What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

Rajputana traditionally was larger than just Rajastan. It covered Punjab and Sindh also. Punjab was like the proving ground of Rajput clans, we killed each other for hundreds of years for dominance.

Ah. I didn't know that. Thanks.

I don’t know the facial expression the lady gave you but this behavior is usually common when a person has made up a mind to say NO but can’t Due to some level of importance (non-romantic, Could be being just a colleague, or valuing your feelings to not break you), So she in Easy words IGNORED you.

Slightly less than two years will prove your theory.

Ah. I didn't know that. Thanks.
Generally, Rajputs are the only true Kshratriya eligible for Upanayana according to Brahmins; in fact they exists only where the proper Varna system exists/existed (North India approximately). In other places, there were only three divisions - Brahmins, Shudra and Dalits, even Kings were/are Shudra and called Samantha at best.

I believe her.

Please walk around naked. Nobody will look at you or try anything :smitten:

This is where you are wrong :)

Few things about me: I grew up in Pak during teen years but then I did my highschool from a small town in US (Montana)....afterwards moved to college and did my Masters too (in bigger states, not in Montana).

So I grew up 'as an American' of sorts. I lived, studied, became friends with all sorts of people. Even white boys from beach town---with liberal moms/sisters---always noticed women sexually more when they wore more revealing clothes. Not even necessarily in a bad way---but to imagine women's bodies become 'normal' to men just because they grow up in that environment is very naive from women.

Infact, the way my American friends talked about women were in many ways more disgusting than how Pakistanis talked about women. Americans were more explicit since they were more sexual experienced. Khair, anyways....I just hope young Pakistani girls stop being naive for their own good lol.

Pakistanis will react way more to women wearing shorts in Pakistan because that's culturally inappropriate and kind of surprising. But just because American men grow up with women wearing shorts, it doesn't mean women in shorts stop arousing sexual attention of men here.

Great answer

Attraction for opposite sex is different (more or less). Its a natural thing. Abuse is a different thing.

A simple Kameez Shalwar with duppatta is modest for me. A long kurta which hides jeans or pyjama and a scarf in neck is modest for me. Abaya is modest for me. Saudia made me love in abayas. This should be standard. Its like how Qatar asked foreginers to be in “modest” clothing before arriving for WC2023. Dont get sleazy.

i am not telling everyone to get bikins and shorts and go to swat valley. That is stupidity. We are muslims after all. Modest chlothing has been written about in Quran as well.

Interestingly, the Quran does not even ask women to cover their hair. It does say to cover their bossom with the Khimar and advises to cover themselves with an outer garment when there is fear of mistreatment.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom