What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

No. It is not a woman's responsibility at all to wear something that satisfies whatever 'standard' other men have set.

The responsibility is solely yours and yours alone to control your behavior in terms of not sexually assaulting other men, women or children, regardless of what they wear.

The example I provided of pedophiles is based on interviews and comments of pedophiles who have argued that they 'cannot control their urges' and that it is what 'nature wants them to do'.
I am not talking of 'standard' other men have set, i am talking of 'standard' Allah has set

Nice girl and dress.

I bet it is Pakistani dress since Indian traditional dress show women belly. My local region female dress (Minang ethnic) is more Islamic though, not giving much body to be exposed. But the dress style is quite similar with that Pakistani one.

Baju Kurung (Minang ethnic) and most greater Malay ethnic dress have similar style.

Hijab style
6816138_3408e939-269c-468f-9e36-84d521200954_640_640.jpg

Non Hijab style

6816138_364b42c4-a9ca-48c1-befb-a218b21f05de_540_540.jpg
What relevance does any of this have to the discussion?

I am not talking of 'standard' other men have set, i am talking of 'standard' Allah has set
That is between you and Allah, and not for anyone else who's interpretations are different from yours or who does not follow or practice the same beliefs.

You can choose to be critical of someone's attire, but that does not justify claiming that 'hormones cannot be controlled and that women are raped because of how they dress'.

Essentially, the discussion on whether the clothing worn by women is appropriate in terms of Islam vs whether sexual assault on women is justified or a result of what they wear are two different discussions.

That is between you and Allah, and not for anyone else who's interpretations are different from yours or who does not follow or practice the same beliefs.

You can choose to be critical of someone's attire, but that does not justify claiming that 'hormones cannot be controlled and that women are raped because of how they dress'.

Essentially, the discussion on whether the clothing worn by women is appropriate in terms of Islam vs whether sexual assault on women is justified or a result of what they wear are two different discussions.
these are not two different discussions. They are inter connected. There is a direct relationship between the two.
Read this carefully https://www-psychologytoday-com.cdn...-sexual-misconduct-and-the-testosterone-curse

When FOUNDING FATHERS of Pakistan made the rule that nothing against Islam will prevail in Pakistan they were 100% right just to NIP-THE-EVIL-IN-THE-BUD by slogans like MERA JISM MERI MARZI, lanat u Allah

When FOUNDING FATHERS of Pakistan made the rule that nothing against Islam will prevail in Pakistan they were 100% right just to NIP-THE-EVIL-IN-THE-BUD by slogans like MERA JISM MERI MARZI, lanat u Allah
Sexual assault of men, women and children and blaming it on hormones is a bigger evil, and bigger laanat that needs to be nipped in the bud far more than 'clothing choices'.

That is one opinion, and even there the author is careful to qualify that he is by no means arguing that sexual assault is justified in ANY case, hormones or not.

Sexual assault of men, women and children and blaming it on hormones is a bigger evil, and bigger laanat that needs to be nipped in the bud far more than 'clothing choices'.
No its not, if the CLOTHING CHOICE becomes a reason for HORMONAL INCREASE which has a potential for assault on anybody then CLOTHING CHOICE has to be addressed, dont you you understand simple CAUSE & EFFECT relationship ?

No its not, if the CLOTHING CHOICE becomes a reason for HORMONAL INCREASE which has a potential for assault on anybody then CLOTHING CHOICE has to be addressed, dont you you understand simple CAUSE & EFFECT relationship ?
There is no cause and effect - the one opinion piece you posted to justify this ludicrous claim, the author himself argued that there was no justification for sexual assault, hormones or otherwise.

This line of thought has been demolished and laughed out of almost all serious psychology & psychiatry circles.

YOU and YOU alone are responsible for your behavior, not a man, woman or child and how they dress.

That is one opinion, and even there the author is careful to qualify that he is by no means arguing that sexual assault is justified in ANY case, hormones or not.
I have never said sexual assault is justified, I am just saying that chances of sexual assault are increased when women dress up like bimbos

There is no cause and effect - the one opinion piece you posted to justify this ludicrous claim, the author himself argued that there was no justification for sexual assault, hormones or otherwise.

This line of thought has been demolished and laughed out of almost all serious psychology & psychiatry circles.

YOU and YOU alone are responsible for your behavior, not a man, woman or child and how they dress.
This man who has written this article is a PhD in Psychology. Read this article closely

Ok no religious discussion. Mehwish is right. It`s a misconception.

Ok no religious discussion. Mehwish is right. It`s a misconception.
lol
ok no religion
This is what this PhD in Psychology is writing , "When a male's T-levels elevate beyond a certain point, he can hardly help but constantly have sex on his mind. And for males in their late teens and early twenties (when T-levels peak), their thoughts and feelings are influenced mightily by what’s coursing through their veins. They experience an almost constant stirring in their genitals—sensations that clamor for attention, but which social mores disallow full expression. Despite such constraints, however, the very sight of a female (real, or merely "fabricated" in their mind) can’t help but fan this not-to-be-denied libidinous flame."

This is not me, this is a PhD. Closing your eyes will not make the reality vanish

A man is not a man untill he can control his urge.

That doesnt mean women can wear whatever they want.

A man is not a man untill he can control his urge.

That doesnt mean women can wear whatever they want.

Get this into your head. How you dress is nobody but your own business. Human society has mores and bounds within which to cover your body, nobody is arguing for nudism here. You as a man do not get to tell a woman to cover up. If you believe in a value system that says women need to be covered up from head to toe, that's your deal. You can not enforce your beliefs on other people. There is nothing instrinsically so magnetic about a woman's hair and face that it needs to be covered up otherwise it will force men into a frenzy like honeybees to honey.

In my own layman analysis, puberty brings with itself hormonal storm that only momentarily calms when a person mates or flogs the bishop. Visuals have impact on a person`s mind and it further aids fuel to the fire. Now if I am a fan of item songs that Mehwish is famous for, there is a reason I love to watch that. But it`s OK if she is happy in showing it off and cashing it for herself. Good for her career. Only brings more "fans" that we have read about are ever ready to pounce on these actresses and molest them whenever they find an opportunity. But lets not blame the clothes. Bikini, tights and Victoria`s Secret are only good dresses. Lets not demonize them. Lets not be bigots. Lets be open minded and keep religion out of it because that only kills the fun.

In my own layman analysis, puberty brings with itself hormonal storm that only momentarily calms when a person mates or flogs the bishop. Visuals have impact on a person`s mind and it further aids fuel to the fire. Now if I am a fan of item songs that Mehwish is famous for, there is a reason I love to watch that. But it`s OK if she is happy in showing it off and cashing it for herself. Good for her career. Only brings more "fans" that we have read about are ever ready to pounce on these actresses and molest them whenever they find an opportunity. But lets not blame the clothes. Bikini, tights and Victoria`s Secret are only good dresses. Lets not demonize them. Lets not be bigots. Lets be open minded and keep religion out of it because that only kills the fun.

I'd like to know what enticing clothes the poor little angel Zainab was wearing? What is it that 5 year old or 85 year old rape victims wear that can be SOOO enticing? Rape and molestation are acts of aggression and humiliation. It has nothing to do with sex. If you can get hard while your victim is screaming and crying, there is something massively wrong with you. Stop blaming it on the victim's clothes.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom