What's new

Israelistine?

Then why is their charter not condemned? Do you expect that someone who has such a charter can co-exist peacefully with those who they hate?

Who says it is not condemned? What condemnation are you looking for?
Hence the question, why must it be only 2 yards of "condemnation" for an organization that does not carry out activities in the name of Islam and 10 yards for one that does?

Why this inequality?

Actually, you answered your question there. :)

The only answer I see is bias and "popular" villian. Not much different from the cold war period of giving every communist activity the worst title while ignoring similar activities carried out by anyone else.

The only answer I see is bias and "popular" villian. Not much different from the cold war period of giving every communist activity the worst title while ignoring similar activities carried out by anyone else.
Not entirely.

The analogy is like this -
Event 1: I am a robber and I go to an old woman and say - "Give me your purse or I will kill you".
Event 2: I am a robber and I go to an old woman and say - "Jai Shri Ram, give me your purse in the name of God or I will kill you."

Event 2 is honestly far more disgusting to me than Event 1.

Not entirely.

The analogy is like this -
Event 1: I am a robber and I go to an old woman and say - "Give me your purse or I will you".
Event 2: I am a robber and I go to an old woman and say - "Jai Shri Ram, give me your purse in the name of God or I will kill you."

Event 2 is honestly far more disgusting to me than Event 1.

What if robber 1 says Give me your purse for I am superior to you ..

That is the 2 yards.. and then if robber 2 is asked to apologize for ten.. Not sure where the distinction lies.

What if robber 1 says Give me your purse for I am superior to you ..

That is the 2 yards.. and then if robber 2 is asked to apologize for ten.. Not sure where the distinction lies.
Distinction is the belief in the divinity of the action(!)

In event 1 the robber knows what he is doing is evil. In the event 2, the robber thinks he is doing something good, even divine.

In the 60s or 70s, the Palestinian Movement had a wider support base - because of their wider appeal. It was secular and non-sectarian. Now things are much different.

@500

Show me the link for that data. Besides it's irrelevant as we are dealing with 22 countries while this discussion was about the GCC. Just Somalia, Sudan and Mauritania alone drags the numbers down heavily.

Comparing tiny Israel with 22 countries in total in both Northern Africa, Southern Hemisphere (Comoros) and Western Asia, about 450-500 million peoples etc. with tiny Israel makes no sense at all. Lebanon next by is the only comparable country although much smaller than Israel as well and war-torn.

@Oscar Please don't bother with that clown.
Data is from Wikipedia. You can also make simple calculation:

5 most populous Arab countries:

1. Egypt ----- $6,714 per capita
2. Algeria ---- $7,816 per capita
3. Morocco -- $5,699 per capita
4. Iraq --------- $7,100 per capita
5. Sudan ------ $2,673 per capita

Their total population is 217 mln all of them well below 10,000 $.

Wikipedia is not a source. Everyone can edit it. Those numbers don't look correct and up to date.

I am not sure what you are up to? You are comparing 22 countries located on 2 continents and in both the Northern and Southern Hemisphere and populations of 450-500 million people in total with tiny Israel on welfare.
Countries that have been at war, with different systems of rule, with vastly bigger populations etc. It's like comparing apples and pears.

Compare Israel without the foreign migration and investments that followed with that and international support with TWO Lebanon's and you will have a more sane comparison. Two Lebanon's that have not been war torn moreover for decades.

Anyway in this thread the GCC was specifically discussed.

Distinction is the belief in the divinity of the action(!)

In event 1 the robber knows what he is doing is evil. In the event 2, the robber thinks he is doing something good, even divine.

In the 60s or 70s, the Palestinian Movement had a wider support base - because of their wider appeal. It was secular and non-sectarian. Now things are much different.

Not really, Hitler did not think what he was doing is evil.. many serial killers do not. Moreover, if in event 2 the platform being used to claim divinity then condemns it.. why is it still not enough as it is evident.

Every scholars agree that Israel is actually an Ethnocracy where even though all ethnicity are equal one are more equal than the others. For example it got over 30+ discriminatory laws for its arab minority.

One state, two state I don't give a shit as long as the conflict & the dispute end.
123338_600.jpg

Although the longer Israel delay the one-state will became much more appealing.

if you mean chomsky here, good luck !

and you know what ? those "critics" who say that need to just need to look into the neighbourhood Israel is in and any unbiased and unopinionated person will uphold what i have been repeating.

I repeat, Israel is not Yahoodistan like pakistan is a muslimsonlystan. pakistan's track record of forced conversions and torture rape and killing of minorities openly in the streets look very, very poorly against civilised Israel.

the problem is with pakistani muslims who have to seek a reason to convincce themselves why they hate the jews. everrrrry day of their lives..online..offline..

and you can take that to the bank.

Hitler did not think what he was doing is evil.. many serial killers do not. Moreover, if in event 2 the platform being used to claim divinity then condemns it.. why is it still not enough as it is evident
No actually, Hitler was aware what he was doing was immoral if not outright evil. In any case, the real guy we should be talking about would be Himmler wrt to the Holocaust. But even then they were aware of the evil in it, but they were swayed by what they called as 'necessity'. The removal of the 'Jews' was considered necessary, even desirable for cleansing Germany, not 'right', certainly at least not for God.

Serial killers do have a fkd up worldview, hence they are called socio/psychopaths.

But if a sane person uses God to do something abhorent it becomes all the more condemnable. :)

No actually, Hitler was aware what he was doing was immoral if not outright evil. In any case, the real guy we should be talking about would be Himmler wrt to the Holocaust. But even then they were aware of the evil in it, but they were swayed by what they called as 'necessity'. The removal of the 'Jews' was considered necessary, even desirable for cleansing Germany, not 'right', certainly at least not for God.

Serial killers do have a fkd up worldview, hence they are called socio/psychopaths.

But if a sane person uses God to do something abhorent it becomes all the more condemnable. :)

You sort of went straight for the point.. so if Himmler was able to convince millions of Germans that cleansing the Jews was right.. then if there are himmlers out there who can convince people that doing the same is divine.. how are the rest who do not see it as divine obliged to "apologize" or explain it?

how are the rest who do not see it as divine obliged to "apologize" or explain it?
Yeah, to the point posts help. :) This one - Brilliantly put. The best response would be an United Arab Coalition to take on the ISIS. Not the US, I believe they will muddy the waters further. :(

But then that does not seem to be happening. We are thankfully outside the conflict zone. All I can do is hope. And I hope things turn for the better. Soon.

if you mean chomsky here, good luck !

and you know what ? those "critics" who say that need to just need to look into the neighbourhood Israel is in and any unbiased and unopinionated person will uphold what i have been repeating.

I repeat, Israel is not Yahoodistan like pakistan is a muslimsonlystan. pakistan's track record of forced conversions and torture rape and killing of minorities openly in the streets look very, very poorly against civilised Israel.

the problem is with pakistani muslims who have to seek a reason to convincce themselves why they hate the jews. everrrrry day of their lives..online..offline..

and you can take that to the bank.

14250.jpg

Ethnocracy: Land and Identity Politics in Israel/Palestine - Oren Yiftachel - Google Books

41WLxIc59YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Redirect Notice

Yeah, to the point posts help. :) This one - Brilliantly put. The best response would be an United Arab Coalition to take on the ISIS. Not the US, I believe they will muddy the waters further. :(

But then that does not seem to be happening. We are thankfully outside the conflict zone. All I can do is hope. And I hope things turn for the better. Soon.

But herein lies the bigger question.. a United Arab Coalition means that all Arab states(and their respective power centres) agree that the ISIS is wrong, the Syrians/Iraqis and Kurds need their help.. and this is the right Islamic thing to do..

Back
Top Bottom