What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

No its not, if the CLOTHING CHOICE becomes a reason for HORMONAL INCREASE which has a potential for assault on anybody then CLOTHING CHOICE has to be addressed, dont you you understand simple CAUSE & EFFECT relationship ?
I'll pretend I didn't read that.

@Cliftonite This thread is dwelling towards the motives behind such crimes in mainstream, so here are my 2 cents on that:

1. There are people who are born villains. There is a certain gene type that is common to all criminals.
2. Then there are people who rape others to subdue them and harass them as happens in war zones. Happened in Libya. Men were sodomized with broom sticks every time they wanted food or water.
3. People rape other people because they are simply horny.
4. Kids get raped and killed in enmity cases.
5. People do it because they try to avenge themselves when they were raped as kids.
6. Provoking clothes.

But this thread is about Mehwish and her clothes, so I chose to only come up with the revealing clothes that apply to her. You want to talk about the kids and other people who get raped and killed, I have summed up the reasons above.

Last edited:
I think Hindu women dont wear that, just Muslim South Asian style dress isnt it ?
No. Hindu women wear Shalwar Kameez too. Shalwar Kameez is popular in Indian Punjab. Sikh Women wear it

It is a Pakistani dress.. only indian Panjabi women wear this because of culture..
If anything these are traditional sikh women:

855B7C51-DC05-4738-9153-A3B7104A7C96.jpeg

in other parts of india, they dont wear it & if they do they wear it as fashion not tradition.

For ex below are north indian dresses

Bihari
39A2B9AB-6283-4A18-AF5B-9C13989D5040.jpeg

Rajhistani:
A729E0C3-06DA-425A-A68B-BDDA1F82F034.jpeg

C41E868C-4DFD-44A4-B13B-5F17642C46AE.jpeg
CAEBCD65-3666-4E82-BE40-D52D4A24473C.jpeg

Even indian muslim women from Hyderabad, Lucknow etc wear similar clothes and not shalwar kameez. In Karachi you will see urdu speaking aunties (old gen) wear indian style saris with the belly thing too.

It is a Pakistani dress.. only indian Panjabi women wear this because of culture..
If anything these are traditional sikh women:

View attachment 633762

in other parts of india, they dont wear it & if they do they wear it as fashion not tradition.

For ex below are north indian dresses

Bihari
View attachment 633760

Rajhistani:
View attachment 633761

View attachment 633763 View attachment 633764
But in Indian Dramas they do wear it. What about North Indian Muslim Women?
@Naofumi?

But in Indian Dramas they do wear it. What about North Indian Muslim Women?
@Naofumi?
Go ahead google or ask any indian if they wear it as a traditional dress.

Indian men also wear shalwar kameez in movies (though they look awful along with the weird kurta styles).. but that doesnt make it their traditional dress either.

Muslim women go with Salwar Kameez.
But is it a part of your culture ie traditional dresses of your regions?

These are their traditional dressss but shalwar kamez is also popular
Of course Pakistani designers sell alot of merch in india and hold events there too.
But wearing non native clothes doesnt make it culture.

We all wear jackets and suits right? But they arent part of our culture.

Of course Pakistani designers sell alot of merch in india and hold events there too.
But wearing non native clothes doesnt make it culture.

We all wear jackets and suits right? But they arent part of our culture.
Saari is also worn here in Urdu Speaking Weddings

Exclusively Hindu, it should have been for all before Islam. Muslims won't expose that much skin.

Yes I have seen indian muslim saris that dont expose bellys and backs.

But again SK isnt part of indian culture per se.

Saari is also worn here in Urdu Speaking Weddings
But do non urdu speakers wear it as part of their culture? No

I bet it is Pakistani dress since Indian traditional dress show women belly.

It is historically a Punjabi dress ( way before Partition ) but is now commonly worn not only in Pakistan but also in India and Bangladesh.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom