137F3566-F665-4525-A0C0-10F4CA056423.jpeg
89EDCB6A-13A4-4CC0-AD7B-C72F2FF1F2EB.jpeg
62B9E295-8DB5-4FD9-9241-0C5ADC22BDF4.jpeg
81D344FF-ADE5-4A69-945B-2B8C576596C0.jpeg
37619337-A473-4619-B3C5-CA9DA69F29EA.jpeg
62DD5DCB-CAEB-41F8-862B-748EA467B31B.jpeg
2A098E66-93BF-49D4-A9AC-F7E081F4193F.jpeg
4C3A4AAD-7424-4FC7-8F4A-A35C7EE19F22.jpeg

Get this into your head. How you dress is nobody but your own business. Human society has mores and bounds within which to cover your body, nobody is arguing for nudism here. You as a man do not get to tell a woman to cover up. If you believe in a value system that says women need to be covered up from head to toe, that's your deal. You can not enforce your beliefs on other people. There is nothing instrinsically so magnetic about a woman's hair and face that it needs to be covered up otherwise it will force men into a frenzy like honeybees to honey.

Get this in your head, No one is promoting burqas in Pakistan, only Modesty.

And most definetly cant tell them what to wear. Matter of fact its perverts who wish those nude type of dressing on women so they can fulfill their desire within themselves.

They can wear what they want but if they get publicly shamed than dont come running crying about your beliefs and rights. Other people who have lived here for centuries deserve to live in a place where infidelity and nudity isnt the new norm.

And trust me, Pakistani liberals wont like the day where Men of Islam stand up and promote Islamic culture due what the liberals would have done to the Country. Just in your neighborhood you saw what happenned when females were seen in bras and bikinis on beaches.

Dono ko hukam hai. Mardo ko nazrain nechi karne ka. Aur aurton ko parda karne ka.

Pakistanio aur Indian item mujre song dekho. Taqwa me izafa ho ga.
It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat
By Entertainment Desk
Published: January 23, 2018
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1615988-image-1516700686-791-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: SCREENGRAB

Pakistani starlet Mehwish Hayat recently shared her two cents on how a woman dresses has nothing to do with the way she’s treated.

Taking to Instagram, the Punjab Nahi Jaungi actor shared a clip from her blockbuster Actor in Law which also starred Fahad Mustafa. She captioned it, “There is a misconception that the way a woman dresses is what attracts abuse.”

‘Punjab Nahi Jaungi’ becomes highest grossing Pakistani movie of all time

Hayat added, “This is something that we dealt with in my film Actor in Law. When a woman wearing a ‘burkha’ also attracted vilification. The way that a woman dresses has no bearing on the way she is treated. This is simply down to the mentality of some of the misogynistic elements in our society.”

This is not the first time Hayat has been vocal about Times Up campaign that took Hollywood by storm. Sharing her thoughts previously, the Jawani Phir Nahi Ani starlet posted a picture on Instagram in which she was sporting an all-black outfit and captioned it, “It is time for women of the world to stand up for their rights. Today, I wear black in solidarity with my industry colleagues in US and push this message to the women of my own homeland, Pakistan. We are no less than men by virtue of our gender. Harassment of any form is totally unacceptable and we will not tolerate it.”

Hayat made her silver screen debut with the popular item number, Billi in Na Maloom Afraad’s first installment. As much as her spins and twirls were admired (and rightfully so, as she stole everyone’s thunder), she was also severely denounced for pioneering a departed trend that is more often than not, looked down upon.

Farhan Saeed spotted on the sets of ‘Punjab Nahi Jaungi’ and we can’t help but wonder

“I think criticism comes with appreciation. Again, that very situation in Na Maloom Afraad was a goons’ after-party. Billi was a character – she represented the lust of a certain class and none of it was forced,” she justified.

“Look at yesteryear cinema in our country, they even had mujras. It’s not that we’ve been inspired by India or we’ve started something new; it’s been a part of our cinema for ages. Then again, it shouldn’t be vulgar, it should appear sensual and appealing, but there’s a fine line between the two,” she stated.

Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1615988/4-misconception-way-women-dress-attracts-abuse-mehwish-hayat/

Haha this video again :D

Get this in your head, No one is promoting burqas in Pakistan, only Modesty.

And most definetly cant tell them what to wear. Matter of fact its perverts who wish those type of dressing on women.

They can wear what they want but if they get publicly shamed than dont come running crying about your beliefs and rights. Other people who have lived here for centuries deserve to live in a place where infidelity and nudity isnt the new norm.

And trust me, Pakistani liberals wont like the day where Men of Islam stand up and promote Islamic culture due what the liberals would have done to the Country. Just in your neighborhood you saw what happenned when females were seen in bras and bikinis on beaches.

What is modesty to you? Jeans and shirts okay? Shalwar kameez without head cover okay? Bob cut hair okay? Nose piercing? Riding a bike? Sitting on a bike like a man ? Get the f*ck out of here with this modesty mantra. This is just a trick to police women expressing themselves. No women's rights activist wants the right to go topless, they just want men to get off their fucking backs in telling them what to wear and what to do.

What is modesty to you? Jeans and shirts okay? Shalwar kameez without head cover okay? Bob cut hair okay? Nose piercing? Riding a bike? Sitting on a bike like a man ? Get the f*ck out of here with this modesty mantra. This is just a trick to police women expressing themselves. No women's rights activist wants the right to go topless, they just want men to get off their fucking backs in telling them what to wear and what to do.

See the day isnt far off where people like you are going to face the wrath of Allah. Now you are saying Allahs modesty is a trick. Get lost you libtard, keep your perverted thoughts to yourself.

See the day isnt far off where people like you are going to face the wrath of Allah. Now you are saying Allahs modesty is a trick. Get lost you libtard, keep your perverted thoughts to yourself.

Hahaha when all else fails, start the usual lecturing.

No. It is not a woman's responsibility at all to wear something that satisfies whatever 'standard' other men have set.

The responsibility is solely yours and yours alone to control your behavior in terms of not sexually assaulting other men, women or children, regardless of what they wear.

The example I provided of pedophiles is based on interviews and comments of pedophiles who have argued that they 'cannot control their urges' and that it is what 'nature wants them to do'.
You cannot dress like a whore and expect to be respected like a nun. It does not happen like this in any society of the world

What is your opinion about gays and lesbians ? If a woman wants to be lesbian (after telling you Get the f*ck out of here with this modesty mantra) or if a man wants to be gay is it ok with you ?

Acha, and not meeting Allah's dress code gives you a licence to rape?
Atleast it gives me a right to put a chadar on your nakedness

No, only doctors wear it as an occasional uniform.. and is different than “sari” per say..
View attachment 633765

@Indos.
View attachment 633768 View attachment 633769

These are some of the ethnic groups of Pak and their clothing.

Thanks bro, now it is getting clearer about Pakistani traditional dress.

Thanks for that but I guess Today your national dress is more like Imran Khan dress for men and for women is the one that @jamahir show me which is also seen to be wear by Benazir Bhutto (RIP).

Indonesian men wear Batik for formal meeting like wedding and every Friday we are encouraged to wear Batik when working. Batik usually more expensive than formal office dress, particularly the good quality one.

One of the example of Batik (they have many variation and color)

75192a9960d5e7dcdfa484e66785fbe2fe3d211a_0.15832400_1536050532.jpeg

And women usually wear Kebaya for formal event like wedding and others, but women with Hijab doesnt have any specialize dress and they are fit with any Hijab dress they chose.

Kebaya non Hijab but quite polite

186c733acf524abed9572a49e6776ac9_tn

Kebaya Non Hijab but more open and this is more like the original Kebaya who comes from Javanese culture.

5d26bd2a35a4d34840f1c30d

Kebaya with Hijab
bbed5ff00aa191b9377fc20f67b01b99

Thanks bro, now it is getting clearer about Pakistani traditional dress.

Thanks for that but I guess Today your national dress is more like Imran Khan dress for men and for women is the one that @jamahir show me which is also seen to be wear by Benazir Bhutto (RIP).

Indonesian men wear Batik for formal meeting like wedding and every Friday we are encouraged to wear Batik when working. Batik usually more expensive than formal office dress, particularly the good quality one.

One of the example of Batik (they have many variation and color)

75192a9960d5e7dcdfa484e66785fbe2fe3d211a_0.15832400_1536050532.jpeg

And women usually wear Kebaya for formal event like wedding and others, but women with Hijab doesnt have any specialize dress and they are fit with any Hijab dress they chose.

Kebaya non Hijab but quite polite

186c733acf524abed9572a49e6776ac9_tn

Kebaya Non Hijab but more open and this is more like the original Kebaya who comes from Javanese culture.

5d26bd2a35a4d34840f1c30d

Kebaya with Hijab
bbed5ff00aa191b9377fc20f67b01b99
Those Batik look nice. I can't believe more people don't wear them. You should try exporting them.

Just in your neighborhood you saw what happenned when females were seen in bras and bikinis on beaches.
What happened?

Did ‘Men of Islam’ rape these women?

Did ‘Men of Islam’ Physically assault these women?

Did ‘Men of Islam’ verbally assault these women?

Please do explain these actions that such ‘brave Men of Islam’ engaged in against peaceful women solely because of the clothes they were wearing.

What happened?

Please do explain these actions that such ‘brave Men of Islam’ engaged in against peaceful women solely because of the clothes they were wearing.

Rape is against Islam, assaulting others is against Islam, verbally assaulting someone is against Islam and so Is bhaigaratee.

Rape is against Islam, assaulting others is against Islam, verbally assaulting someone is against Islam and so Is bhaigaratee.

Such a shame, the libs have people believing Islam as an evil Religion. Such a damn shame.

Yes, Please!

For Allah’s sake, let us face the wrath of Allah on judgement day instead of dealing with the wrath of men incapable of controlling their ‘hormones’ and ‘emotions’.

No one is forcing you or the women in your family to wear bikinis. Perhaps ask the government to set aside certain beaches or parts of beaches where women can wear bikinis if they want and the rest can have the more modest swim attire, and let Allah judge on the Day of Judgement whether the woman wearing a bikini needs to be punished.

What happened?

Listen i dont know you are a Muslim or not but you are definitely speaking against the teachings of Islam, so stop it please.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom