What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

I'd like to know what enticing clothes the poor little angel Zainab was wearing? What is it that 5 year old or 85 year old rape victims wear that can be SOOO enticing? Rape and molestation are acts of aggression and humiliation. It has nothing to do with sex. If you can get hard while your victim is screaming and crying, there is something massively wrong with you. Stop blaming it on the victim's clothes.
Thank you for your reply. But I was only relating to Mehwish and not discussing criminal activities or the reasons that provoke that predatory behaviour. It`s not the thread for that. That`s a different discussion. Only females are not targets in that. Little boys also get sodomized and killed. But lets stick to the topic which is Mehwish.

"When a male's T-levels elevate beyond a certain point, he can hardly help but constantly have sex on his mind. And for males in their late teens and early twenties (when T-levels peak), their thoughts and feelings are influenced mightily by what’s coursing through their veins. They experience an almost constant stirring in their genitals—sensations that clamor for attention, but which social mores disallow full expression. Despite such constraints, however, the very sight of a female (real, or merely "fabricated" in their mind) can’t help but fan this not-to-be-denied libidinous flame."
And then what explains the majority of men in their late teens and early twenties who DON'T sexually assault women?

If most men in their teens and early twenties are capable of 'controlling themselves' then those who can't are the exception and therefore the problem, and not the clothing choices of women.

This hypothesis postulated by the author you linked to is utter and complete BS, and has, like I already pointed out, been trashed by most psychological circles.

Get this into your head. How you dress is nobody but your own business. Human society has mores and bounds within which to cover your body, nobody is arguing for nudism here. You as a man do not get to tell a woman to cover up. If you believe in a value system that says women need to be covered up from head to toe, that's your deal. You can not enforce your beliefs on other people. There is nothing instrinsically so magnetic about a woman's hair and face that it needs to be covered up otherwise it will force men into a frenzy like honeybees to honey.
The utter depravity in arguing that 'men have no control over their hormones' is just shocking.

I came to the US for college, when I was 17. I lived for the first year or so with other Pakistani and Muslim students who were in their teens or early twenties. None of us went around raping or sexually assaulting women, despite the fact that there was a lot of skin on display.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. But I was only relating to Mehwish and not discussing criminal activities or the reasons that provoke that predatory behaviour. It`s not the thread for that. That`s a different discussion. Only females are not targets in that. Little boys also get sodomized and killed. But lets stick to the topic which is Mehwish.

There are NO reasons that provoke rape and molestation. It is the mentality of the rapist and NOTHING ELSE.

The topic is not Mehwish alone, it is specifically about the comment she made about it being a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse.

So Cliftonite is correct in taking the line of argument that he is.

You may want to read the thread title again.

What about Standard set by the God?
That is up to those who believe in those standards to follow, not for those who do not.

Either way, that is a separate discussion from the one this thread has about the clothes a woman wears justifying sexual assault.

Beyond that, the laws of the land should be followed. So if there is a law against public nudity, whether you believe that it is justified or not in your religion is irrelevant - the law must be followed.

attracts abuse.
Verbal Abuse? Than I believe males would get too

Who's stopping you from following the standards set by God? Doosre pe apne standards kyun thop rahay ho bhai?
Bcz its the Islamic country dude. Warna hum kon hotey hain ke same sex marriages rokne waley, ehtaram Ramadhan ordinance enforce karne wale, Islamic Figures ko bura bolney waley etc.?

What about Standard set by the God?
Sir please don`t discuss religion. I did that and the comment got deleted. Now I have to argue through other means that are open ended to discussions. Nobody wants to know what God has to say.

Verbal Abuse? Than I believe males would get too
I'm referring to sexual assault or sexual harassment - it is not justified, whether man or woman, on the basis of clothing they wear.
Bcz its the Islamic country dude. Warna hum kon hotey hain ke same sex marriages rokne waley, ehtaram Ramadhan ordinance enforce karne wale, Islamic Figures ko bura bolney waley etc.?
Again, arguing that clothing should meet certain standards based on your religious beliefs is a completely different discussion from arguing that clothing causes sexual assault, sexual abuse or harrassment.

We are discussing the latter, not whether religion allows it since religious discussions are not permitted on this forum.

Sir please don`t discuss religion. I did that and the comment got deleted. Now I have to argue through other means that are open ended to discussions. Nobody wants to know what God has to say.
Unless you want to claim that an Ayat exists that says that 'the sexual assault of men, women and children is justified because of the clothing they wear', religion is irrelevant to this discussion.

There are NO reasons that provoke rape and molestation. It is the mentality of the rapist and NOTHING ELSE.
I had posted Ayats in my very first comment that touched upon this aspect. But some moderator didn`t like that and deleted my comment otherwise you would have timely received answer to that.

Who's stopping you from following the standards set by God? Doosre pe apne standards kyun thop rahay ho bhai?
While I agree with you, this is a separate discussion.

Do not fall into this trap of bringing religion into the debate. Like I said, unless there is a Quranic Ayah or Hadith that says 'men, women & children are responsible for being sexually assaulted because of their clothing', religion has no place in this discussion.

Agree with it. But Immodest clothing should be abhorred as much as possible
That is your opinion and I respect that, but whether immodest clothing should be abhorred for religious reasons or not is irrelevant to this discussion.

The argument here is simply that the choice of clothing by a man, woman or child does not justify sexual assault, sexual abuse or harassment.

Weakness attracts abuse not dress. A common woman in burka is more likely to abused than mehwish in bikni. Abusers don't care what type of dress you wear.
Profession plays the role too. Actresses are more powerful than a comman woman but they get sexual assaulted

Wow ....a new philosopher in the town :rofl:
BTW!! what's her claim to fame and academic background?
To me, she appears to be an actress / model but appearances can be often deceptive.

If you're famous you become an expert on everything; politics, philosophy, religion... nuclear physics...:omghaha:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom