this but the biggest hypocrites of our society are feminists..they want all the rights proposed by Islam ..but simultaneously want freedom of west.

I have heard the views of feminists many times...all they want is women should be allowed to do anything whatever they want..n shouldn't be judged at all..no matter how wrong they are regarding a particular aspect..but men should be bound by laws in every aspect.

Don't blame it on society..Anything wrong can never become a right just because society is following it.
A wrong is always wrong and right is always right.

I think u might consider me a misogynist(which i am not)..for saying this but the biggest hypocrites of our society are feminists..they want all the rights proposed by Islam ..but simultaneously want freedom of west.

I have heard the views of feminists many times...all they want is women should be allowed to do anything whatever they want..n shouldn't be judged at all..no matter how wrong they are regarding a particular aspect..but men should be bound by laws in every aspect.

I'm not a feminist neither I know what is feminism never studied feminism .... but I'll point out every thing I find going against my mentality . Meri marzi me jo kehu , Jo karna ha kr lo .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom