What's new

It is official, now the Type 094 boomers are patrolling with JL-2 SLBM

The hump SSBN may not be the most quiet one, but it is necessarily an hyper noisy boomer?

Even the Type 094 has an hump, yet its design seems to be largely improved over those Cold War hump SSBNs with its smooth appearance.

Yeah, China also believes the non-hump SSBN is overall superior, but nevertheless China still makes it as a credible naval nuclear deterrence. Do you think we Chinese are retarded of spending billions to make an extra noisy boomer that can be easily detected by the enemy?

Don't let your hatred against China to cloud your own judgement. And i am refraining to keep the discussion further, since it gonna create more flamebait again.

At no point did i say it sucks,u let ur hatred for my nationality deduce that for urself.I only said it will be noisy due to hump which is comon knowledge in sub technology.The chinese are not retarded,i believe its just that at the present moment they couldn't make the SLBM any shorter to fit in a smooth submarine and are now working on tech to do that.Having a sub with SLBM s is much better than no SSBN.Thtas why even if its noisy its still deterrence.As SLBM size is reduced they will fit it on smooth sub.
Don't let ur hate for my nationality cloud ur judgement on facts presented.Good day.:sleep:

At no point did i say it sucks,u let ur hatred for my nationality deduce that for urself.I only said it will be noisy due to hump which is comon knowledge in sub technology.The chinese are not retarded,i believe its just that at the present moment they couldn't make the SLBM any shorter to fit in a smooth submarine and are now working on tech to do that.Having a sub with SLBM s is much better than no SSBN.Thtas why even if its noisy its still deterrence.As SLBM size is reduced they will fit it on smooth sub.
Don't let ur hate for my nationality cloud ur judgement on facts presented.Good day.:sleep:

As i said before, the size of our next gen SLBM cannot be reduced, it will only become bigger due the extra amount of MIRVed warheads.

Since we need to get rid of the hump, meanwhile being capable to contain the huge SLBMs, thus the only way is to make the SSBN more than 16000 tons.

Now even the large non-hump SSBNs will also face the imminent threat of being more detectable due its extra size.

Since US won't bother its boomers being more detectable than the Borei class boomers, since their boomers have been protected by the most powerful navy in the world.

Now, we are planning to build the large non-hump boomers, meanwhile we also need to follow the pace of our overall naval deployment.

Having a weak surface combatant vessels is dangerous for your large boomers to sail alone. :coffee:

As i said before, the size of our next gen SLBM cannot be reduced, it will only become bigger due the extra amount of MIRVed warheads.

Since we need to get rid of the hump, meanwhile being capable to contain the huge SLBMs, thus the only way is to make the SSBN more than 16000 tons.

Now even the large non-hump SSBNs will also face the imminent threat of being more detectable due its extra size.

Since US won't bother its boomers being more detectable than the Borei class boomers, since their boomers have been protected by the most powerful navy in the world.

Now, we are planning to build the large non-hump boomers, meanwhile we also need to follow the pace of our overall naval deployment.

Having a weak surface combatant vessels is dangerous for your large boomers to sail alone. :coffee:

One option for u is to use a double hull for large SSBNs like in typhoon,this is efficient in keeping noise down.

One option for u is to use a double hull for large SSBNs like in typhoon,this is efficient in keeping noise down.

Our next gen SSBN will not have any hump, it is rather more akin to the next gen SSBN of the USN, carrying 16 SLBMs and with a displacement of around 20000 tons.

But having a such large SSBN, it needs to be protected by some very powerful navy in the world. :coffee:

Then they need to deploy their sub base in Taiwan.

But if Taiwan dares to accept this offer, then China will probably blow Taiwan off immediately since it is a direct threat to China's national security.

Submarines can be out in the sea for months. Not to mention they can resupply without the need for Taiwan.

Our next gen SSBN will not have any hump, it is rather more akin to the next gen SSBN of the USN, carrying 16 SLBMs and with a displacement of around 20000 tons.

But having a such large SSBN, it needs to be protected by some very powerful navy in the world. :coffee:

Don't get that comment there. Ohio class boomers are known to operate alone.

Don't get that comment there. Ohio class boomers are known to operate alone.

Keep in mind that the USN is still by far the most powerful naval power in the world that controls the major oceans, of course the Ohio class boomers can feel free to sail anywhere around the world.

But China and Russia's SSBNs are backed by the far weaker navy, that's why Russia hides their boomers in the Arctic Ocean, while we hide ours in the South China Sea. :coffee:

Funny thing is the coffee smiley on every post,lol.Are u really drinking coffee atm?

Thats silly,ssbn can't launch missiles if its destroyed by ssn,with its missiles or torpedos.Thats why it needs to be quiet so it can't be tracked by enemy ssns.And protected by other assets in 'ssbn bastions'.Plus another submarine itself to guard the ssbn.This is what russia did to stop usn ssns from hunting and killing their nosiy ssbns.Except typhoons which operated under arctic cap delta subs operated from ssbn bastions close to shore where they would be less vulnerable to enemy ssns.
Of course to create SSBNs bastions u need strong naval assets and good patrol aircarft with excellent sonar and sensors.
The noise is why bulk of chinese nuclear force is still land based while in usa bulk is sea based.Chinese road mobile and rail mobile missiles are much more difficult to track currently.

Range is more important becos SSBN do not need to venture Into hostile water to fire SLBM at enemies if your range is good enough. It can be protected by land based aircraft and other facilities setup to ensure the safety of SSBN.

As for China has more land based nuclear missile , it is got to do with China in the main continent of the earth. Land based SSBN will still be important. From xinjiang. China is able to strike many countries in western parts with DF-31.

Even Russia commission with a strong borei fleet. Land based nuclear force will not go away and still play an important part of nuclear deterrent. Same as China.

I have a question

If Chinese nuclear sub may not be that quiet, how about their conventional powered subs. Are they quiet like western subs?

Keep in mind that the USN is still by far the most powerful naval power in the world that controls the major oceans, of course the Ohio class boomers can feel free to sail anywhere around the world.

But China and Russia's SSBNs are backed by the far weaker navy, that's why Russia hides their boomers in the Arctic Ocean, while we hide ours in the South China Sea. :coffee:

Scary:eek:

Although that could be true. I heard that a Chinese Type 091 nuclear sub popped up near an American carrier group.

I have a question

If Chinese nuclear sub may not be that quiet, how about their conventional powered subs. Are they quiet like western subs?

Scary:eek:

Although that could be true. I heard that a Chinese Type 091 nuclear sub popped up near an American carrier group.

It was a Song class diesel sub.

BTW, the Type 091/092 is where we got our first generation nuclear sub from nothing, while the Type 093/094 is to reduce the gap with the advanced subs from US, finally the Type 095/096 is to rival the most advanced US subs.

Range is more important becos SSBN do not need to venture Into hostile water to fire SLBM at enemies if your range is good enough. It can be protected by land based aircraft and other facilities setup to ensure the safety of SSBN.

As for China has more land based nuclear missile , it is got to do with China in the main continent of the earth. Land based SSBN will still be important. From xinjiang. China is able to strike many countries in western parts with DF-31.

Even Russia commission with a strong borei fleet. Land based nuclear force will not go away and still play an important part of nuclear deterrent. Same as China.

I agree,and if u read some earlier posts thats what i said too.That it can be protected in ssbn 'bastions'.

It was a Song class diesel sub.

BTW, the Type 091/092 is where we got our first generation nuclear sub from nothing, while the Type 093/094 is to reduce the gap with the advanced subs from US, finally the Type 095/096 is to rival the most advanced US subs.

The chinese designation for type 091 is 09-I. for type 093 is 09-III. Now what does that tells you?
An hint it is a modification on 091. Not a new family. You can forget about rival the US subs for the next 3-4 decades. You will be lucky to have something approaching their current subs by then.

Back
Top Bottom