What's new

It is official, now the Type 094 boomers are patrolling with JL-2 SLBM

Yes. Taiwan is an Military Liability for Chinese National Security.
But I'm sure there's Islands in the SCS that be used an staging point in which we can use as bases for our SSNB like the Type-094/6.
487px-Schina_sea_88.png

The eastern coast of Taiwan is the best place to host our SSBNs, but for now, we have no other choice, but to deploy it in Sanya.

The eastern coast of Taiwan is the best place to host our SSBNs, but for now, we have no other choice, but to deploy it in Sanya.

What role will the New Cruise Missile play in the Type-096? Will PLAN have an capable CM warfare system like the USN has with the Tomahawk..?

What role will the New Cruise Missile play in the Type-096? Will PLAN have an capable CM warfare system like the USN has with the Tomahawk..?

The Type 096 is still a SSBN, it won't carry any cruise missile, but the Type 092(Type 094 in the future) can be modified into a SSGN.

Cool! Just Imagine an Chinese SSGN/SSBN that's capable of Launching D-21D's in the Western Pacific :cheesy:

For now, the Type 092 will be the only one doing this job, but the Type 094 will join as well in the future until the Type 096 has been deployed in large number.

Around 2015, and JL-3 will be ready by before 2020.

Nobody has mentioned anything. It's expected that the Type 096 is underway since the Type 094 is confirmed. However, no military insiders have posted any information.

Nobody has mentioned anything. It's expected that the Type 096 is underway since the Type 094 is confirmed. However, no military insiders have posted any information.

Laoma is the military insider who has mentioned about the JL-3, it will be available by 2020.

so,PLAN(china's navy) told all the activities of Nuclear subs to you,right???and even Diesel Electric Subs can cover the distance easily.it clearly states both India and USA detected those.and its not they were lurking there for long time.more likely they were heading towards Arabina sea,when they got those contacts.and Its not Indian Media,all international media report those..so,stop your whining.

you're digging your own grave.If India with crappy tech can detect so called "State of the art" subs so many times,then what good is Chinese sub?? :omghaha: and Kilo Class is crappy now,when China use the same??quit trolling and you'll live longer.adios.

Yr reasoning is fault becos Kilo is crappy that's why we build our own yuan class when our technology mature. So what's yr explanation? You still need to live with crappy kilo, right? :lol:

Laoma is the military insider who has mentioned about the JL-3, it will be available by 2020.

I'm not saying this won't happen, but here's my thing. IT seems the Chinese military officials will not acknowledge a new weapon even if they are standing in front of it as they say no.

Too much secrecy, lol, sometimes I feel they should just come out and say it.

I'm not saying this won't happen, but here's my thing. IT seems the Chinese military officials will not acknowledge a new weapon even if they are standing in front of it as they say no.

Too much secrecy, lol, sometimes I feel they should just come out and say it.

Xi Jinping is the type of guy who loves to show more military muscles, so you can expect that China to become more open in the term of the military secrecy during his terms.

That uneven hunchback would make it very noisy,Same problem shared by russian delta class SSBNs,why russia replaced both typhhon[oversized] and delta[noisy] with borei.China's next ssbn should be smooth.

That uneven hunchback would make it very noisy,Same problem shared by russian delta class SSBNs,why russia replaced both typhhon[oversized] and delta[noisy] with borei.China's next ssbn should be smooth.

Two reasons why the Type 094 has hump.

1. The boat was designed in the early 1990s, where China was still relatively weak in ship design.

2. The JL-2 was a huge Trident II-sized 55 tons SLBM, but China doesn't want to keep its boomer being too oversized in order to contain those missiles, that's another reason why the hump was added.

And you should not look down at the Delta IV class SSBNs, since it is still the main strike force for the naval nuclear arsenal of Russia.

So far only one Borei class boat has been commissioned, while all Typhoon class boast have been retired, Russia still relies on Delta IV the most of all. :coffee:

Two reasons why the Type 094 has hump.

1. The boat was designed in the early 1990s, where China was still relatively weak in ship design.

2. The JL-2 was a huge Trident II-sized 55 tons SLBM, but China doesn't want to keep its boomer being too oversized in order to contain those missiles, that's another reason why the hump was added.

And you should not look down at the Delta IV class SSBNs, since it is still the main strike force for the naval nuclear arsenal of Russia.

So far only one Borei class boat has been commissioned, while all Typhoon class boast have been retired, Russia still relies on Delta IV the most of all. :coffee:

I don't look down on delta 4,but russians themselves say iyts noisy.Thats why typhoon was built as cutting edge.But after cold war its too big and too costly.Delta 4 is now stopgap until borei class i s built en masse.

I don't look down on delta 4,but russians themselves say iyts noisy.Thats why typhoon was built as cutting edge.But after cold war its too big and too costly.Delta 4 is now stopgap until borei class i s built en masse.

Before the Borei class being mass produced, the Delta IV will still remain as the main boomers for Russia.

When your boomers are launching the SLBMs at the safe territorial water, then the range of the SLBM is more important than the noise level. :coffee:

Range is obviously highest priority,but noisy means american ssns like seawolf can easily track these subs.Thye used to do the same to delta class during cold war.Typhhon was difficult because it was waay quiter and hid under arctic ice cap where los angles class couldn't go.Thatsa why seawolf was built,to have powerful enough stern to break the ice and track and hunt typhhons under arctic cap.

Back
Top Bottom