What's new

It is official, now the Type 094 boomers are patrolling with JL-2 SLBM

The Type 096 is on the way, that's why they have finally unveiled the Type 094.

How many Type 096 and Type 094 do you think we need in total?

When other nations have the capability to hunt SSBN's, we need a lot to be on the safe side.

This may be a stupid suggestion but why do countries like Russia not base SSBNs in deep lakes like Baikal as that would be perfect as to never allow an enemy to be able to attack it?

This may be a stupid suggestion but why do countries like Russia not base SSBNs in deep lakes like Baikal as that would be perfect as to never allow an enemy to be able to attack it?

Baikal is a huge lake indeed, maybe it could work.

Though the Ocean is bigger. And there is no way that the satellites can watch the whole ocean, meaning there is a nice big element of surprise.

Baikal is a huge lake indeed, maybe it could work.

Though the Ocean is bigger. And there is no way that the satellites can watch the whole ocean, meaning there is a nice big element of surprise.

A SSBN can be hunted by SSN's in the Ocean but never in a lake like Baikal.

I think the Russians must have at least given it a consideration and decided against it for one reason or another.

Edit: If you are implying that satellites can track a submarine underwater, then I am not sure whether that can be done.

A SSBN can be hunted by SSN's in the Ocean but never in a lake like Baikal.

I think the Russians must have at least given it a consideration and decided against it for one reason or another.

Edit: If you are implying that satellites can track a submarine underwater, then I am not sure whether that can be done.

It's not a bad idea, I wonder about it as well.

About satellites, they can't track the submarines themselves, but can definitely track a launched SLBM.

Which is why the Ocean is so great, because there is no way they can watch the entire ocean for signs of an SLBM launch. And even after they finally see the launch it will be too late.

How many Type 096 and Type 094 do you think we need in total?

When other nations have the capability to hunt SSBN's, we need a lot to be on the safe side.

China has built 6 Type 094 SSBNs so far, so the Type 096 will be comparable to the most advanced SSBNs in the world, so maybe 10-12 boomers will be reasonable.

The Lake Baikal is still too small compared to the ocean, thus it will be safer to sail the boomer in the ocean.

China has moved all Type 094 SSBNs to South China Sea long time ago.

China has built 6 Type 094 SSBNs so far, so the Type 096 will be comparable to the most advanced SSBNs in the world, so maybe 10-12 boomers will be reasonable.

The Lake Baikal is still too small compared to the ocean, thus it will be safer to sail the boomer in the ocean.

China has moved all Type 094 SSBNs to South China Sea long time ago.

Really? Wow! I hope they Deploy an couple of Type-052C and possibly the future 052D in the SCS :cheers:

Around 2015, and JL-3 will be ready by before 2020.

We need to improve our Anti-Submarine Capability in the future IMO. It would be better if the Type-096 gets deployed around the East China sea, near Daiyou Island, while the Type 094 patrols the SCS.

Really? Wow! I hope they Deploy an couple of Type-052C and possibly the future 052D in the SCS :cheers:

The Type 094 has moved its base to South China Sea since 2007.

In April of this year, Xi Jinping has visited a Type 094 in the naval base of Sanya, it is the ultimate proof that the homeport of the Type 094 is now in South China Sea.

I don't know why all those information laggards keep insisting that the the North Sea Fleet is the only fleet that possesses the nuclear subs.

President+Xi+Jinping++Type+094+Nuclear+Attack+Submarine+(3)+plaan+pla+navy.jpg

President+Xi+Jinping++Type+094+Nuclear+Attack+Submarine+(1)+plaan+pla+navy.jpg

President+Xi+Jinping++Type+094+Nuclear+Attack+Submarine+(2)+plaan+pla+navy.jpg

The Type 094 has moved its base to South China Sea since 2007.

In April of this year, Xi Jinping has visited a Type 094 in the naval base of Sanya, it is the ultimate proof that the homeport of the Type 094 is now in South China Sea.

I don't know why all those information laggards keep insisting that the the North Sea Fleet is the only fleet that possesses the nuclear subs.

President+Xi+Jinping++Type+094+Nuclear+Attack+Submarine+(3)+plaan+pla+navy.jpg

President+Xi+Jinping++Type+094+Nuclear+Attack+Submarine+(1)+plaan+pla+navy.jpg

President+Xi+Jinping++Type+094+Nuclear+Attack+Submarine+(2)+plaan+pla+navy.jpg

But isn't this an bit of an overkill, considering the State of ASEAN Navies like the PN or the VPN..

We need to improve our Anti-Submarine Capability in the future IMO. It would be better if the Type-096 gets deployed around the East China sea, near Daiyou Island, while the Type 094 patrols the SCS.

The East China Sea only has the Type 091G and Type 093 SSNs, because its littoral water is too shallow for a 12000+ tons SSBN to sail over there.

The Type 096 can only deploy in East China Sea until we directly control Taiwan, since the eastern coast of Taiwan is suitable to host the homeport of the SSBNs.

But isn't this an bit of an overkill, considering the State of ASEAN Navies like the PN or the VPN..

The Type 094 is only served as the deterrence against USA.

Because the waters of Bohai Sea/Yellow Sea/East China Sea are too shallow to hide the Type 094, that's why China has moved it to the South China Sea.

Each Type 094 may carry 12 JL-2 SLBMs with a range of 12000km, in the water of South China Sea, it is enough to reach all continental USA by travelling at the North Pole trajectory.

The East China Sea only has the Type 091G and Type 093 SSNs, because its littoral water is too shallow for a 12000+ tons SSBN to sail over there.

The Type 096 can only deploy in East China Sea until we directly control Taiwan, since the eastern coast of Taiwan is suitable to host the homeport of the SSBNs.

The Type 094 is only served as the deterrence against USA.

Because the waters of Bohai Sea/Yellow Sea/East China Sea are too shallow to hide the Type 094, that's why China has moved it to the South China Sea.

Each Type 094 may carry 12 JL-2 SLBMs with a range of 12000km, in the water of South China Sea, it is enough to reach all continental USA by travelling at the North Pole trajectory.
If we need an base to deter the JMSDF in Daiyou, I think both Nuclear Attack SSN and AIP conventional submarines need to operate from bases in Fujian province.

Henceforth why the PLANs needs to break beyond the first Chain Islands IMO. BTW does Lioaning CV play an role in this?

Henceforth why the PLANs needs to break beyond the first Chain Islands IMO. BTW does Lioaning CV play an role in this?

Taiwan is a major headache for us, we need to take it back immediately, otherwise our SSBN can only sail at the South China Sea for the sake of safety.

With Taiwan at our hand, we can deploy the SSBNs in its eastern coast of the Pacific Ocean, it is better to sail in there than in South China Sea.

Russia has much better geographic advantage over us, they only need to develop a 8000km SLBM to hit USA, while we need to develop a 12000km one. This costs us more to maintain the nuclear deterrence against USA.

Taiwan is a major headache for us, we need to take it back immediately, otherwise our SSBN can only sail at the South China Sea for the sake of safety.

With Taiwan at our hand, we can deploy the SSBNs in its eastern coast of the Pacific Ocean, it is better to sail in there than in South China Sea.

Russia has much better geographic advantage over us, they only need to develop a 8000km SLBM to hit USA, while we need to develop a 12000km one. This costs us more to maintain the nuclear deterrence against USA.

Yes. Taiwan is an Military Liability for Chinese National Security.
But I'm sure there's Islands in the SCS that be used an staging point in which we can use as bases for our SSNB like the Type-094/6.
487px-Schina_sea_88.png

Back
Top Bottom