What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

:lol:

Agar woh Christiani se shaadi nahi hui toh shaayad kisi musalmaan kudi se hogi. :-)

Musalmana de prospects sadde mulak thale gir ge ne, o tu apne ap nu koi shahzade samajda aa.

Modi bakbak sadde din chalda ey. Islamophobia bhare ga, kam ni hoga.

Settle ho ja, mundeya.

Itni Punjabi aundi ye janab, Delhi 35% Punjabi ye wo bhi tuadde wala (Lehnda speaking refugees came at partition) And the Punjabi culture dominate here.

Most Delhiites can get this much Punjabi as in this song

I don't watch songs and Indian dramas, esp in Ramzan. What is that video?

Are you a Punjabi speaker? But I think my Punjabi is different than what you are used to.

Are you a Punjabi speaker? But I think my Punjabi is different than what you are used to.
Not a Punjabi speaker but our Ballimaran have a lot of Muslim Punjabis (Khatri-Shaikh) living even before we set foot in Delhi, our neighbours in Ballimaran were all Muslim Punjabi.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punjabi_Saudagaran-e-Delhi
Secondly, urban Delhi politics, culture was dominted by Lahnda speaking Khatris (Malhotra, Arora, Anand, Bhatia etc), 50% of my batchmates are Delhi based Punjabis...
According to a 2015 India TV article, the major voter social groups include Punjabis (different castes and religions) (35%), Purvanchalis (24%), Muslims (12%), Jats (8%), Vaish (8%), Gujjars (7%), Sikhs (5%) and around 35 lakh Uttarakhandis.[7] Jats, Punjabi Khatris and Brahmins dominated politics in Delhi for many decades
I don't know how much I will get but know enough to deduce the exact meaning though may not be able to speak.

Not a Punjabi speaker but our Ballimaran have a lot of Muslim Punjabis (Khatri-Shaikh) living even before we set foot in Delhi, our neighbours in Ballimaran were all Muslim Punjabi.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punjabi_Saudagaran-e-Delhi
Secondly, urban Delhi politics, culture was dominted by Lahnda speaking Khatris (Malhotra, Arora, Anand, Bhatia etc), 50% of my batchmates are Delhi based Punjabis...

I don't know how much I will get but know enough to deduce the exact meaning though may not be able to speak.

I don't know other zats you listed, but Bhattis are Rajputs.

I know Dilli was the extent of Punjabi influenced region. Don't know much else as I have never been to India, nor have any plan due to Modi.

I don't know other zats you listed, but Bhattis are Rajputs.

I know Dilli was the extent of Punjabi influenced region. Don't know much else as I have never been to India, nor have any plan due to Modi.
Bhattis are Rajputs but I think Bhatias are different.
Quoting from Muslim Khatri (Pakistani)
Infact,Aroras,Bhatias,Khatris,Lohanas,suds(Soods) these all are homogeneous peoples,it was time and circumstances that made them leave their homeland Indus Valley especially modern days Punjab, for an example in Punjab Aroras,Bhatias, and Khatris who embraced Islam with the efforts of lsmaili preachers especially Shah Shamas Sabzwari and his descendants,they are called Khoja Sheikh (now majority of them are Sunni)likewise Lohanas also constitutes a big portion of Ismaili Khojas.The founder of Pakistan Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah is known as Lohana(Khoja) but his subcaste is Bhatia that's a subcaste of Aroras as well as Bhatias are an independent caste . In my hometown ,“Jawa" is a subcaste of Khoja Sheikh ,it is a subgroup of Bhatias. My own masair/mesat(the son of mother's sister) is a Jawa.
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Punjab...y-ethnicity/answer/Muhammad-Yaqub-Ahmad-Bajaj
You can visit anytime, come to Delhi if you want; things are not that bad in daily life yet.

We have Punjab Dehli Sudagaraan in Karachi
Yes, a lot of them migrated in 47', they were a rich community - shops worth of crores (but small in size) were left in Kashmiri Gate/Mori Gate areas and Hindu/Sikh Punjabis with some Sindhi migrants (Hindu) have now occupied them.

My father joked with one of them on the matter of NRC, "Bahir se to aap aaye hai, aap hai Pakistani asli wale", lol.

Yes, a lot of them migrated in 47', they were a rich community - shops worth of crores (but small in size) were left in Kashmiri Gate/Mori Gate areas and Hindu/Sikh Punjabis with some Sindhi migrants (Hindu) have now occupied them.

My father joked with one of them on the matter of NRC, "Bahir se to aap aaye hai, aap hai Pakistani asli wale", lol.

How come every talk I have with you comes down to ethnicity, language, race, and civilization origins?

Why we don't talk about weather or cricket?

Too general, be more specific.

:lol:

Well, there's a Catholic Christian girl I have been pursuing since we were colleagues in a company we worked in some years ago. At that time I had declared my liking to her but she said she can't reciprocate since we are of different religions. But some months ago I proposed marriage to her. I have asked her two years for me to build myself to be a man of certain influence so that her parents won't be able to refuse my proposal. She hasn't said yes but she also hasn't said no.

OK.

Yes, you make a valid point.

His body is too much. It is not practical to maintain such a body without dedicating lot of time.

I would like to have a body like Edward Fox in his film The Day of the Jackal. Practical :

jackalpants.jpg

Look how nicely his shirt fits :

jackal75car-main.jpg

She does not have a reserved personality but she also is a bit conservative so that is why she did not say yes instantly.

And two years is not that long. :-)
I don’t know the facial expression the lady gave you but this behavior is usually common when a person has made up a mind to say NO but can’t Due to some level of importance (non-romantic, Could be being just a colleague, or valuing your feelings to not break you), So she in Easy words IGNORED you.

@jaibi Mr. Psychologist ?

In India the Rajputs are mainly a caste from Rajasthan which is largely a desert state that borders the Pakistani states of Sindh and Punjab.

@Naofumi
Yup, it's famous but Rajputs are found all over North India, in fact Rajasthan have more Jats (Hindu) than Rajputs but yes, they're richer and more influential.

PS : I am guessing population from Vidhan Sabha seats.

About 70 mile west of Faisalabad

I don't know who named us Rajputs, it came down from Bozorg.

My speculation is Iranic origin for most of us, due to Sakas, Kushans, and Hepthalites who replaced Greek land owners starting 1 BC.

Rajput culture is still very much martial and warlike, fresh from the steppe, and gave rise eventually to Sikh religion too, which borrowed heavily from Rajputs. We were also heavily patronized by Muslim empires like Mughals until our eventual Islamization.

In India the Rajputs are mainly a caste from Rajasthan which is largely a desert state that borders the Pakistani states of Sindh and Punjab.

@Naofumi

Rajputana traditionally was larger than just Rajastan. It covered Punjab and Sindh also. Punjab was like the proving ground of Rajput clans, we killed each other for hundreds of years for dominance.

In this video women are dancing in street but no one looks interests in them which proves dress doesn't not attract abuse.

Attracting abuse is a stretch, however improper dress does attract sexual attention and male viewing a female as easy, which can lead to zina or abuse down the line.

I work with rape cases sometimes, I have seen women being molested due to improper dress and also being alone here in the US.

Improper dress can be one factor among many leading to abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom